Our Roster is a few year off of being a true contender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i actually like simmons, i feel he is having to do to much to deal with our CB situation. but he has the atheletic ability to be a sideline to sideline deep safety. if we are missing a safety i feel it is more of a bigger TE coverage guy who can do things close to the line against the run or cover TE on the side.
    When I see Simmons on the field I simply do not see that speed you're talking about. He is ULTRA athletic and is a GOOD player but speed and quick is not how I'd describe his play. I'd also like to see his stats this season when he has been covering TE's because for most of this season and last we've had major issues covering them.

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’ve been toying with this idea in my head that we may already have that big CB and that rangy Safety. I believe that with a good DB coach Simmons could be a pretty good CB to cover bigger WRs. Roby definitely would improve our range at S but I question his discipline to not bite when QBs try to manipulate him.

Roby's agent would tell him to walk as he'd make more money going to a different team as a CB. Simmons as I've said seems to play well but always has a few plays a game where he struggles. IF he were a CB perhaps those misses wouldn't be as bad....so I'd be open to the change in position.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      When I see Simmons on the field I simply do not see that speed you're talking about. He is ULTRA athletic and is a GOOD player but speed and quick is not how I'd describe his play. I'd also like to see his stats this season when he has been covering TE's because for most of this season and last we've had major issues covering them.

Roby's agent would tell him to walk as he'd make more money going to a different team as a CB. Simmons as I've said seems to play well but always has a few plays a game where he struggles. IF he were a CB perhaps those misses wouldn't be as bad....so I'd be open to the change in position.
      i feel like it si not a physical speed atm. it is a mental speed. i believe he is above average to good athlete. but he is behind in the mental game. so he is still learning the position and the feel for the real thing he needs is to play more and probably get into a better schemed D for coverage and i bet he looks like an upper echelon safety .
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I dunno. I think we have alot of young talent at a lot of positions. No young talent at QB, though.

Adding the top 32 in passing TDs, the average QB has thrown for 22 TDs so far this year. 7 more than Case. If we had average QB production we're probably in the playoffs.

Comment

The right coaching staff and;
          1. A franchise QB
          2. A real ILB
          3. A #2 CB
          4. Some o-line help
          And we’re back in the saddle. We accomplish this is in one or 2 offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            1. A franchise QB
            2. A real ILB
            3. A #2 CB
            4. Some o-line help
            Actually, they need a #1 corner. They already have Chris Harris.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              1. A franchise QB
              2. A real ILB
              3. A #2 CB
              4. Some o-line help
              To build the o-line the way I'd want to would be a multiple offseasons thing
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The right combination of free agents and another solid draft will go a long way to being competitive. Although it’s not a strong QB class there are some very talented players to draft. Denver’s first pick should land between 7th and 16th (there might be one scenario picking 6th). At CB, Greedy Williams might go as early as #3. If he’s available for Denver it would be hard to pass on him. At OT, Greg Little or Jonah Williams could be available if we pick around 7-10. At S, Deionte Thompson could be available between 7-12. There are also some good prospects at OT in the 2nd round such as Calvin Throckmorton and David Edwards.

I’m not sold on using a good pick for a QB. It might be better to be patient building the roster and looking to 2020 to draft a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Actually, they need a #1 corner. They already have Chris Harris.
                  According to PFF, Chris Harris is a #3. That is to say they ranked him as the 3rd best CB in the NFL in 2018.

Comment

Why are we not looking at QB Minshew, Wash. State Univ.?

Comment

Originally posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
                      Why are we not looking at QB Minshew, Wash. State Univ.?
                      who says they aren't?
                      sigpic

Comment

I just haven't heard much conversation about him, is all.

Comment

Working...
                        X