New HC/DC combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HC/DC combo!

I am predicting us to go 5-11 or 6-10 this year, which won’t be enough for Joseph to keep his job. I’m saying Elway cleans house and we once again have a top 5-7 pick.

With that being said, come up with some dream coaching scenarios. Here is what I would absolutely love;

Head Coach: John DeFillipo
    Current Vikings OC
    Great young offensive mind and excellent person to groom whoever our next young QB is. If Herbert comes out I say we move mountains to get him. If not we take the best LT available and move back up to get Lock or Jones. Let them sit and learn for a year behind Keenum.

Defensive Coordinator: Chuck Pagano
    That’s right, bring back old Chucky. This guy will never get another HC opportunity so we keep him as long as we want. He teaches an attacking style D and will get the most out of our pass rush.

If we get Flip and Chuck together and draft;

1. A real LT and move Bolles over to RT.
    1a. Get Daniel Jones at QB and groom him.

The future would be bright.

Prior to this year, John had only one other year of coordinator experience (at the pro level) and that was in Cleveland 2015 running the 30th ranked offense in points, 25th yards. Most of the rest of his experience is as a position coach (QBs) since 2000. This was basically VJ's resume. I'd be really surprised if the F.O. goes that way again.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

The future would not be bright for anyone that hires a guy with next to no coordinator experience as the next HC. Find a guy with some experience, either as a HC in the NFL, or as a guy with an actual track record as a coordinator.

Comment

Yet another VJ fire thread. Kinda old. How bout we wait to see what actually happens.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

switch Flip out for Dave Toub and you really got something.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            I am predicting us to go 5-11 or 6-10 this year, which won’t be enough for Joseph to keep his job. I’m saying Elway cleans house and we once again have a top 5-7 pick.

With that being said, come up with some dream coaching scenarios. Here is what I would absolutely love;

Head Coach: John DeFillipo
            Current Vikings OC
            Great young offensive mind and excellent person to groom whoever our next young QB is. If Herbert comes out I say we move mountains to get him. If not we take the best LT available and move back up to get Lock or Jones. Let them sit and learn for a year behind Keenum.

Defensive Coordinator: Chuck Pagano
            That’s right, bring back old Chucky. This guy will never get another HC opportunity so we keep him as long as we want. He teaches an attacking style D and will get the most out of our pass rush.

If we get Flip and Chuck together and draft;

1. A real LT and move Bolles over to RT.
            1a. Get Daniel Jones at QB and groom him.

The future would be bright.
            Big fan of Chuck. Not a fan of the Vikings offense.

Better than any idea I have tho. Not very familiar with up and coming coaches.

Personally I think we need a real good leader as HC and try to find the next OC who will be a head coach in 2-4 years. I think our goal on OC should be to try to find the next McVay or Shanahan Jr while avoiding the next Chip Kelly. IMO we really need a OC who will take advantage of our running game strengths but continue to build the passing game. Thought Musgrave was that guy like a lot of others but this year tells me he is not the kind of coach who can recognize the strengths and weakness of his players and how the operate as a team.

As far as DC...I would really like to find a guy with experience who has ability to be a HC (if not the ability to be a good one) but is happy being a DC. Maybe Chuck fits the bill here....with this talent it would be hard for him not get get another opportunity to be HC if that is what he wants.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I would be ok with Toub as well. However who would be calling the offensive plays? Please don’t say Musgrave, he’s complete garbage just like everyone else on this current staff.

Comment

Also, McVay and Lynn weren’t overly successful coordinators and didn’t have tons of experience, Flip will be a HC next year and is a bright offensive mind, something we’ve been lacking for years.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  I would be ok with Toub as well. However who would be calling the offensive plays? Please don’t say Musgrave, he’s complete garbage just like everyone else on this current staff.
                  Toub would be my choice for HC. I think he's by far the best candidate out there, who hasn't been a HC yet. For OC you could look at coaches likely to be fired this year, Adam Gave being one, although that's unlikely since he is angry with Elway for not promoting him in 2015. Jason Garrett might get fired, he was pretty good when he was just the Cowboys OC. Dirk Koetter will be fired in Tampa (probably) the Bucs are currently the number 1 O in the league in yards and 8 in points per game.

For guys who aren't currently HCs or OCs that might be available: Joe Lombardi longtime QB coach in New Orleans had a 3 year run in Detroit as OC, but was pretty unremarkable there. Or how about Ben McAdoo? Was a bad HC, but did a good job as an OC for the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Toub would be my choice for HC. I think he's by far the best candidate out there, who hasn't been a HC yet. For OC you could look at coaches likely to be fired this year, Adam Gave being one, although that's unlikely since he is angry with Elway for not promoting him in 2015. Jason Garrett might get fired, he was pretty good when he was just the Cowboys OC. Dirk Koetter will be fired in Tampa (probably) the Bucs are currently the number 1 O in the league in yards and 8 in points per game.

For guys who aren't currently HCs or OCs that might be available: Joe Lombardi longtime QB coach in New Orleans had a 3 year run in Detroit as OC, but was pretty unremarkable there. Or how about Ben McAdoo? Was a bad HC, but did a good job as an OC for the Giants.
                    I would throw Hue Jackson's name in that ring as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                      I would throw Hue Jackson's name in that ring as well.
                      Not a chance. He's an average OC who is desperate for as much power as he can get. Add to that he's run the Browns O the last 2 years as they went 1-31.

Mix that in with his bizarre press conference in Oakland talking about how he was going to get more power and use that power, days after Al Davis died. To his now weekly comments about how he may take back calling the offensive plays in Cleveland.

Stay away from him at all costs.

Comment

John DeFillipo will be a hot name this offseason as far as HC goes. I like the idea of getting a young offensive minded coach who can hand pick his QB, because we are about as far from being set long term at the position as a team can be.

A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                          John DeFillipo will be a hot name this offseason as far as HC goes. I like the idea of getting a young offensive minded coach who can hand pick his QB, because we are about as far from being set long term at the position as a team can be.

He's had two seasons as an OC, the first one in Cleveland was absolutely awful. This one isn't great. Considering the offensive firepower he has at his disposal it seems low for him to be coaching the 11th best O in yards and the 14th best in points per game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            Yet another VJ fire thread. Kinda old. How bout we wait to see what actually happens.
                            Actually its about what takes place after vj is fired. So its more productive than a just fire vj thread.

This is just harder to predict due to whats going on around the league
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              Not a chance. He's an average OC who is desperate for as much power as he can get. Add to that he's run the Browns O the last 2 years as they went 1-31.

Mix that in with his bizarre press conference in Oakland talking about how he was going to get more power and use that power, days after Al Davis died. To his now weekly comments about how he may take back calling the offensive plays in Cleveland.

Stay away from him at all costs.
                              Not saying I want him. Just saying he will likely be an option.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X