Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Interesting fact I came across today

well in chicago they had drafted a first round CB a year before and he has became a star. so that is kinda understanible. i also feel they had decent CBs in SF.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Greedy is such a BA name ><

Comment

Fangio’s defenses have always been reliant on a dominant front 7 to make their secondary look good. With that being said, under Fangio/Donatell, the Bears secondary vastly improved their play with the existing personnel they had.

CB is a need for us this year, no doubt.

As far as Greedy Williams goes, he is the best man corner in this draft. Period. But his effort in run defense and tackling is very subpar. After our embarrassing SB loss to Seattle, why did Elway go get Talib and let DRC go? Physicality. Greedy Williams is a blue-chip prospect as a cover corner but if Denver drafts him, I can only hope Fangio/Donatell can light a fire under him to take good angles and be unafraid to lay a hit.

Someone in the 2nd round that I would like and almost even prefer over Greedy Williams is Rock Ya-Sin. He is Aqib Talib 2.0 without the insane ball-hawking ability. Very physical and can be left on an island with a top receiver. He wore a single digit number at Temple, which is only given to the toughest players on the roster (as voted by other players on the team).
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          Fangio’s defenses have always been reliant on a dominant front 7 to make their secondary look good. With that being said, under Fangio/Donatell, the Bears secondary vastly improved their play with the existing personnel they had.

CB is a need for us this year, no doubt.

As far as Greedy Williams goes, he is the best man corner in this draft. Period. But his effort in run defense and tackling is very subpar. After our embarrassing SB loss to Seattle, why did Elway go get Talib and let DRC go? Physicality. Greedy Williams is a blue-chip prospect as a cover corner but if Denver drafts him, I can only hope Fangio/Donatell can light a fire under him to take good angles and be unafraid to lay a hit.

Someone in the 2nd round that I would like and almost even prefer over Greedy Williams is Rock Ya-Sin. He is Aqib Talib 2.0 without the insane ball-hawking ability. Very physical and can be left on an island with a top receiver. He wore a single digit number at Temple, which is only given to the toughest players on the roster (as voted by other players on the team).
          Remember when he was with the Jets and Denver played them on a Thursday night game, and they had video of him grabbing the receiver so he looked "blocked" so he wouldn't have to try to tackle Tebow?

That should be golden line for lack of tackling effort by a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Remember when he was with the Jets and Denver played them on a Thursday night game, and they had video of him grabbing the receiver so he looked "blocked" so he wouldn't have to try to tackle Tebow?

That should be golden line for lack of tackling effort by a CB.
            That was Antonio Cromartie, his baby making cousin.

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            Great post. I will never be on board with drafting a cornerback that high who has no interest in tackling ball carriers, or taking on blocks, Greedy is soft and I wouldn't even consider him at 10 personally.

Comment

I would take Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy at 10 before greedy Williams.....

Comment

I'd prefer to sign a FA and give Yadiom more of s shot. I also wouldn't be against giving Roby a team friendly deal to see if the new staff can get better results

Comment

Working...
                X