Jamis Winston trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Id take Brady too, I was just thinking about QBs that could give us anywhere from 4-8 years. Brady, imo, would just be a 2 year band aid again. I think its time for some stability up in here.

Being serious, I want Elway to get super aggressive in the draft and go get himself a QB and just a QB but the drafts best available. I'm tired of stabbing at the 3rd or 4th or 5th best......go get the best!! I don't care the cost, trade every pick we have
    Selling the farm seldom works out. It didn't work in the Ricky Williams deal or the Herschel Walker deal. Besides, you never really know who the best QB is going to be, unless you get a once in a lifetime prospect like Elway or Luck. Even then, a lot of people would have taken Marino. And frankly, Russell Wilson, who was in the same draft class as Luck, has been the better QB. I'm all for Elway taking a risk, but it has to be a calculated risk.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
      Selling the farm seldom works out. It didn't work in the Ricky Williams deal or the Herschel Walker deal. Besides, you never really know who the best QB is going to be, unless you get a once in a lifetime prospect like Elway or Luck. Even then, a lot of people would have taken Marino. And frankly, Russell Wilson, who was in the same draft class as Luck, has been the better QB. I'm all for Elway taking a risk, but it has to be a calculated risk.
      May I ask...what's your preferred course of action? Stay as is? Trade? Draft....and if so, as high as you can?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Id take Brady too, I was just thinking about QBs that could give us anywhere from 4-8 years. Brady, imo, would just be a 2 year band aid again. I think its time for some stability up in here.

Being serious, I want Elway to get super aggressive in the draft and go get himself a QB and just a QB but the drafts best available. I'm tired of stabbing at the 3rd or 4th or 5th best......go get the best!! I don't care the cost, trade every pick we have
        Brady hasn't looked nearly as sharp this year. Missing throws he used to make a lot. He's not having the sharp drop-off like Manning did, but he's definitely regressing. I think anywhere he would go would be like Johnny Unitas in a Chargers uniform or Joe Namath in Rams gear, a shell of his former self wearing an odd uniform for one awkward season before he retires. But I don't think he'll ever leave New England, he'll retire there after this season or the next.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          May I ask...what's your preferred course of action? Stay as is? Trade? Draft....and if so, as high as you can?
          I would first see if Derek Carr becomes available. He's young enough and talented enough to rebuild his career. Oakland will be in a good position to draft a QB if they want. We'll see what Gruden does. I suppose Flacco and Manning would be upgrades over Keenum, although neither one is really desirable.

As far as the draft, I don't know if I would give up more than Philly did to get Wentz, which was basically 2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, and some change.And they only moved up from #8 to #2. I don't think I could ever see trading away 3 first round picks unless the QB you got was a once-in-a-generation talent. Currently Denver has the #13 pick, while S.F. has the #1. Even if Lynch cut Elway a deal because they're friends, the cost would be very high. However, if Elway truly covets a QB in this draft I would support him moving up to get him. Unless we acquire Carr or some other quality veteran, I absolutely think Elway needs to draft a QB high in the 1st round either in 2019 or 2020. I also wouldn't hesitate drafting multiple QBs in a single draft the way Washington did with RG3 and Cousins. I know this. Keenum is not the answer. If he babysits a rookie next year that's fine, but I don't want him here any longer than that.

Comment

I would first see if Derek Carr becomes available. He's young enough and talented enough to rebuild his career. Oakland will be in a good position to draft a QB if they want. We'll see what Gruden does. I suppose Flacco and Manning would be upgrades over Keenum, although neither one is really desirable.

As far as the draft, I don't know if I would give up more than Philly did to get Wentz, which was basically 2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, and some change.And they only moved up from #8 to #2. I don't think I could ever see trading away 3 first round picks unless the QB you got was a once-in-a-generation talent. Currently Denver has the #13 pick, while S.F. has the #1. Even if Lynch cut Elway a deal because they're friends, the cost would be very high. However, if Elway truly covets a QB in this draft I would support him moving up to get him. Unless we acquire Carr or some other quality veteran, I absolutely think Elway needs to draft a QB high in the 1st round either in 2019 or 2020. I also wouldn't hesitate drafting multiple QBs in a single draft the way Washington did with RG3 and Cousins. I know this. Keenum is not the answer. If he babysits a rookie next year that's fine, but I don't want him here any longer than that.
            I would love Carr in Denver but there is no way Oakland trades in division and there is no way they just release him

Comment

The nice thing is Elway can count who doesn’t need a qb and work back from there... hoping no one else moves up,

Arizona
              3-11
              Oakland
              3-11
              NY Jets
              4-10
              San Francisco
              4-10
              Jacksonville
              4-10
              Atlanta
              5-9
              Detroit
              5-9
              NY Giants
              5-9
              Tampa Bay
              5-9
              Buffalo
              5-9
              Green Bay
              5-8-1
              Denver
              6-8

Really it’s the giants and Jacksonville that are the only teams drafting above us that have an immediate need to get one.,
              sigpic

Comment

Thx for that.

I hope we start the year with a guy not name Keenum. It just prolongs things.

Comment

Working...
                X