• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    Thanks! Huh first time reading it

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    I have not seen that anywhere. Can you provide a link?
    Nothing really shows up either when i google it
    Here you go.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    A lot seems predicated on Daniel Jones. I read somewhere he's likely to return to school in 2019.
    I have not seen that anywhere. Can you provide a link?
    Nothing really shows up either when i google it

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Not a bad mock, but it depends where Denver is picking at.

If Denver finishes 5-11/6-10, and is picking at 7 to 9 range, rough guess that is where 5-11/6-10 would be. I'd probably go non-QB with our top pick.

There's alot of good non-QB's projected around there as others have said: CB: DeAndre Baker, Greedy, DL: Ferrell, Lawrence, and Oliver, OT: Jonah and Little, LB: Devin White, maybe/probably not WR: AJ Brown.

Not in love with these QB prospects, especially if it looks like Haskins and Herbert will head back to school and would make 2020 a great QB class along with Tua, others. You'd then have a QB class of Drew Lock, Clayton Thorson, Ryan Finley, Will Grier, Shea Patterson, etc.

Denver would probably take one, i just dont know how high they would unless they signed/traded for one in the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    A lot seems predicated on Daniel Jones. I read somewhere he's likely to return to school in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Ok folks I've been dying to do this simply because I am already done watching this team play until our current coaching staff takes a hike. I think we are 2-3 years away from being a contender for the division so I will instill my plan for a rebuild.

1. I think we win maybe 2-3 more games on the year, which puts us at 5-11 or 6-10. For the sake of the mock I will put us at the #8 draft pick for 2019. Joseph and his entire staff gets canned, and I do mean everyone. New era means all new coaches.

2019 Offseason

Coaching hires:

Head Coach: Dave Toub (we interviewed him last year, should have hired him, this time we do)
    Offensive Coordinator: Joe Moorehead (we steal him away from Penn St, great offensive mind and wants to take that next leap)
    Defensive Coordinator: Chuck Pagano (his brother joins him as LBs coach, we stick to a 3-4 base but with some 4-3 looks)

Free Agents we let walk:
    J. Veldheer, D. Peko, T. Brock, S. Barrett, S. Ray, B. Turner, B. Roby, A. Jones, S. Thomas, J. Heuerman, D. Mount, M. Garcia

We flat out cut:
    B. Marshall, T. Davis, D. Stewart

RFAs we tender:
    S. Harris, K. Hogan, C. Kreiter, J. Taylor, E. Wilkinson, M. LaCosse, D. Thomas, T. Patrick, J. Moore

Free Agent Signings:
    G Jeff Allen
    LB K.J. Wright
    LB Anthony Barr
    CB Jason Verrett
    CB Kayvon Webster
    S Landon Collins
    NT Zach Kerr
    C Matt Paradis

We should have 50 mill in cap space heading into FA. Barr and Collins are huge signings and the rest are mid-level. We spend some coin on Pagano's defense and change the identity.

Draft:
    1. QB Daniel Jones (Duke)
    I will get flamed for taking this guy at 8. I can promise you once he works out for scouts he will skyrocket up draft boards and will be a first round pick. Herbert will come out, and Lock will go first round somewhere. However this is the guy I want. The Chiefs "reached" on Mahomes last year and this guy can be that type of player, or close. He gets to sit for a year behind Keenum, and will be ready to roll come 2020. Argue all you want, I guarantee this guy is a top 15 pick come April. If Elway falls in love with him, he will take him.

2. OT David Edwards (Wisc)
    One of the tackles will slide, i'm predicting its Edwards. IMO you cant go wrong with a Badger tackle. Edwards will take over the left side while we try and salvage Bolles on the right.

3. WR Parris Campbell
    (Oh St)
    You want speed, this guys got it. He can be a great weapon for our offense and has return ability as well. A great value here.

4. G/T Michael Deiter (Wisc)
    Another Badger linemen. I think Deiter fits better at guard but can potentially be a nice swing tackle or back-up Leary and McGovern at G.

4. OT Martez Ivey (Fla)
    More depth for our line, he's a big fella that can move bodies, Potential starter at RT if Bolles doesnt pan out.

5. RB Ty Johnson (Maryland)
    Add some more talent at RB, just seems like an Elway pick at this point.

5. LB Te-Von Coney (ND)
    He may drop here, if so what a steal and a perfect ST player right off the bat, which Toub will love.

6. P Braden Mann (Tex A&M)
    I know a Punter? Well weve struggled badly here and should have taken Dickson this last draft. We need a good one.

7. CB Jamal Peters (Miss St)
    A large CB with blazing speed. He will be a project but can play ST while he learns.

7. DT Daylon Mack (Tex A&M)
    Another potential NT. As of right now Kerr is that guy, he will need to be pushed.

I know some people will be ticked that I didnt address the d-line with such a strong class. Well I feel DeMarcus Walker can be a stud with good coaching, I also like Shelby Harris a lot. I expect him and Walker to share the RDE duties and Gotsis and Wolfe to share the LDE duties. I like Kerr as a NT in the 3-4. We need a future option at QB badly, and cannot wait any longer imo. We have good options on the d-line.

With Toub in place and the offseason moves. I predict a 9-7 season in 2019 and just missing the postseason. We will draft 18th in the 2020 draft.

2020 Offseason

Free Agents we let walk:
    C, Keenum, E. Sanders, D. Wolfe, A. Gotsis, D. Booker, J. Carter, C. McGovern

We re-sign/extend:
    Chris Harris
    Justin Simmons
    Andy Janovich
    Will Parks

Free Agent Signings:
    QB A. J. McCarron
    WR Nelson Agholor
    TE Jack Doyle
    G Marshall Yanda
    OLB Bud Dupree

We spend plenty resigning our own guys but drop some coin on additions as well. We get a viable back-up for Jones, a great #3 WR behind Sutton and Hamilton, a real threat at TE, a top 5 guard in the NFL, and a 3rd pass rusher behind Von and Chubb.

2020 Draft:
    1. NT Dexter Lawrence (Clem)
    We land an earth mover in round 1. Lawrence is a 350 lb beast who can take over games. He will clog up the middle and allow Walker and Harris to do what they do best, kill the QB.

2. ILB Mack Wilson (Ala)
    We need a QB for our defense. Wilson has rare cover skills for an ILB and would pair extremely well with Barr in our 3-4.

3. CB Julian Love (ND)
    Speed on the back end. Love has great footwork and is always around the ball. Good #4 CB early on.

4. C Connor McGovern (Penn St)
    Lol, we lose one and gain another. Moorehead wants his center and he is good insurance as back-up to Paradis.

Rds 5-7
    RB, TE, O-Line

Our 53 man roster heading into 2020.

QB: Daniel Jones, A.J. McCarron, Kevin Hogan
    RB: Philip Lindsay, Royce Freeman, Ty Johnson
    FB: Andy Janovich
    WR: Courtland Sutton, DeSean Hamilton, Nelson Agholor, Tim Patrick, Parris Campbell,
    TE: Jack Doyle, Jake Butt, M. LaCosse
    OT: David Edwards, Garrett Bolles, Martez Ivey, Elijah Wilkinson
    G: Ron Leary, Marshall Yanda, Jeff Allen, Michael Deiter, Sam Jones
    C: Matt Paradis, Connor McGovern

NT: Dexter Lawrence, Zack Kerr,
    DE: DeMarcus Walker, Shelby Harris, Daylon Mack
    OLB: Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Bud Dupree, Jeff Holland
    ILB: Anthony Barr, Mack Wilson, Josey Jewell, Te-Von Coney, A.J. Johnson
    CB: Chris Harris, Jason Verrett, Kayvon Webster, Julian Love, Jamal Peters, Isaac Yiadom
    S: Landon Collins, Justin Simmons, Will Parks, Sua Cravens

K: Brandon McManus
    P: Braden Mann

Tell me this roster has a weak spot. I tried my best to make this somewhat realistic but this is also me dreaming a little. With a roster like this, we will be competing for division crowns and potentially Super Bowls again! Flame away guys!
    Who is J. Moore?

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i have said i don't like this qb class. so it really depends on how high we get. if we are where i have seen 10-14. towards the end i would be fine looking at this guy. but i am not sold that any of these guys are beyond average starting QBs in this league. so if we get higher top ten i really think we may want to look into Greedy Williams, Deandre baker, Greg Little, Johans Willaims, or Devin White. i think there upside and what they can bring to the team right away will impact more then a Qb thats a bit of a project.
    I agree. I support the notion of getting a stud CB or OT.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I personally think the most important thing is QB. It's hard to guess how long it will take to return to contention without knowing when that QB is found

I happen to really like Jones. I will read through your post more thoroghly tomorrow.
    Elway: As long as he is tall.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i have said i don't like this qb class. so it really depends on how high we get. if we are where i have seen 10-14. towards the end i would be fine looking at this guy. but i am not sold that any of these guys are beyond average starting QBs in this league. so if we get higher top ten i really think we may want to look into Greedy Williams, Deandre baker, Greg Little, Johans Willaims, or Devin White. i think there upside and what they can bring to the team right away will impact more then a Qb thats a bit of a project.
    Yeah my preference in order for first
    G. Williams
    D white
    D jones
    Jwilliams
    Daniel jones

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    You shouldnt get flamed for the jones pick at all. Barring something happening, he quite possibly may go to the giants unfortunately. Id rather draft another qb than get aj. You have hogan who could get beat out by who you draft.

Lawrence, wilson and love are all projected to be coming out in 2019 but that can still change.

Thank you or posting this! On a quick glance, thats a great defense on paper! Thats quite a presence in barr, wilson, Lawrence, miller and chubb

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Thanks for Posting that scenario. Obviously a lot of thought and effort went into it!!

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    I personally think the most important thing is QB. It's hard to guess how long it will take to return to contention without knowing when that QB is found

I happen to really like Jones. I will read through your post more thoroghly tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• TheLumberjacks
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Ok folks I've been dying to do this simply because I am already done watching this team play until our current coaching staff takes a hike. I think we are 2-3 years away from being a contender for the division so I will instill my plan for a rebuild.

1. I think we win maybe 2-3 more games on the year, which puts us at 5-11 or 6-10. For the sake of the mock I will put us at the #8 draft pick for 2019. Joseph and his entire staff gets canned, and I do mean everyone. New era means all new coaches.

2019 Offseason

Coaching hires:

Head Coach: Dave Toub (we interviewed him last year, should have hired him, this time we do)
    Offensive Coordinator: Joe Moorehead (we steal him away from Penn St, great offensive mind and wants to take that next leap)
    Defensive Coordinator: Chuck Pagano (his brother joins him as LBs coach, we stick to a 3-4 base but with some 4-3 looks)

Free Agents we let walk:
    J. Veldheer, D. Peko, T. Brock, S. Barrett, S. Ray, B. Turner, B. Roby, A. Jones, S. Thomas, J. Heuerman, D. Mount, M. Garcia

We flat out cut:

RFAs we tender:
    S. Harris, K. Hogan, C. Kreiter, J. Taylor, E. Wilkinson, M. LaCosse, D. Thomas, T. Patrick, J. Moore

Free Agent Signings:
    G Jeff Allen
    LB K.J. Wright
    LB Anthony Barr
    CB Jason Verrett
    CB Kayvon Webster
    S Landon Collins
    NT Zach Kerr
    C Matt Paradis

We should have 50 mill in cap space heading into FA. Barr and Collins are huge signings and the rest are mid-level. We spend some coin on Pagano's defense and change the identity.

Draft:
    I will get flamed for taking this guy at 8. I can promise you once he works out for scouts he will skyrocket up draft boards and will be a first round pick. Herbert will come out, and Lock will go first round somewhere. However this is the guy I want. The Chiefs "reached" on Mahomes last year and this guy can be that type of player, or close. He gets to sit for a year behind Keenum, and will be ready to roll come 2020. Argue all you want, I guarantee this guy is a top 15 pick come April. If Elway falls in love with him, he will take him.

One of the tackles will slide, i'm predicting its Edwards. IMO you cant go wrong with a Badger tackle. Edwards will take over the left side while we try and salvage Bolles on the right.

3. WR Parris Campbell
    (Oh St)
    You want speed, this guys got it. He can be a great weapon for our offense and has return ability as well. A great value here.

Another Badger linemen. I think Deiter fits better at guard but can potentially be a nice swing tackle or back-up Leary and McGovern at G.

4. OT Martez Ivey (Fla)
    More depth for our line, he's a big fella that can move bodies, Potential starter at RT if Bolles doesnt pan out.

5. LB Te-Von Coney (ND)
    He may drop here, if so what a steal and a perfect ST player right off the bat, which Toub will love.

I know a Punter? Well weve struggled badly here and should have taken Dickson this last draft. We need a good one.

A large CB with blazing speed. He will be a project but can play ST while he learns.

Another potential NT. As of right now Kerr is that guy, he will need to be pushed.

I know some people will be ticked that I didnt address the d-line with such a strong class. Well I feel DeMarcus Walker can be a stud with good coaching, I also like Shelby Harris a lot. I expect him and Walker to share the RDE duties and Gotsis and Wolfe to share the LDE duties. I like Kerr as a NT in the 3-4. We need a future option at QB badly, and cannot wait any longer imo. We have good options on the d-line.

With Toub in place and the offseason moves. I predict a 9-7 season in 2019 and just missing the postseason. We will draft 18th in the 2020 draft.

2020 Offseason

Free Agents we let walk:

We re-sign/extend:
    Chris Harris
    Justin Simmons
    Andy Janovich
    Will Parks

Free Agent Signings:
    QB A. J. McCarron
    WR Nelson Agholor
    TE Jack Doyle
    G Marshall Yanda
    OLB Bud Dupree

We spend plenty resigning our own guys but drop some coin on additions as well. We get a viable back-up for Jones, a great #3 WR behind Sutton and Hamilton, a real threat at TE, a top 5 guard in the NFL, and a 3rd pass rusher behind Von and Chubb.

2020 Draft:
    We land an earth mover in round 1. Lawrence is a 350 lb beast who can take over games. He will clog up the middle and allow Walker and Harris to do what they do best, kill the QB.

2. ILB Mack Wilson (Ala)
    We need a QB for our defense. Wilson has rare cover skills for an ILB and would pair extremely well with Barr in our 3-4.

3. CB Julian Love (ND)
    Speed on the back end. Love has great footwork and is always around the ball. Good #4 CB early on.

Lol, we lose one and gain another. Moorehead wants his center and he is good insurance as back-up to Paradis.

Rds 5-7
    RB, TE, O-Line

WR: Courtland Sutton, DeSean Hamilton, Nelson Agholor, Tim Patrick, Parris Campbell,

CB: Chris Harris, Jason Verrett, Kayvon Webster, Julian Love, Jamal Peters, Isaac Yiadom

Tell me this roster has a weak spot. I tried my best to make this somewhat realistic but this is also me dreaming a little. With a roster like this, we will be competing for division crowns and potentially Super Bowls again! Flame away guys!

Well done! One thing is that Joe Moorhead left Penn State during the offseason for a head coaching gig.

Other than that, I like!

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    started a topic My 2 year Rebuild, brace yourselves!

My 2 year Rebuild, brace yourselves!

2019 Offseason

Coaching hires:

Free Agents we let walk:

We flat out cut:

RFAs we tender:

Free Agent Signings:
    G Jeff Allen
    LB K.J. Wright
    LB Anthony Barr
    CB Jason Verrett
    CB Kayvon Webster
    S Landon Collins
    NT Zach Kerr
    C Matt Paradis

Draft:

3. WR Parris Campbell
    (Oh St)

4. OT Martez Ivey (Fla)

5. LB Te-Von Coney (ND)

2020 Offseason

Free Agents we let walk:

We re-sign/extend:
    Chris Harris
    Justin Simmons
    Andy Janovich
    Will Parks

Free Agent Signings:
    QB A. J. McCarron
    WR Nelson Agholor
    TE Jack Doyle
    G Marshall Yanda
    OLB Bud Dupree

2020 Draft:

2. ILB Mack Wilson (Ala)

3. CB Julian Love (ND)

Rds 5-7
    RB, TE, O-Line

Working...
X