Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I want Elway to talk Bruce Arians into a 3-4 year deal, he would have to seriously pay the man but he would be worth it. Then Arians could hire Chuck Pagano as DC. That’s the absolute dream staff right there.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I’m all for Ed Oliver. He could be an OLB if he really wanted to be. He’s an athletic freak and very smart on the football field.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Musgrave is atrocious and I do not support any scenario that retains him as OC. He is most of the reason our offense is trash this year. On our next 3rd and 5 watch all of the receivers run 15 yard routes while Keenum gets blasted in the backfield, it’s oainfully obvious Musgrave is clueless. I would retain absolutely no one from this current staff, they are all complete garbage.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    I seriously doubt that Mike Shanahan will return to coaching in the NFL at any level, and especially here, under Elway, or under any GM so long Ellis is CEO. I'm fairly certain that the Broncos aren't rehiring (as HC) any head coaches that were fired here and people are wasting their time with Shanahan, McDoof, or Fox scenarios. I'm surprised Dan Reeves hasn't been proposed yet to complete this picture!

I also don't think Kubes is returning to coaching at any level either -doctor's orders. Coordinator may be less stressful than HC but it's still stressful, it's a full-time job. He is currently part-time as an advisor and communication with Elway can happen via video chatting so the job doesn't necessitate moving away from Houston and living in Denver again.

I also don't think they are keeping Musgrave. The playcalling has been suspect and while his offense was successful to some degree in Oakland he was also fired there by Jack Del Rio (for the second time -first time was in Jacksonville), with one of the criticisms not running the ball enough -sound familiar?

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    You lost me with the coaching staffs. There's zero reason to bring in Rex Ryan, especially since he likes to make himself a big story. And even more so because h likes to bring his brother along, and his brother is an awful coach.

I don't see a strong personality HC (Shanahan) or a strong defensive coach (Schwartz) bringing along that DC. Sadly Shanahan would probably bring Bob Slowick in as DC.

I do think there's a very few scenarios where Kubiak would coach again (only as an OC) and I think for Mike Shanahan would be one of those scenarios, but I really don't think you can bring the magic back. Shanahan back to the Broncos screams to me of Gibbs back to the Skins, Gruden back to the Raiders and Art Shell back to the Raiders.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    Sounds like a reasonable plan, except for a couple of things. First, right now we have the 7th overall pick. I don't know if that's high enough to get Oliver. We might have to move up to get him. Second, most mocks I've seen have Greg Little in the 1st round. No chance he's available in the 3rd. Finally, I wonder if Shanny would be comfortable working under Elway, especially with the understanding that he has no say in personnel decisions.
    I think the Elway and Shanny combination wouldn’t really hurt in the personal selection. I actually think they both would work well together and prob tend to agree on the path

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Why do people on this forum keep mocking Greg little as a third rounder. If he doesn't fo top 15 I'd be surprised. I'd have him rated higher then kolton miller
    I agree he will move up. I just go by what I am reading “ experts” say right now.

Aaron donald* correction

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Why do people on this forum keep mocking Greg little as a third rounder. If he doesn't fo top 15 I'd be surprised. I'd have him rated higher then kolton miller

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Before we can move to the offeseason we need to find out if some of our players can play difference positions. Mainly, Bolles playing RT and Veldheer playing LT. Veldheer was originally a LT so I’m not too worried on him but we need to see if he can play RT. Bolles is not meant to play against every teams best pass rusher. Push him to RT to see if he can handle that. If not, we are looking for a Tackle early next draft. We also need to see what we got with Chad Kelly. If he can get in and plays very well this might ruin my pick up below.

Trade Alert: I do think Denver pulls the trigger on Patrick Peterson. Cards have announced that they are opening for talks. I don’t think he will cost a 1st because of his age and cap hit. I do see us giving up a 2nd and a later pick or a player though. Denver hasn’t been shy is going after Corners via trade or FA in the past.

Offseason moves starting with Coaches:
    Two HC scenarios: (Mike Shan) OC ( Kubiak) DC (Rex Ryan)
    HC ( Jim Swartz) OC( Musgrave) DC ( Rex Ryan)

Both scenarios I have us switching to a 4-3. Better suits our players.

Offseason Cuts:
    DT: Saving $14 mill
    Keenum: Saving $10-11 mill
    Marshall: Saving $5 mill
    Booker: less than a mill.
    Possible Cuts: Stewart and Wolfe to save $10 mill total but we will keep them in this mock up

Cap including cuts and increase:
    Cuts save= $30 mill
    Cap 2019= $33 mill
    Cap increase= $10 mill
    Cap carry over= $4 mill
    Total= Around $77 mill in cap space

Free Agent
    Derek Carr: ( I know he isn’t a FA next year but I do believe Gruden moves on and selects his QB he wants. Plus the contract favors them to release him this offseason). Prob paying him around $20-25 per year on a 3 year deal. Carr’s best two years were with Musgrave helping him. Plus I can see Carr wanting to stick it to his old team and partner up with his old cordinator.

Resign Paradis: $8 mill per year

Max garcia: Possibly extension to a very low contract. Little guarantee just so we can see if we need him after the draft.

Huerman: Low contract as well

Draft:
    Assuming we have a top 5 pick again

1st: Ed Oliver- you want the next Sam Darnold while here he is. Arguably the best defender in football. A great Dline can make your secondary look better than they are. Make your LB make easier reads.
    Wolfe- Oliver-Walker- Chubb or Von-Oliver-Walker-Chubb and use Wolfe and Gotsis as rotation. If so, Wolfe needs to take a pay cut.

2nd: traded away for peterson

3rd: Greg Little, OT: size and power but needs a little work. Could be a steal but we may have to move up because I can see his draft status going up as we near draft.

4th: Michael Deiter, OG: plays as a C but most likely will be moved to OG or maybe a T. But I see him with his size as a OG.

5th: best LB available.

Offense
    OLine:Little( Maybe Bolles)- Leary- Paradis-Deiter- Bolles
    Wr: Sutton- Sanders-Deasean
    TE: Butt / Huerman
    QB: Carr
    RB: Freeman Lindsey

Defense
    Dline: Wolfe- Oliver-Walker- Chubb or Von-Oliver-Walker-Chubb and use Wolfe and Gotsis as rotation
    LB: Von - Jewel- Davis may not be correct depending on how Von is placed and if we move Su’a up as a hybrid LB.
    Secondary: Peterson, Stew, Simmons, Harris with Su’a as a hybrid Safety as well
    Sounds like a reasonable plan, except for a couple of things. First, right now we have the 7th overall pick. I don't know if that's high enough to get Oliver. We might have to move up to get him. Second, most mocks I've seen have Greg Little in the 1st round. No chance he's available in the 3rd. Finally, I wonder if Shanny would be comfortable working under Elway, especially with the understanding that he has no say in personnel decisions.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    started a topic Fixing the Team for 2019

Fixing the Team for 2019

Before we can move to the offeseason we need to find out if some of our players can play difference positions. Mainly, Bolles playing RT and Veldheer playing LT. Veldheer was originally a LT so I’m not too worried on him but we need to see if he can play RT. Bolles is not meant to play against every teams best pass rusher. Push him to RT to see if he can handle that. If not, we are looking for a Tackle early next draft. We also need to see what we got with Chad Kelly. If he can get in and plays very well this might ruin my pick up below.

Trade Alert: I do think Denver pulls the trigger on Patrick Peterson. Cards have announced that they are opening for talks. I don’t think he will cost a 1st because of his age and cap hit. I do see us giving up a 2nd and a later pick or a player though. Denver hasn’t been shy is going after Corners via trade or FA in the past.

Offseason moves starting with Coaches:
    Two HC scenarios: (Mike Shan) OC ( Kubiak) DC (Rex Ryan)
    HC ( Jim Swartz) OC( Musgrave) DC ( Rex Ryan)

Both scenarios I have us switching to a 4-3. Better suits our players.

Offseason Cuts:
    DT: Saving $14 mill
    Keenum: Saving $10-11 mill
    Marshall: Saving $5 mill
    Booker: less than a mill.
    Possible Cuts: Stewart and Wolfe to save $10 mill total but we will keep them in this mock up

Cap including cuts and increase:
    Cuts save= $30 mill
    Cap 2019= $33 mill
    Cap increase= $10 mill
    Cap carry over= $4 mill
    Total= Around $77 mill in cap space

Free Agent
    Derek Carr: ( I know he isn’t a FA next year but I do believe Gruden moves on and selects his QB he wants. Plus the contract favors them to release him this offseason). Prob paying him around $20-25 per year on a 3 year deal. Carr’s best two years were with Musgrave helping him. Plus I can see Carr wanting to stick it to his old team and partner up with his old cordinator.

Resign Paradis: $8 mill per year

Max garcia: Possibly extension to a very low contract. Little guarantee just so we can see if we need him after the draft.

Huerman: Low contract as well

Draft:
    Assuming we have a top 5 pick again

1st: Ed Oliver- you want the next Sam Darnold while here he is. Arguably the best defender in football. A great Dline can make your secondary look better than they are. Make your LB make easier reads.
    Wolfe- Oliver-Walker- Chubb or Von-Oliver-Walker-Chubb and use Wolfe and Gotsis as rotation. If so, Wolfe needs to take a pay cut.

2nd: traded away for peterson

3rd: Greg Little, OT: size and power but needs a little work. Could be a steal but we may have to move up because I can see his draft status going up as we near draft.

4th: Michael Deiter, OG: plays as a C but most likely will be moved to OG or maybe a T. But I see him with his size as a OG.

5th: best LB available.

Offense
    OLine:Little( Maybe Bolles)- Leary- Paradis-Deiter- Bolles
    Wr: Sutton- Sanders-Deasean
    TE: Butt / Huerman
    QB: Carr
    RB: Freeman Lindsey

Defense
    Dline: Wolfe- Oliver-Walker- Chubb or Von-Oliver-Walker-Chubb and use Wolfe and Gotsis as rotation
    LB: Von - Jewel- Davis may not be correct depending on how Von is placed and if we move Su’a up as a hybrid LB.
    Secondary: Peterson, Stew, Simmons, Harris with Su’a as a hybrid Safety as well
Working...
X