New HC/DC combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I don't know much about John DeFillipo, but I know that Vikings fans all year long have been annoyed with him, the offense, and Kirk Cousins. The Vikings had a game this season where they called 4 running plays in an entire game of football, and put up 6 points of offense with Cousins throwing the football 55 times, I can't look past that honestly, no thank you.
    Backing on from this comment I made, as the season moves along, Mike Zimmer has now called out the offensive play-calling due to a lack of balance and commitment to the run game.

Comment

Backing on from this comment I made, as the season moves along, Mike Zimmer has now called out the offensive play-calling due to a lack of balance and commitment to the run game.
      With the way Zimmer's defense is playing, I think he needs to worry about his side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        With the way Zimmer's defense is playing, I think he needs to worry about his side of the ball.
        The facts are, the public has been calling for DeFilippo to be fired all season long, DeFilippo called a game this season with 4 running plays in 60 minutes of football, and now the head coach has publicly taken aim at his offensive coordinator. I don't see the logic in bringing in a guy whose biggest weakness appears to be falling in love with the passing game, and forgetting to run the football, when the guy we want replaced in Denver is critisied for the exact same thing. John DeFilippo is just a guy, I don't see the appeal with him. Also, the Vikings defense is ranked 11th in scoring defense, 7th in total takeaways, and 5th in total yardage allowed, that is pretty respectable in my opinion.

Comment

As DeFilippo is going to be a hot name thrown around as a candidate here if Joseph is fired, I've been keeping track of the run/ pass ratio the Vikings employ offensively, again it was way too lopsided for me to even entertain Defilippo as a potential coaching candidate. The Vikings ran the ball 11 times compared to 44 passes for 10 points. It's not as bad as the 6 point game they produced when they ran the ball 4 times compared to 55 passes, but another horrible offensive game plan put together by DeFilippo.

Comment

Reading the Vikings blogs and the comments from fans and they hate Defilippo. They want him fired badly. Their complaints are very very similar to Broncos fans complaints about Musgrave.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              Reading the Vikings blogs and the comments from fans and they hate Defilippo. They want him fired badly. Their complaints are very very similar to Broncos fans complaints about Musgrave.
              Yeah, I have been watching their situation closely all season long because of the numerous arguments I had with people around here about Cousins during this past off-season. I would love some apologies fellas, joking of course, but I was mocked, laughed at, and joked about by almost everyone, but Cousins has proven to be the same inconsistent quarterback who cannot be relied upon to produce in the big games. Cousins once again has produced a pretty statistical year, but there isn't much substance to it and the Vikings fan base have been critical of him all year long. The evidence was out there though, you just had to be willing to do the research and watch it without being bias, I am not surprised I was right. The silver lining I guess is at least we can get out of the terrible contract we gave to our mediocre free agent quarterback without suffering as much financial damage as the Vikings.

Comment

John DeFilippo fired, not suprising, he has been horrible all season long. I wonder if his name will get thrown around still for head coaching positions ? I doubt it.

Comment

John DeFilippo fired, not suprising, he has been horrible all season long. I wonder if his name will get thrown around still for head coaching positions ? I doubt it.
                  I'm wondering if his name will even be thrown around for more OC jobs? He's done it twice, with poor results and a pink slip after (or during) his first season at each stop. It looks like QB coach might be his ceiling.

Comment

I still would like to see David Toub in Orange and Blue Next Year !

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                      I still would like to see David Toub in Orange and Blue Next Year !
                      With no Harbaugh's available, that would be my choice as well.

Comment

Toub is still my guy.

Though the more I read about Matt Campbell the more I like him if we decide to go the college coach route.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                          Toub is still my guy.

Though the more I read about Matt Campbell the more I like him if we decide to go the college coach route.
                          He just signed an extension with Iowa State. That probably has a pretty big buyout attached to it.

Comment

Toub toub toub
                            sigpic
                            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                              Toub is still my guy.

No leave my matt Campbell alone. Iowa state finally has a good coach he needs to become our snyder lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                He just signed an extension with Iowa State. That probably has a pretty big buyout attached to it.
                                That's definitely a fair point. However, If the Broncos really wanted him and thought he was "the guy" then I don't think it would matter, they would do whatever it takes to snag him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X