Long term QB plans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    It would be awesome if Kelly turned into the franchise QB many of you are describing. Maybe he can be. but you understand why some are skeptical, right?

Until he does he is just another hopeful the Bronco fans so desperately want to see be successful. that they declare their greatness with a lot of hyperbole. You do remember the threads proclaiming that Sanchez, Seimien and Keenum "are the man"?

Sorry. I remain skeptical until Kelly actually proves he is capable of playing in a regular season game before handing over the franchise over to him. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I would love to see the franchise QB fiasco finally resolved.
    Kelly is a wildcard i feel. i feel like he could have nfl QB or he could not. i think he was underdrafted for sure. the injury he sustained out of college has been known to strip people of arm strength among other things. i mean he did tear a muscle in his throwing shoulder. it doesn't seem to have effected his arm strength which turns him into a steal. but we still need to see him play in the nfl against 1 and we need to see if he will be injury prone cause i feel there is a good chance to it.

to me the real issue is i don't like this next QB class, there are some good prospect no elite ones. next year though i feel is really strong. with Tua and Fromm both of those QB i'd have rated over any coming out this year and if they could declear. Jacob EAson is also a wild card, there is a real chance we could end up with 3 top 5 QBs. that season, this season seems Weak, but is strong at CB(greedy Williams) and OT(Greg Little Trey Adams and Johans Williams). i think this may be the year to pick up our LT of the future and move bolles to RT, then we can make moves for Tua or Fromm in 2020.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 09-28-2018, 02:51 PM.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
      This Chad Kelly cheer leading is getting a bit over the top. He played well against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but in no way did he have as an impressive preseason as this guy - http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...mms-highlights - and in spite of all the people that thought Josh McDaniels was stupid for playing Orton, he was clearly proven right when we had the chance to see Chris Simms against starters.

Chad Kelly is undersized and take bad risks. He seems to be a Jay Cutler type player without the physical skills.

The long term plan is that Keenum plays better or that we turn to the draft!

Are you comparing Chris Simms, in his 7th NFL season, to Chad Kelly in his first?
      sigpic

Comment

t's obvious what the plan is. were going to line through with Case, VJ will be fired. Then Swag will be given his chance with Musgrave as HC. If that combo doesn't produce results, The timing will be around the same time that Dylan McCaffery should be starting and in his Junior year at Michigan (Go Blue!). We will mauver however we have to in the Draft to get him , but first Elway will finally "woo" Harbaugh into our HC gig!

So it's a 3-4 year plan with some ups and downs! Christian may have been the McCaffery we wanted, but Dylan may be the McCaffery we need!
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          t's obvious what the plan is. were going to line through with Case, VJ will be fired. Then Swag will be given his chance with Musgrave as HC. If that combo doesn't produce results, The timing will be around the same time that Dylan McCaffery should be starting and in his Junior year at Michigan (Go Blue!). We will mauver however we have to in the Draft to get him , but first Elway will finally "woo" Harbaugh into our HC gig!

So it's a 3-4 year plan with some ups and downs! Christian may have been the McCaffery we wanted, but Dylan may be the McCaffery we need!
          i really like Tua and Fromm if we get high enough to get either of those 2 we should.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm

Comment

I still think that Will Grier will be the best QB in this draft
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

IMO the key factor has to be what path the Broncos are willing to take.

Drafting a franchise rookie is a commitment to a rebuild. It is committing to playing him and an acceptance of growing pains any rookie will have. It is telling the fans "we may not be competing for a playoff spot until we figure this out".

The past few years of relying on mediocre (at best) QB play and hoping the defense can carry the team is a fragile option. As we saw last year, it does not take much to capsize the boat and sink all expectations. Even Keenum this year was a hopeful bridge QB to hopefully be competitive long enough to keep the fans from having too high of expectations. But certainly not a long term plan.

Elway has been trying to ride that razor's edge of remaining competitive and playoff relevant and developing for the future. Rarely does that work in the NFL. Maybe his next draft pick or Kelly can be the longshot that works. We shall see.

Elway needs to decide if he will find his franchise QB by paying big bucks in free agency or by using valuable assets getting into position to draft "his guy". Big problem I see is the mentality of him settling for the "almost as good" QB. Like Keenum or selecting Allen or Rosen would have been.

None of this easy and I do not envy Elway's job or options. But at some point he has to choose and get fully behind one path. It will likely be a high stakes all-in type choice that will either gain him GM genius accolades or get him fired for another mistake.

Comment

After watching the Indianapolis Lucks yesterday. I am more convinced we should find a way to trade for Luck this offseason and save this potentially Elite QB from that horrible team. It’s like watching someone you know that could be one of the best but the people around them keep dragging him down. His team is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  After watching the Indianapolis Lucks yesterday. I am more convinced we should find a way to trade for Luck this offseason and save this potentially Elite QB from that horrible team. It’s like watching someone you know that could be one of the best but the people around them keep dragging him down. His team is terrible.
                  For sheer irony, I would love it. However, I still have concerns about his injury history. Plus, how much would it cost? Two 1st rounders? Personally, I'd prefer Wilson if he were available.

Comment

Joe flacco may be good to look at also. he is playing his best football and they just drafted a first round QB.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                      For sheer irony, I would love it. However, I still have concerns about his injury history. Plus, how much would it cost? Two 1st rounders? Personally, I'd prefer Wilson if he were available.
                      I’d take either one. Only thing that hold me back on Wilson is that contract and his new contract coming is going to be crazy high. You still have Luck at a lower rate for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        Joe flacco may be good to look at also. he is playing his best football and they just drafted a first round QB.
                        I keep telling people that Flacco will be gone soon and he could be a good pick up for Denver.

Comment

Working...
                        X