The Broncos are a complete mess right now. This is how I would like to see us move forward.

Our FA's I would re-sign

Matt Paradis, C - 4 years, $35 million, $20 million guaranteed - Probably the only good player on the OL, we need to keep him. A very intelligent and technically correct player

Shelby Harris, DE - 1 year, $750,000 - I like Harris, he plays hard and has great attitude. Useful in rotation and fairly inexpensive

Jeff Heuerman, TE - 3 years, $8 million, $5 million guaranteed - Nothing special but a solid all round player worth keeping on a manageable contract. Butt and Fumagalli are not reliable coming off injuries and unproven

Our FA's I would let walk

Jared Veldheer, OT - An ageing and expensive stop gap has no future on a rebuilding team

Domata Peko, NT - Is useful in rotation but will be 35 next season and I would cut ties with him

Tramaine Brock, CB - Not worth bringing back

Shaquil Barrett, OLB - With Miller and Chubb ahead of him Shaq will move to a team where he can start

Shane Ray, OLB - He needs a fresh start, some team will pay him and offer him a starting gig, 2 things we will not do

Bradley Roby, CB - The toughest decision because we are thin at corner and Roby is decent and only 28 next season, but I would not pay a 'decent but inconsistent' corner the big contract I think some team will, I believe that would be a mistake born out of desperation

Adam Pacman-Jones, CB - Will be 36 next season so I see no value in keeping him

Max Garcia, OG - Is terrible and lucky to still be on the roster, cannot wait to move on from him

The 3 players below I would cut or trade, if possible, to free up cap space

Darian Stewart, SS - $6.4 million cap hit for 2019

Brandon Marshall, ILB - $9 million cap hit for 2019

Demaryius Thomas, WR - $17.5 million cap hit for 2019

The coaching staff

HC - John DeFilippo - VJ was a strange hire at the time (his Miami D ranked 29th) and he just has to go. I want to move this team forward in an offensive direction and build an exciting team that can light up a scoreboard.... its a shame we couldn't get McVay or K Shanahan but DeFilippo is the hot name at the moment. He has been an NFL assistant and was the QB coach for the SB winning Eagles, helping Wentz develop and Foles play some fantastic football once Wentz went down. He is currently the OC in Minnesota.

Not only is he experienced, helped the Eagles win the SB, and is highly regarded around the league, but a big draw is his fantastic record working with QB's and since we will be going forward with a young (and hopefully franchise QB) this is a major and massively important plus

OC - Bill Musgrave - I like Musgrave, he shows creativity and I believe he and DeFilippo would be exciting working together. I do not believe some of our offensive struggles are his fault

DC - Mike Macdonald - I have no trust in Joe Woods from things I hear to what I see on the field. MacDonald is the Baltimore Ravens LB's coach. He has been a DB's coach there and a D assistant. The Ravens are high on him and gave him a promotion in the offseason

FA's - Its always a guess with who will actually hit the open market, I'm not going to guess what contracts they will be offered

Donovan Smith, LT - Our biggest problem every year recently (apart from the QB) is the OL. There are no big named OG's or OT's due to hit the market. I would move Bolles to RT and hope that helps him and spend big on Donovan Smith and put him at LT. Smith is the LT at TB, he is a consistent performer allowing just 10 sacks in 3 seasons and was ranked in the top 10 run blocking OT's last season. He has hardly missed a game in his career and is a proper LT. It is rumored he will hit the open market, we need to get him.

Kevin White, WR - An underperformer with the Bears I feel is worth taking a chance on and hoping the change of scenery kick-starts his career. Still only 26 he has the speed to take the top off any D. Our receiving crew is pretty much set but White shouldn't cost too much and has a high reward upside..... even if its just a few designed plays every game or trying him out as a returner.

Johnathan Hankins, NT - A very consistent performer who is still only 26.

Kenny Vaccaro, S - A good safety in the prime of his career, should be able to sign him on a reasonable contract.

Rashaan Melvin, CB - I have liked Melvin since his college days, a solid talent to add to the backfield.

Kayvon Webster, CB - I would love to get Webster back. Not flashy but plays physical and is a reliable performer.

The Draft

1 - Clayton Thorson, QB - Northwestern

I have liked Thorson for a while now, he is a leader and is known to be a hard worker who his team-mates love. Yes he is another Northwestern QB and that has scarred me a little but I believe he has all the tools to be a great QB in this league.

2 - Caleb Wilson, TE - UCLA

We have a few TE's but they are coming off injuries and are unproven. I feel Wilson is a step above them and will become a favorite target for Thorson. We have invested well in the WR and RB positions, now we have our QB and TE of the future as well and all the makings for an exciting offense.

3 - Chris Lindstrom, OG - Boston College

We need to invest in the OL and Lindstrom looks a talent. A big and strong lineman who is fantastic against the run. Needs to be a more consistent pass blocker but shows the skills to get it done. Moves well into the second level and is a hard worker with great attitude.

4 - D'Andre Walker, OLB - Georgia

A pass rusher to replace Ray and Shaq, has speed and makes plays

5 - Mark Fields, CB - Clemson

This is a physical corner with good size who shows no fear and can cover....... in the mold of Kayvon Webster

5 - Easton Stick, QB - North Dakota State

Double dipping on a QB is worth it IMO, just like the Skins did and Cousins worked out pretty well. If Thorson works out we could still have a good back-up and potential valuable trade chip

6 - Daylon Mack, NT - Texas A&M

A huge NT who can disrupt a backfield, will need to work on conditioning and be used on rotation / early downs

7 - Zach Sinor, P - Oklahoma State

We need a punter after the King debacle, Sinor looks promising

7 - Lamar Jackson, CB - Nebraska

Long armed rangy corner with potential to develop

Our 2019 Team in Position Groups

QB - I would play Keenum next season because I believe it will benefit a rookie QB to watch, study, and learn for a season before being thrown to the wolves. Thorson could come in if the season goes south. Stick is QB 3. I think Chad Kelly will end up getting released at some point, he clearly can't stay out of trouble and that makes me doubt he can ever be a true leader.

RB - Set here with Lindsay, Freeman, and Booker

WR - Sanders / Sutton / Hamilton are the top 3 with Patrick and White contributing

TE - I believe Caleb Wilson will be an impact player and true #1 TE. Heuerman is solid and we will see how Butt and Fumagalli come back from injury.

OL - Secure Paradis, invest in Smith at LT and have Lindstrom / Leary at OG. Bolles moves over to RT

DL - Plenty of depth here, hopefully Demarcus Walker starts showing some value. Gotsis, Wolfe, and Harris are a good group and with the addition of the big guys in the middle hopefully we improve against the run and can clog up lanes

LB - I would start Jewell with Davis, AJ Johnson and Garcia-Williams have potential here. Miller, Chubb, and 4th rounder Walker round out the group

CB - A big question mark but I feel Harris, Melvin, Webster, Fields, and Jackson would be a pretty good group

S - Simmons, Parks, and Vaccaro

K - McManus

P - Wadman and Sinor battle it out in TC

This is my idea to turn the Broncos into an exciting and modern offensive powerhouse