Tua is overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tua is overrated

Since watching him in the championship game last year. Most of his throws go to the left. If you go watch and of his game highlights you will see. NFL will pick up on that like they did with Vick and blitz him to his left side and force him to go right.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Int and where was he throwing the ball...to the left lol.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

He has been overrated all year.

Playing on a team with a huge talent advantage compared to their schedule, with all day to throw and receivers running free.

I'm no expert scout but I don't see what he does especially well besides not blowing a great opportunity.

Comment

I agree with the both of you. I think he's just a guy surrounded by a massive amount of talent at Alabama. When's the last time any Bama QB did anything in the NFL? They're good college QBs who aren't NFL talents. He's going to get massively overdrafted and then get a GM fired.

Comment

I have only watched college football tonight so know little about the prospects but how is Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State QB, rated ? Any chance he could end up as the Broncos round 1 pick or is he a likely top 10 selection ?

I know he is beating up on a team thats inferior to Ohio St. but I really like his poise and his arm, he just looks the part.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            I have only watched college football tonight so know little about the prospects but how is Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State QB, rated ? Any chance he could end up as the Broncos round 1 pick or is he a likely top 10 selection ?

I know he is beating up on a team thats inferior to Ohio St. but I really like his poise and his arm, he just looks the part.
            When the draft happens I think he ends up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He played a great game last week and has been really good this season, but I'm not sure teams will project him out as a great NFL QB prospect. Not to say he won't end up being one, but I don't think teams will be that high on him.

Comment

If he does come out, which the rumor is he will, he might be the first QB off the board at this rate. Idt OSU is getting in the playoff, which is a shame, because we could see him against Bama. It's looking like the scouts may have to settle for Georgia, which isn't a bad matchup either.

Comment

Hard to say right now but he's in the group of potential 1st rounders along with Herbert, Grier, Lock, Finley, Thorson, Jones, and more. A bunch of those guys are depending on a strong finish to the year and a good pre-draft process. They will end up as high as the early 1st or fall to the 3rd/4th. Lots of time and Quarterback stock often rises quick in the spring for a group of them.

Comment

I disagree. I see a guy with arm strength, accuracy and decent mobility. My worry is that he's a little undersized and might be prone to injury. Yes, he plays on a talented team. So do Haskins and Fromm. So did Baker Mayfield, who's easily the best rookie QB this year. Many were worried that the talent on Oklahoma was covering up a potential fraud. At the moment that doesn't seem to be the case.
                  Last edited by gerontion; 12-02-2018, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                    I disagree. I see a guy with arm strength, accuracy and decent mobility. My worry is that he's a little undersized and might be prone to injury. Yes, he plays on a talented team. So do Haskins and Fromm. So did Baker Mayfield, who's easily the best rookie QB this year. Many were worried that the talent on Oklahoma was covering up a potential fraud. At the moment that doesn't seem to be the case.
                    1st I would say saquon is the rookie of the year. Eli has been terrible...Odell has been ok...and their oline sucks....Hower I stand by what I said 85% plus of his throws are to the left. That wont cut it in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                      1st I would say saquon is the rookie of the year. Eli has been terrible...Odell has been ok...and their oline sucks....Hower I stand by what I said 85% plus of his throws are to the left. That wont cut it in the NFL.
                      I said Mayfield was the best rookie QB this year, not the best rookie overall. I've also seen Tua complete a bunch of passes down the middle and to the right. Your 85% stat is bogus.
                      Last edited by gerontion; 12-02-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I was pounding the table for Mayfield being the best QB in that draft almost a year prior.

Will Grier is the most Mayfield-esque QB coming out the next two years, Tua has close to nothing in common besides being on a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          Since watching him in the championship game last year. Most of his throws go to the left. If you go watch and of his game highlights you will see. NFL will pick up on that like they did with Vick and blitz him to his left side and force him to go right.
                          ahve you watched full games or just highlights?

i feel like alot of QBS have this weakness. hell russell wilson stll has a stil side that eh like to roll to throw. this is not an abnormal thing. or a thing that is not a fixable.

next the things he does is great. look at the lsu game for example. he was on target. made some pro-type throws. he got a bit of pressure in his face and he still looked good. i think he does some great things that i feel are being overlooked. such as he is quick an inteligent. he doesn't lock on to one WR and he is going threw his progressions. he seems to throw with anticipation. his arm strength and atheletic ability is just what you want if not more from a QB.

i feel he may have some negitives but his positives out weigh his negitive by far.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            I was pounding the table for Mayfield being the best QB in that draft almost a year prior.

Will Grier is the most Mayfield-esque QB coming out the next two years, Tua has close to nothing in common besides being on a good team.
                            In some ways Tua is superior to Baker. He's got a better arm and is more athletic. Accuracy is very similar. He's got good intangibles, too. I've read nothing but positive things about his work ethic or attitude.

Comment

I said Mayfield was the best rookie QB this year, not the best rookie overall. I've also seen Tua complete a bunch of passes down the middle and to the right. Your 85% stat is bogus.
                              85% may be a bit much but more that 65% go left. I never said he never throws right. I clearly stated from what "I've seen" he throw a great bit of his throw to the LEFT and is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X