Kyler Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyler Murray

I like this kid. He will be something special. I'm saying it first!
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Too small. I think that he's best suited for WR
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

He’s already said he’s going to stick with baseball and is going to play with Oakland once he finishes school

Comment

Never heard of him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          Never heard of him.
          Starting qb for Oklahoma

Yeah oakland athletics already signed him to a 4+million dollar contract
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            Starting qb for Oklahoma

Yeah oakland athletics already signed him to a 4+million dollar contract
            How is he still starting at Oklahoma if he's signed a contract with the Athletics? That's a violation of the NCAA amateur rules. Bo Jackson was ineligible for his senior season of baseball at Auburn because the Bus allowed him to ride in a private plane (which was the reason he played baseball, re-entered the draft and then the Raiders lucked into getting him in the 7th round). You can't be a professional in one sport and keep eligibility in another in the NCAA world.

Comment

Beane and the A's officially agreed to terms with Murray's camp on Friday to a deal that includes a $4.66 million signing bonus, per MLB.com's Jim Callis -- slightly under slot value for the No. 9 selection, which is $4,761,500
              https://www.mlb.com/news/kyler-murra...cs/c-281361954

Guess because hes playing for them in the spring.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                https://www.mlb.com/news/kyler-murra...cs/c-281361954

Guess because hes playing for them in the spring.
                Yep, looks like I got it wrong. NCAA rules say a player can be professional in one sport and still play as long as it's not the sport he's on scholarship to play in college. And the A's were gracious enough (as you mentioned) to let him wait until the spring to start playing professional baseball.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles...qb-at-oklahoma

You learn something new everyday. When it comes to the NCAA, I think you could learn new rules (many ridiculous) every day for about 50 years without repeating.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Yep, looks like I got it wrong. NCAA rules say a player can be professional in one sport and still play as long as it's not the sport he's on scholarship to play in college. And the A's were gracious enough (as you mentioned) to let him wait until the spring to start playing professional baseball.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles...qb-at-oklahoma

You learn something new everyday. When it comes to the NCAA, I think you could learn new rules (many ridiculous) every day for about 50 years without repeating.
                  Yeah i thought the same thing when i started looking at him. Guess thats one way around the rules. Russell wilson did kind of a similar thing but decided to stick with football. He was paid and had to give money back to the rockies when he decided that.

It so hard to keep track of everything lol
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                  X