Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Like I said above...It's recognizing his height. I think his bad decision stem from not having a good view of the field of play. We need designed plays to get him outside of the pocket. If I as a fan can recognize this crap, I'm not sure why Musgrave struggles so badly with it...
    During the early broadcast of the game against KC, Jason Witten and the other announcers said they spoke to Musgrave and he said he recognized that they needed to get him out of the pocket and use more PAP and then turn around and do the opposite.

HOW FRUSTRATING AND INFURIATING!!!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Mathew Stafford is another guy I would inquire about, he'd be another guy worth every penny
      why would they trade a guy they just gave a huge contract to last season...135 mill with 92 guaranteed
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        During the early broadcast of the game against KC, Jason Witten and the other announcers said they spoke to Musgrave and he said he recognized that they needed to get him out of the pocket and use more PAP and then turn around and do the opposite.

That's aggravating, and is starting to help me realize why the Raiders let him walk
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          why would they trade a guy they just gave a huge contract to last season...135 mill with 92 guaranteed
          Why would Gruden trade mack away? You can turn a franchise around with 1 guy or a boat load of draft picks. Just a thought, obviously it won't happen

Comment

It could be a situation where they were too dumb to have realized it until recently, maybe they haven't fully installed the plays needed to do these things.

Hopefully they take a long look at it during the bye. We should be running a Plummer-esque offense with Keenum. Even that isn't going to make him good enough to be the long term solution, but it'll buy us more time until a viable replacement can be found.
            sigpic

Comment

Why would Gruden trade mack away? You can turn a franchise around with 1 guy or a boat load of draft picks. Just a thought, obviously it won't happen
              It could happen in Madden, but there is 0% chance of it in real life.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hey Freyaka , you did hear right on Sanders answering I dont know when asked about being a Bronco.

Comment

It’s one thing to trade a linebacker/defensive end. It’s another to trade a franchise quarterback.

You don’t trade the quarterback, you build around him.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It's like going into a gunfight with a 1911 and an AK47, and telling your opponent you're using the AK. When the shooting starts, you pull out the pistol. Bait and switch.

Comment

• I think many of you put way too much stock into Keenum's 2017 season. A season where he was bailed out on a weekly basis with lucky catches. Think about that, it is well documented how many iffy 50-50 balls Diggs and Theilen snagged out of defender's hands. PFF did a piece on it as well as him leading the league in passes bouncing off of defenders hands. Would-be interceptions, again: luck.

Every other year he has been in the league he has played as he has this year. Expecting any sort of change in the offense to bring change from him is foolish. He played in kubiak's offense for 8 games in 2013. 48 QBR. In 2015 the Rams had the 4th most PA passes, 39 QBR for Keenum. Compare to the next year, they were 26th in PA passes, Keenum's QBR mostly the same at 37.

The problem here is not coaching, it is not scheme, it is Keenum reverting back to the mean after his anomaly of a season last year.

Furthermore, every QB should perform better on a PA pass. The whole point of that is to get the defense to think run and help a WR get wide open. Diggs and Theilen did so, and even when they weren't they(alongside some luck) still bailed Keenum out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        I think many of you put way too much stock into Keenum's 2017 season. A season where he was bailed out on a weekly basis with lucky catches. Think about that, it is well documented how many iffy 50-50 balls Diggs and Theilen snagged out of defender's hands. PFF did a piece on it as well as him leading the league in passes bouncing off of defenders hands. Would-be interceptions, again: luck.

Every other year he has been in the league he has played as he has this year. Expecting any sort of change in the offense to bring change from him is foolish. He played in kubiak's offense for 8 games in 2013. 48 QBR. In 2015 the Rams had the 4th most PA passes, 39 QBR for Keenum. Compare to the next year, they were 26th in PA passes, Keenum's QBR mostly the same at 37.

The problem here is not coaching, it is not scheme, it is Keenum reverting back to the mean after his anomaly of a season last year.

Furthermore, every QB should perform better on a PA pass. The whole point of that is to get the defense to think run and help a WR get wide open. Diggs and Theilen did so, and even when they weren't they(alongside some luck) still bailed Keenum out.
                        I lean your way on this. If anyone sits back and thinks about Keenum's history, outside of one year, he has been a "journeyman" player. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, a journeyman player with one really good season. I also think 2017 was an anomaly. He trends out as a low to mid 80 passer rated QB, which is starter material, but at the lower end of the scale.

Hey, I hope I am wrong. He is a trooper, and a skilled player. But to think he could have another 98.3 rate seems not only questionable, but unfair to him. As you say, he had some talent around him, and I believe that team was a very nice fit for him.

So I believe his current numbers are fairly reflective of what he will likely do....passer rate = 83. Nothing shameful. Then again, in another thread I posted, this year there are currently 24 QBs with 90 or higher passer rates. It's the time for QBs to excel, thanks to the rules and the refs.

Again...he could trend upwards. He could be "the guy". In fact, for his own good, I wish he could have stayed in Viking-land, because I believe he would be having another solid year there. We'll never know.

But I do want him to succeed here.

Comment

because mack was on his last yr in the contract and if he refused to sign they could lose him for nothing
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I lean your way on this. If anyone sits back and thinks about Keenum's history, outside of one year, he has been a "journeyman" player. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, a journeyman player with one really good season. I also think 2017 was an anomaly. He trends out as a low to mid 80 passer rated QB, which is starter material, but at the lower end of the scale.

Hey, I hope I am wrong. He is a trooper, and a skilled player. But to think he could have another 98.3 rate seems not only questionable, but unfair to him. As you say, he had some talent around him, and I believe that team was a very nice fit for him.

So I believe his current numbers are fairly reflective of what he will likely do....passer rate = 83. Nothing shameful. Then again, in another thread I posted, this year there are currently 24 QBs with 90 or higher passer rates. It's the time for QBs to excel, thanks to the rules and the refs.

Again...he could trend upwards. He could be "the guy". In fact, for his own good, I wish he could have stayed in Viking-land, because I believe he would be having another solid year there. We'll never know.

But I do want him to succeed here.
                            I think case could be a middle teir qb if we played it right, maybe a bit higher

if our game plan was fit to his limited strengths, if we committed to the run and ran the ball creatively and not out of shotgun all the time
                            , used play action, used some qb movement we could win some games

but to be a contender we would need our defense to step up along with everyone else

have major doubts we can do this with VJ
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              It's like going into a gunfight with a 1911 and an AK47, and telling your opponent you're using the AK. When the shooting starts, you pull out the pistol. Bait and switch.

The 1911 always wins the day.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X