Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick mullens

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick mullens

    I liked what I saw from the kid what do you all think?

  • #2
    Not going to read too much into the stats. Played well against a team with no desire to actually go out and compete and I thought he got lucky on a couple of throws. The thing that impressed me the most was his poise though, which is something you can't teach.

    Good start.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

    Comment


    • #3
      It's just one game ... against the Raiders. Before last night nobody knew who the heck he was. He may never play in another game, if Beathard's wrist heals enough in the next nine days.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was waiting for someone to make a thread about this. Happy for the kid but no thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          I was waiting for someone to make a thread about this. Happy for the kid but no thanks.
          I like what I saw from the Kid plays with more accuracy than Case lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
            Not going to read too much into the stats. Played well against a team with no desire to actually go out and compete and I thought he got lucky on a couple of throws. The thing that impressed me the most was his poise though, which is something you can't teach.

            Good start.
            Indeed Very Great Poise and Very Great Accuracy.

            Comment


            • #7
              The thing that stuck out to me the most, and I watched the whole game.

              Was the play calling he got.

              All of it was easy throws designed to get the ball out quick. With a few posts and slants mixed In. Run heavy, play action bootlegs...


              Easy stuff to get a young qb in a rhythm.
              It worked perfectly. Kid looked sharp. 260yrds 3tds 0ints 150+ rating.

              Wouldn't crown the kid YET.
              But he definitely had a really good game, even if it was against a lousky raiders team.

              Fully expect him to start next week.

              Edit. His only bad throw was the one in the endzone. I'll give em a pass for it though
              Last edited by DEN4EVER; 11-02-2018, 02:33 PM.
              :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                I like what I saw from the Kid plays with more accuracy than Case lol.
                Let the kid play behind our line lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  Let the kid play behind our line lol

                  I bet you he would Thrive. It is all on the OC 2. Case gets his share of Blame 2.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am glad he had a good start, but Oakland is in a shambles. Need a larger sample size, and like to see how he performs under pressure.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He played against a trainwreck with one of the best QB coaches and offensive minds in the NFL. This is like Matt Cassel, Jacboy Brissett, Jimmy G all looking like franchise guys in New England.

                      The system can make anybody look better than they actually are.

                      CJ looked decent backing up Jimmy G as well.

                      I think this is less about this kid being good or promising, and more about Young Shanny being a mastermind.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hopefully we get to see a few more starts. Is the starting QB coming back next week

                        Did y'all see the RB break his arm
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Say what you want about the Raiders and him having a good coach, but the things that was noticed was his accuracy, quick release, how quick he was able to go through his progressions and he was able of feel the defensive pressure. These are qualities that have nothing to do with the opponent or the coach. Considering what it will cost to get a top QB in the draft either in 2019 or 2020 a player like this should be truly researched just in case we are not missing something. At least he has been in the NFL a couple of years already, so he isn't totally new to the NFL.

                          https://www.49ers.com/video/top-thro...lens-nfl-debut

                          Some college highlights
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75RGVWLJgU

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A5B4d4evw0
                          Last edited by haciendadad; 11-03-2018, 06:01 AM.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                            Say what you want about the Raiders and him having a good coach, but the things that was noticed was his accuracy, quick release, how quick he was able to go through his progressions and he was able of feel the defensive pressure. These are qualities that have nothing to do with the opponent or the coach. Considering what it will cost to get a top QB in the draft either in 2019 or 2020 a player like this should be truly researched just in case we are not missing something. At least he has been in the NFL a couple of years already, so he isn't totally new to the NFL.

                            https://www.49ers.com/video/top-thro...lens-nfl-debut

                            Some college highlights
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75RGVWLJgU

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A5B4d4evw0

                            I agree let’s just see.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's hard to tell if this kid is the real deal after only one game against an awful team. However, I am pulling for him and for Kyle Shanahan, who should have been our head coach and developed this kid on the practice squad. I really, really hope Mullens continues to play at a high level so he and Shanahan can put on a show against Vance Joseph's Broncos in week 14.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X