Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Round Hopefulls: Devin White ILB LSU or ED Oliver DT Houston? QB? CB? OL???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st Round Hopefulls: Devin White ILB LSU or ED Oliver DT Houston? QB? CB? OL???

    Devin White ILB LSU

    This is my pick. Biggest “difference-maker” on the board (8-14 range). 248 tackles last 2 seasons. We have the pass rushers, there isn’t a QB to take here, so go with getting the QB for your defense. Enough of this nonsense getting by with meh midround ILBs.

    White and Chubb = Lewis and Suggs

    I understand there are CBs to think about here, and there are OL we should look at. DT a need too... CB, OL, DT might be bigger needs. QB is our first and biggest concern. I get all of that.

    I just want to establish an identity and I want to remember that fortifying your strengths is often as important as reconstructing weaknesses. The QB and DB options will be reaches here... OL/DL always important, but White is a cant-miss type.... high floor and a higher ceiling. I do it b/c I wants studs at all 3 levels on my defense.

    Ed Oliver and best OL would be my other two choices.

    From Walter Football;

    Devin White, ILB, LSU
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2020): 1.
    8/22/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

    "This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers [from the 2018 NFL Draft]. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted .... He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

    "Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2020I...1JWvekfeAoW.99
    Last edited by fraguela09; 12-29-2018, 10:27 PM.

  • #2
    “He might be the most athletic player in the entire class,” the scout said.”I’ve heard about his battles with Leonard Fournette, and they’re on a similar level athletically.”

    Indeed, White’s athleticism is part of what made him one of the most sought-after prospects in the country out of North Webster (La.) High School. At The Opening, White measured at 6-foot-1 and 255 pounds, then ripped off a 4.49 laser-timed 40-yard dash, had the fourth-best power ball throw and had a 38-inch vertical leap. That size/speed combination helped White to rush for 1,650 yards and 31 touchdowns as a senior, averaging almost eight yards per carry.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...118962544/Amp/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      “He might be the most athletic player in the entire class,” the scout said.”I’ve heard about his battles with Leonard Fournette, and they’re on a similar level athletically.”

      Indeed, White’s athleticism is part of what made him one of the most sought-after prospects in the country out of North Webster (La.) High School. At The Opening, White measured at 6-foot-1 and 255 pounds, then ripped off a 4.49 laser-timed 40-yard dash, had the fourth-best power ball throw and had a 38-inch vertical leap. That size/speed combination helped White to rush for 1,650 yards and 31 touchdowns as a senior, averaging almost eight yards per carry.

      https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...118962544/Amp/
      white seems like if you put what you want on a ILB or 4-3 LB. he has it

      Speed Check
      Str check
      Size Check
      Tackling tech Check
      Agility =check,
      coverage Skills=check
      Run Blocking=check.

      to me he looks like the ideal lber for modern nfl. with his size and speed. plus i feel he would give us a lber who cover running backs or TEs. plus he is elite in run support. and can run sideline to sideline.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

      Comment


      • #4
        I seen a tweet yesterday indicating there is one QB that Elway is eyeing in the 1st round. There is no way to know who that one guy is but seeing how Denver will end up in the top 10 drafting and John knows this I have to think he is leaning towards taking QB with his 1st.

        Maybe he knows he doesn't want to trade up to the top and maybe he has a certain grade on a certain QB that he thinks will be there when are drafting?? Personally I want a QB and just like last year there are a couple guys that are worth the pick. I am getting tired of the mentality that "lets just wait for a stronger QB draft" when the unknown of where we would be drafting in any of those future drafts lingers.

        Last year people didn't want to give up the draft capital when we were a top 5 pick...........this year people don't want to give up the draft capital when we will be a top 10 pick.......... what make any of you who think next year when will be in the teens or 20's think we will be able to get a top pick? Now is the time!! Every other position can be addressed in FA or later round picks a heck of a lot easier than it can be for a QB.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          I seen a tweet yesterday indicating there is one QB that Elway is eyeing in the 1st round. There is no way to know who that one guy is but seeing how Denver will end up in the top 10 drafting and John knows this I have to think he is leaning towards taking QB with his 1st.

          Maybe he knows he doesn't want to trade up to the top and maybe he has a certain grade on a certain QB that he thinks will be there when are drafting?? Personally I want a QB and just like last year there are a couple guys that are worth the pick. I am getting tired of the mentality that "lets just wait for a stronger QB draft" when the unknown of where we would be drafting in any of those future drafts lingers.

          Last year people didn't want to give up the draft capital when we were a top 5 pick...........this year people don't want to give up the draft capital when we will be a top 10 pick.......... what make any of you who think next year when will be in the teens or 20's think we will be able to get a top pick? Now is the time!! Every other position can be addressed in FA or later round picks a heck of a lot easier than it can be for a QB.
          I'm betting Elway's QB board for the 1st round is something like
          1a) Jones
          1b) Grier
          2) Lock
          3) Haskins

          I think the way he evaluates and favors QBs has drastically changed.


          Also, hasn't there been talk about White going back to school?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            I'm betting Elway's QB board for the 1st round is something like
            1a) Jones
            1b) Grier
            2) Lock
            3) Haskins

            I think the way he evaluates and favors QBs has drastically changed.


            Also, hasn't there been talk about White going back to school?
            If our qb chart has Jones at the top and we draft him top ten I may be seriously considering a new team. He has bust written on his forehead and I would touch before the 3rd or 4th round. Taking I feel his upside is a really good back up.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Devin White ILB LSU

              This is my pick. Biggest “difference-maker” on the board (8-14 range). 248 tackles last 2 seasons. We have the pass rushers, there isn’t a QB to take here, so go with getting the QB for your defense. Enough of this nonsense getting by with meh midround ILBs.

              White and Chubb = Lewis and Suggs

              I understand there are CBs to think about here, and there are OL we should look at. DT a need too... CB, OL, DT might be bigger needs. QB is our first and biggest concern. I get all of that.

              I just want to establish an identity and I want to remember that fortifying your strengths is often as important as reconstructing weaknesses. The QB and DB options will be reaches here... OL/DL always important, but White is a cant-miss type.... high floor and a higher ceiling. I do it b/c I wants studs at all 3 levels on my defense.

              Ed Oliver and best OL would be my other two choices.

              From Walter Football;

              Devin White, ILB, LSU
              Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
              Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
              Projected Round (2020): 1.
              8/22/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

              "This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers [from the 2018 NFL Draft]. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted .... He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

              "Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

              Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2020I...1JWvekfeAoW.99
              He is no doubt an intriguing prospect. I wouldn't mind him at all, although if there is still a top QB, CB, or OL available it will be a very tough decision.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                I'm betting Elway's QB board for the 1st round is something like
                1a) Jones
                1b) Grier
                2) Lock
                3) Haskins

                I think the way he evaluates and favors QBs has drastically changed.


                Also, hasn't there been talk about White going back to school?
                I seriously doubt it looks like that.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  I seriously doubt it looks like that.
                  It wouldn't be that surprising, considering Jones is getting the Peyton manning stamp of approval

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    It wouldn't be that surprising, considering Jones is getting the Peyton manning stamp of approval
                    Peyton manning stamp of approval means what?????
                    Bc he was a good future Hof qb.... Oh but wait we have a hof qb GM that can pick a qb worth crap. Again I seriously doubt it looks what that. Parmf
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We been needing an elite ILB for 8 years now
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ever since we took Brock over Lavonte David... I’ve been waiting for a quality ILB. The best QB in this class isn’t as good a prospect as Jax (the 5th QB last year). Taking a QB this time bc we didn’t last year makes no sense. Next year is a great class.

                        Now, if we want to trade back into the first or use our second to take a guy. Fine!

                        But top 12 is premium draft real estate... we cannot squander the pick on need/hope.

                        Even if there is a Ward or Nelson available, I still prefer the CJ Mosley type ILB.

                        But, since DT, OL, CB will also be in the BPA mix... I’m fine if we go Oliver or CB/OL. But, unless we trade down... No QB is worthy a top 15 pick this draft.

                        Just grab our ILB stud. Hope for Jones or Rypien in the second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          Peyton manning stamp of approval means what?????
                          Bc he was a good future Hof qb.... Oh but wait we have a hof qb GM that can pick a qb worth crap. Again I seriously doubt it looks what that. Parmf
                          Might not mean much to you, but obviously he and Elway are close so one would expect it means a lot in regard to the draft.

                          Just because you view the prospects a certain way doesn't mean that's how the FO views them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Manning is also close to Cutliffe (Duke HC). I think Jones, Lock, Rypian are the 3 QBs we will target in late first or early second. We may try to trade up for Haskins if he comes out.

                            After Brock and Paxton, I honestly do trust our brain trust to draft a QB... If Peyton offers insight... great. Also, Kubiak never seems to like first round QBs either.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I would be extremely excited if Josey Jewell and Devin White were our future MLB's. We would be set for our starting four LB's for a couple years.
                              New England Patriots GM

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X