Ed Oliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Oliver

If we don't go qb does anybody else like this kid? Haven't seen much talk on the board about him but pairing him up with Chubb & Miller would be scary. Chubb fell to 5 when nobody thought it would happen so maybe Oliver will also fall he's been out past 4 games and little turmoil with the team.

Imo, generational talent kid is a stud. Probably should go #1 overall but Bosa gets all the love.
    Last edited by jwptexas; 11-25-2018, 09:37 AM.

Originally posted by jwptexas View Post
    If we don't go qb does anybody else like this kid? Haven't seen much talk on the board about him but pairing him up with Chubb & Miller would be scary. Chubb fell to 5 when nobody thought it would happen so maybe Oliver will also fall he's been out past 4 games and little turmoil with the team.

Imo, generational talent kid is a stud. Probably should go #1 overall but Bosa gets all the love.

Elway values the following positions most:
    1.) QB 2.) Edge 3.) LT 4.) CB

Denver just won, and its draft position continues to "improve" and assuming Denver selects 10-20 range.

1.) If Elway's QB is available in R1, then he'll draft him.
    If not, then;

2.) IMO, the only Edge player I see that could have an impact is Bosa and Denver already drafted Chubb to pair with Miller.
    (Chubb - Davis - Marshall - Miller) If not, and;

3.) If both Elway's QB and Edge Rusher is unavailable, then Elway may be inclined to draft LT Greg Little, Ole Miss or LT Jonah Williams, Alabama to solidify the OL.
    (Little - Leary - McGovern - Bolles - RT?) If not, then;

4.) The only CB I see Elway drafting is Greedy Williams, CB, but he'll be gone before Denver selects, thankfully there are UFA options. (IMO, Denver should sign several CBs this offseason)

Lastly, Denver could have an opportunity in FA to get their own dominant DT version of Ed Oliver in age 28-Sheldon Richardson 8M, age 26-Jordan Phillips 1M, and possibly age 25-Grady Jarrett 2M, all becoming UFA.

I doubt Denver selects Oliver given its need and I read somewhere that DT takes the longest to mature into the position; that could be wrong.
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 11-25-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Oliver will be a force in the NFL. I’d be ecstatic to get Bridgewater (or Carr if he’s released) and focus on creating an even more dangerous pass rush. Taking Oliver and pairing him with someone like Dexter Lawrence, Rashaan Gary, Simmons, or whoever drops out of the first would be scary for offenses. You could even get an edge rusher like Sweat, Polite, or Burns and slide Chubb inside on passing situations.

Comment

Originally posted by jwptexas View Post

his combine will be very interesting i hope he is in te 285-300 not like 275
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
        X