Malik Jackson or Calais Campbell in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Clowney is an above average player who's going to get paid like a superstar because that's what happens in free agency. But signing him doesn't address what the Broncos actually need, interior pass rush options.

As for Campbell and Jackson. Jackson is younger, but not having a good season this year. He'll get overpaid by someone based on what he's done previously, but there are warning signs.

Campbell will get a big contract from someone but based on age he's realistically getting paid for what he's done in his career and not what he will do during that contract. If he would come for a reasonable price he'd be the one I'd sign, but I think some team (San Fran or Indy) will give him a massive contract hoping he is a piece they desperately need to help their defenses.
    Butler, are there any interior pass rushers you'd want in free agency or the draft?

Comment

Both could have been here if they wanted to be. I like our linemen now. No need to add em.
      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Peko Harris and Kerr will combined take less money than either Jackson or Campbell will earn alone.
        2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
          Butler, are there any interior pass rushers you'd want in free agency or the draft?
          Not sure yet. I haven't looked too much into things at this point. But I do agree with the post directly above mine, Peko (on a 1 year), Harris (needs extension) and Kerr have all done the job this year, and for much cheaper than Jackson or Campbell.

But they do need an interior pass rush, I think if they go into 2019 assuming that Harris is their pass rushing 1 tech, and Walker will be their pass rushing 3 tech they need to add a player who can go from either spot. So someone in the 290 range, with a little bit of burst.

And as I've said a lot, I'd make the permanent switch to a 4-3 base, and start looking for LBs that can run and cover. One of the big things the Seahawks had during their run and the Broncos had from 2012-2015 is linebackers with speed, teams trying to get the edge had problems because the backers could flow so quickly. Get 3 of them back on the field, and look for speed from the 2 outside guys.

Comment

I think both will get too much that Elway will pay.

Regarding Clowney, Houston has 73 million in cap space, i think they most likely tag him then sign him.

Comment

Can we say neither.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...kson-offseason

Looks like the Jaguars are going to release Jackson!

Comment

Working...
                X