Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Round Hopefulls: Devin White ILB LSU or ED Oliver DT Houston? QB? CB? OL???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    The lsu bama game was interesting to me as it seemed like mack outplayed his counterpart in white. I havent seen much else but that was my impression in that game.

If harris is gone too greedy sure would be nice. Im intrigued by dionte too.

While i liked butler wr isu before and still do, we may need a different style. Still though butler is tall, decent speed and uses his body well to get the ball

Dex lawrence in the 2nd is my hopeful draft steal
    in the bama game i'd argue that every spot about out proformed there counter part. maybe except for at CB. but lsu couldn't run and couldn't pass.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      Might not mean much to you, but obviously he and Elway are close so one would expect it means a lot in regard to the draft.

Just because you view the prospects a certain way doesn't mean that's how the FO views them.
      I like the ILB pick in White but if Jones or another QB comes onto the team with a Manning endorsement then we should consider him. Now what I'd like to see is Manning come onto our staff as a D.Ware-type guy.

Comment

It’s official... Devin White officially declares. I know another poster erroneously jumped the game and said he was staying... but the truth emerges nonetheless...

White, Oliver, Murphy, OL, QB on my wishlist...

(Rotoworld)

LSU junior LB Devin White declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

A massive gain for the NFL Draft is a big loss for the LSU defense. White is universally ranked as one of the top linebackers -- non edge-rusher edition -- and many have gone so far to call him the top defensive player in this class. He posted 115 tackles, three sacks, and five passes defended. The 6-foot-4, 240-pound linebacker is a lock for the first round, and assuming he tests well at the combine, it's very possible he's a top five-to-ten selection.

Comment

add Mack Wilson to the growing list of stud ILB's in this draft.....he just declared. This is turning out to be a very strong LB class and that is a good thing too, QB in the 1st and our stud ILB in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            add Mack Wilson to the growing list of stud ILB's in this draft.....he just declared. This is turning out to be a very strong LB class and that is a good thing too, QB in the 1st and our stud ILB in the 2nd.
            This is what I would lean towards. Get a Qb in Keenums last contact year so we dont need to resign him or get another mentor type to ride the bench behind the rookie.
            Draft a rookie now so we can sign a good backup next year without telling him it's his team. Then get an ILB and let Marshall or Davis walk (or trade them for a 6th or so)

Comment

I like Devin White and he reminds me of Al Wilson in terms of being able to diagnose plays. I rarely see White take a wrong step or a bad angle. However White needs a coach to really work on his technique. He’s getting by on superior ability and diagnosing plays so well. He seems to really struggle getting off blockers and he tackles high way to often IMO. At 6’4” (if that’s what he is) he will have to really focus on staying low.

I do think he can transform this defense though especially with Fangio calling the defense. White has good instincts on when to come in on his blitzes and with Chubb/Miller on the edges he can take advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I like Devin White and he reminds me of Al Wilson in terms of being able to diagnose plays. I rarely see White take a wrong step or a bad angle. However White needs a coach to really work on his technique. He’s getting by on superior ability and diagnosing plays so well. He seems to really struggle getting off blockers and he tackles high way to often IMO. At 6’4” (if that’s what he is) he will have to really focus on staying low.

I do think he can transform this defense though especially with Fangio calling the defense. White has good instincts on when to come in on his blitzes and with Chubb/Miller on the edges he can take advantage of that.
                Fangio specialty is ILB, so I’ve heard. This is one reason I suspect we go ilB early in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Fangio specialty is ILB, so I’ve heard. This is one reason I suspect we go ilB early in the draft.
                  All signs are pointing to QB.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    All signs are pointing to QB.
                    We heard that for months last year too.... then...

Comment

Then we got jumped by NYJ and CLE had no intentions of giving up Mayfield. I dont think Elway will make the same mistake and will trade up for this year's Mayfield if he has to.

Comment

They liked Mayfield and Darnold, got jumped for Darnold.

Didnt like Allen like the media suggested, and didnt like Rosen. Look at Elway's comments about Case today, it's obvious they're taking a QB.

But if we're aggressive in free agency and fill mutliple holes there, i can see Elway moving up for his guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          Then we got jumped by NYJ and CLE had no intentions of giving up Mayfield. I dont think Elway will make the same mistake and will trade up for this year's Mayfield if he has to.
                          I think Elway desperately wanted to move up for Mayfield... CLE wouldn’t budge. I just don’t see the QB John will move up for. The cost won’t be equal to the value. He might, if he loves a particular guy. Or, he may like a guy but not enough to lay the cost... in that case he’ll hope he’s there at 10... or, he doesn’t like anybody enough to draft at 10.

We will find out in a few months.

Personally, if we spent a 1st and third this year and a first next year to trade up for Lock or Jones... I will vomit and that move will doom DEN for 5 years.

Most likely, DEn takes QB at 10 unless their target is gone. In that case, Murphy or White or DL or OL is the pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X