CFP Semi-Finals Open Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFP Semi-Finals Open Thread

Here seems like a good place to make note of performances today, especially from players that will be in the draft this spring.

First thought: How much did Dexter Lawrence hurt his draft stock by being suspended for PEDs?

Reading up on the Lawrence situation, and I’m not sure how it’ll effect him. The supplement isn’t legal anywhere and is sold through the black market. I doubt Lawrence knows how to navigate those waters. However there are some dietary supplements that use it without listing it based off the article I read. With his weight being what it is I could see that being a reason why. There were two other players that popped for the same thing.

If it does hurt his stock I’d still be ok with taking him especially if he falls to us in the 2nd round. We need a NT for the future and he’s as talented as it gets physically.

Comment

ND's defense is playing well early. I'm a little shocked that ND has been able to get the yards they have, but they need touchdowns if they're going to win. Both teams need to hang onto the ball.

Comment

That Clemson freshman qb looks pretty impressive

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
          That Clemson freshman qb looks pretty impressive
          Yep. They were talking earlier about how he'll probably be the number 1 pick when he enters the draft. He certainly does look the part as a freshman.

Comment

I like Hunter Renfrow, he's that small slot receiver that seems to always be open. He'll be a later round pick, or a UDFA and then I think he'll have a productive NFL career in that slot role.

Comment

Isaiah simmons will be interesting to see how he continues to advance.

But yeah clemson is such a young team so they should be good for a few more years.

And another great throw by the qb and that's not even counting the early drop on that missed FG possession that went through the receivers hands
              Last edited by #87Birdman; 12-29-2018, 02:51 PM.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

This game seems to be over. Clemson and Bama are nearly the two best programs in college football right now. Might as well have them settle their best of 3 Championship games series.

Comment

This game looks like it will get away from Oklahoma quickly. But that second TD shouldn't have counted. He never had possession of the ball while his feet were down in bounds, and then although it never hit the ground he never truly controlled the ball.

Comment

Well this is going down hill fast lol

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Georgia is the second best team in the nation and we have to watch two inferior teams get destroyed tonight because the play in a weaker conference and played weaker opponents! They need to go to a 8 team format in order to make sure the best teams actually play. It's clear to me ND, and Oklahoma are not in the top 4 best teams! This is coming from a Buckeye fan! I don't care if it's four SEC teams as long as they are the best teams. I think most of us knew this is how it would turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        Georgia is the second best team in the nation and we have to watch two inferior teams get destroyed tonight because the play in a weaker conference and played weaker opponents! They need to go to a 8 team format in order to make sure the best teams actually play. It's clear to me ND, and Oklahoma are not in the top 4 best teams! This is coming from a Buckeye fan! I don't care if it's four SEC teams as long as they are the best teams. I think most of us knew this is how it would turn out.
                        The SEC as a whole is always way overrated. They start with a bunch of middle of the road teams ranked high, then they beat up on poor out of conference teams, and then when one beats the other it's treated as two great teams battling rather than looking at it as one slightly better middle of the road team beating on another.

Now don't get me wrong the top team, or two some years, in that conference is usually best int he country. But teams 4-8 are treated as elite because the top teams are so good, when in reality they're not.

As for Georgia, maybe they're second best but they had their chance and they threw it away. They don't deserve another chance at it. Maybe in an 8 team playoff, but in a 4 team playoff winning a conference has to be a mandatory thing. And ND should be forced to join a conference (they're already almost in the ACC) if they want to be a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Ehhhh they already have their chance during the season. The SEC produces a champion where they play each other no point in playing each other again. It should honestly be champions only with 4 spots but with 8 it should be all 5 champions and 3 at large spots.

This whole season has pretty much been Alabama and than the rest of the field. Georgia had a good start than got stomped and a renamed did be the second half over a full game. And should be a terrible game to watch also.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

It's also debatable that Georgia is the second best team, Clemson has been in the finals 3 of the last 4 years, and once again they're unbeaten. I hope Oklahoma can make this game tight, but Clemson v Bama part 3 will be another good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              The SEC as a whole is always way overrated. They start with a bunch of middle of the road teams ranked high, then they beat up on poor out of conference teams, and then when one beats the other it's treated as two great teams battling rather than looking at it as one slightly better middle of the road team beating on another.

Now don't get me wrong the top team, or two some years, in that conference is usually best int he country. But teams 4-8 are treated as elite because the top teams are so good, when in reality they're not.

As for Georgia, maybe they're second best but they had their chance and they threw it away. They don't deserve another chance at it. Maybe in an 8 team playoff, but in a 4 team playoff winning a conference has to be a mandatory thing. And ND should be forced to join a conference (they're already almost in the ACC) if they want to be a part of it.
                              It's all about the eye test, man. You know it as well as everyone else. Now, you can sit here, and explain to me why Georgia had their chance, and blew it. and if you are talking about 4 team format then I have to agree but the 4 team format is obviously flawed. They have to go to a 8 team format to make sure we don't have these blowouts every year.

It's the equivalent of saying the Broncos didn't deserve the 97 super bowl because they were a wild card team. No, the NFL just has the correct system in place where as the NCAA does not.

If the format was a 8 team format and Georgia was seeded on the opposite side of Alabama in the bracket no doubt in my mind it would've been Alabama vs Georgia in the National Championship game.

As far as the SEC being top heavy I totally agree but I was just making the point of wanting the best teams in. I can't stand the SEC, I just want the best teams in, and want to see competitive games.

Comment

Working...
                              X