Derek Carr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Carr

Could we ever trade with the Raiders for Derek Carr ?

Why trade for him when he will most likely be released at the end of the year the way things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      Why trade for him when he will most likely be released at the end of the year the way things are going.
      It's a very real possibility with all the wacky things Gruden is doing.

Denver would be a good spot for him to land if the next coaching staff retained Musgrave.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

I guess I wouldn't hate it, but I'm quickly growing tired of retread QBs

Comment

Why he sucks. He had one good year. I'll pass.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
            I guess I wouldn't hate it, but I'm quickly growing tired of retread QBs
            Yeah, that Manning guy sure didn't work out.

I would like to have Carr but the Raiders won't - even with Gruden - trade him to us.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Kelly can do, he might be that QB the Broncos need, just need to see him in regular games.

sigpic

Comment

I doubt it in the small chance that he were to succeed.. but personally I wouldn’t be against it. He’s a dink & dunk coward.

Comment

Carr sucks way overrated and over hyped he had 1 very good season and hasn’t done anything since then. I would pass on him.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                  Carr sucks way overrated and over hyped he had 1 very good season and hasn’t done anything since then. I would pass on him.
                  Take a look again. His 2015 and 2016 season stats are almost identical. His 2017 number were down but still good numbers. Especially when you compare them to what we have had his the past couple years. You have to look at the bigger picture and see why his numbers were down. That D in Oak has been a huge let down. Couldn’t get off the field and forced Oak to play behind a lot. Carr’s best numbers were with Musgrave.... where is he now? Denver.

Comment

I dunno about Carr... He seems to have regressed horribly.. Is he an upgrade over anything we have? yes...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      Take a look again. His 2015 and 2016 season stats are almost identical. His 2017 number were down but still good numbers. Especially when you compare them to what we have had his the past couple years. You have to look at the bigger picture and see why his numbers were down. That D in Oak has been a huge let down. Couldn’t get off the field and forced Oak to play behind a lot. Carr’s best numbers were with Musgrave.... where is he now? Denver.
                      Carr isn’t very good QB he has regressed greatly outside that one breakout year.
                      sigpic

Comment

If D. Carr were to be released,
                        I could see him signing with Denver to be reunited with his former OC Bill Musgrave,
                        now Denver's OC to rekindle his career.

Keenum could be released if uninjured and his cap could go towards Carr's cap.
                        Or keep Keenum, sign Carr (make cap room- Bye Bye D. Thomas)
                        then at the end of the year re-sign the best of the two with Kelly in the wings.

"But offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave's role in Carr's development has been undersold.
                        Musgrave was ousted from Minnesota despite having overseen a major leap in quarterback
                        bust Christian Ponder's productivity. After a year as Eagles quarterback coach, Musgrave
                        has brought more spread principles to the Raiders. Carr passes almost exclusively out of shotgun, and it's not rare at all to see Oakland have an empty backfield."

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...igent-coaching

Comment

Id take carr over any qb in this draft but thats not the case in 2020....may be a pun in there lol
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                            Id take carr over any qb in this draft but thats not the case in 2020....may be a pun in there lol

LoL I like puns no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              I dunno about Carr... He seems to have regressed horribly.. Is he an upgrade over anything we have? yes...
                              He is a better drop back passer but imo any drop back passer will struggle in this offense.

Carr will just cost more than the qb struggling now
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X