Fixing our horrible LB situation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing our horrible LB situation!

Here’s to hoping both Brandon Marshall and Todd Davis are shown the door this offseason. ILB is something we cannot ignore any longer. We are getting exposed in a bad way. Here’s my solution;

Sean Lee
    I know he has trouble staying healthy but Sean Lee at 50% is better than Marshall at 100%. Instant upgrade and still in his prime, I would take a chance on him if the Cowboys cut him, or even offer up a mid round pick for him.

Danny Trevathan
    Should have never let him get away, we kept the wrong one. I read somewhere that he may be a cap casualty, if he is we should have his agent on speed dial. He is still in his prime, and can actually cover TEs.

Signing these 2 would fill a big hole heading into the draft. Jewell would then be the main back-up to both.

In the draft we focus on QB, O-Line, and CB.

Brandon Marshall should have been gone a year ago, he is an epic waste of money. The guy we have replaced him with slowly this season is a rookie 4th round pick who never looked like he was going to be more than a special teamer, and he has proved that. Josey Jewel is not a starting calibar talent and his spot on the defense needs to be upgraded no doubt. Todd Davis on the other hand, he is having a great year and his best year as a pro, he will be here next year. Todd Davis is the popular guy to hate around here, but he has improved leaps and bounds this season, and getting rid of him opens up another hole at a position where league wide talent is really limited.

Comment

Davis has a reasonable cap number, but Marshall is gone. Perfect world, we can get Harabough and bring Moseley with him. Have Todd and Jewell battle it out.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I'd love to get Devin White from LSU, but I don't think he'll be available when we pick.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          Here’s to hoping both Brandon Marshall and Todd Davis are shown the door this offseason. ILB is something we cannot ignore any longer. We are getting exposed in a bad way. Here’s my solution;

Sean Lee
          I know he has trouble staying healthy but Sean Lee at 50% is better than Marshall at 100%. Instant upgrade and still in his prime, I would take a chance on him if the Cowboys cut him, or even offer up a mid round pick for him.

Danny Trevathan
          Should have never let him get away, we kept the wrong one. I read somewhere that he may be a cap casualty, if he is we should have his agent on speed dial. He is still in his prime, and can actually cover TEs.

Signing these 2 would fill a big hole heading into the draft. Jewell would then be the main back-up to both.

i really like devin white and MAck Wilson. looks like mack wilson wont come out till next year but he is on my radar. Devin white is such a great athlete he should be able to play any LBer position needed he has everything you want in a LBer. and looks like he is gonna be dynamic.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            i really like devin white and MAck Wilson. looks like mack wilson wont come out till next year but he is on my radar. Devin white is such a great athlete he should be able to play any LBer position needed he has everything you want in a LBer. and looks like he is gonna be dynamic.
            Completely agree, but like Gerontion said, I don't think he'll be available when we pick. BEST case scenario for picks at this point (which would mean we lose the last 3 games) is like 12 or 13.
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Sean Lee

Danny Trevathan

You want to fix the LB situation by bringing in two injury prone LBs? What about all of the games where one or both aren't available? That's why they let Trevethan walk, because he has a long injury history and based on his injury history with the Bears they were right to let him leave. They needed to do more to replace him though.

They do need to upgrade the LB situation, but the very first thing they should do is change to a scheme that's fundamentally sound. Right now they play a 40under that either commits 5 to the run (in base situations) or forces a pass rusher into coverage. Go to a proper 4-3 or a proper 3-4 and you get more manageable distances for LBs to go in coverage, and you can get the offense guessing more.

Then (assuming they switch to a proper 4-3) you need two OLBs, because Davis is fine as a 2 down MLB who's main job is going forward and either playing his run fit in strong A, or blitzing.

Comment

We need to play a true 3-4.

Comment

if i am trying to fix our LBers i would some how get Devin White in the first and TJ Edwards in like the third.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    if i am trying to fix our LBers i would some how get Devin White in the first and TJ Edwards in like the third.
                    Problem is we need a QB very badly.

Comment

This week's Broncos Sound FX is Todd Davis showing how important he is to the defence. Pretty sure he is locked in. So I'm set up for disappointment. I'll be shocked if it's not Jewell and Davis. Don't like it. Don't Loathe it. Not sure why it's never invested in, and man I sure would love me a coverage backer in round one of a draft one of these years soon and understand that does nit happen. Hoping for Clay Matthews and Jewell personally.
                      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Suggs and Matthews with Jewell and Davis backing up and I'd lose my mind. Don't care if they're both a step less than they once we're. Miller Matthews Suggs Chubb would rival the old Saints set of LBS. Loved watching Jackson Johnson Swilling and Mills.
                        2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Problem is we need a QB very badly.
                          i'd argue we would need better coaching for any QB to Succeed here. i also think we would also need better pass blocking, but either way we will have a stop gap more then likely next season.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                          X