X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JW7
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Not that big on Fromm/Eason but yes to Haskins, Herbert or Tua.
    I don't get the Herbert appeal. Tough to trust a QB in the RPO offense. Also he is tall and I am shell-shocked by any tall QB.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Tua
    Fromm
    Eason
    hebert
    Haskins

All are projected to be 1st rounders
    Not that big on Fromm/Eason but yes to Haskins, Herbert or Tua.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    I dont like putting off qb either but i have questions about wether any qb drafted this year would be able to step in by the time we drafted the qb in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So you trade down this year for next year, but there are some major flaws in just assuming this will work. 1. What if both the Broncos and other first round pick aren't that high next year? 2. What if none of the QBs every wants enter the 2020 draft? Do you then put it off for the next year? 3. What if injury concerns or play concerns pop up with the QBs that do enter in 2020? Or what if after all of the years of watching the QB just don't end up looking like they'll be as good as once hoped?

I don't like the plan of putting it off for another year. At some point Denver has to resolve to find a QB. Whether that's trading for one currently in the league, or seeing if there's a solid middle round pick this year that you think you can groom, you have to do it.

This year's class might not be top end of the first round good, but if you can find a solid QB in the second or third round, I think you have to try and get that position fixed now.
    it has a few decent prospect that are worth looking into. but no surefire things. expecially if herbert doesn't declear. then Grier and Patterson would be my top QB, but i am not sure either has nfl arm strength and both will probably be there late first early second range, i bet. i am not really solid on any of the top QB from this draft.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i am really not sold on this QB class. i love 2020 class though. this is the year to trade down and grab a first rounder next year. then we will have the ammunition to trade up for Tua the next year because we have 2 first rounders to offer
    So you trade down this year for next year, but there are some major flaws in just assuming this will work. 1. What if both the Broncos and other first round pick aren't that high next year? 2. What if none of the QBs every wants enter the 2020 draft? Do you then put it off for the next year? 3. What if injury concerns or play concerns pop up with the QBs that do enter in 2020? Or what if after all of the years of watching the QB just don't end up looking like they'll be as good as once hoped?

I don't like the plan of putting it off for another year. At some point Denver has to resolve to find a QB. Whether that's trading for one currently in the league, or seeing if there's a solid middle round pick this year that you think you can groom, you have to do it.

This year's class might not be top end of the first round good, but if you can find a solid QB in the second or third round, I think you have to try and get that position fixed now.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Thats the way they are projecting right now. A lot can happen in a year and half.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Huge Ga fan..watch both of them close. Dont feel either is a top 10 qb...just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    What QBs tht are must have in 2020. Bama qb and Ga QB who else is a so called cant miss????
    Tua
    Fromm
    Eason
    hebert
    Haskins

All are projected to be 1st rounders

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    What QBs tht are must have in 2020. Bama qb and Ga QB who else is a so called cant miss????
    the other GA QB looks really good the JAcob Eason who transfer to wash and will probably start there next year. HAskins would be good to look into the year would be something i want for him. i feel he could work his way from the late first early second to a top 10 pick with 2 good college seasons.

it is also i am not sold on any one in 2019. i don't feel there is a QB who has a upside over good. i feel like Tua Fromm or Eason can all be elite

2021 could be really strong strong also with trevor lawerence and Justin Fields

the michigan QB battle next year is also something to watch Dylan Mccaffrey and Brandon Peters i believe have nfl talent at the QB position.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 10-24-2018, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    I'd outright trade our first rounder for 2020 picks. No trading down unless the return is extremely generous. We need serious firepower for 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua2585
    replied
    I totally agree. Start stocking up as many picks as possible in 2020 draft... have tons of capital and move up to grab Fromm, Stidham, Herbert?

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    So trading down would be a good move, especially with the loaded DL class, could snag a quality DL and a future 1st.

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    In theory I like it. But, what if some stud CB, DL, or OL falls into our lap?

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    This is what i would try to do too, and hopefully Elway ships off some players like the Giants are doing for more draft capital before the trade deadline.

It sounds like Herbert and Haskins may not come out and the top QB's would be Drew Lock, Clayton Thorson, Jared Stidham, Ryan Finley, etc, yuck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X