Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why John Elway hasn't hit on a franchise quarterback......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your drafting a qb way out of position draftwise or if another team wants them then you shouldnt be a gm. Paxton happened because they didnt scout properly. Its also on elway becuase he pulled the trigger without scouting properly.

Its not just about a players abilities but wether that player can succeed in your system with said abilities. Find your players and work with the front office to bein position to draft your guys. If someone else wants them then figure out if its worth the extra price to get them or if theres a better alternative. I just dont think the broncos have been good at this before last year and they almost blew it then too. We have a mother to thank for saving that
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      If your drafting a qb way out of position draftwise or if another team wants them then you shouldnt be a gm. Paxton happened because they didnt scout properly. Its also on elway becuase he pulled the trigger without scouting properly.

Its not just about a players abilities but wether that player can succeed in your system with said abilities. Find your players and work with the front office to bein position to draft your guys. If someone else wants them then figure out if its worth the extra price to get them or if theres a better alternative. I just dont think the broncos have been good at this before last year and they almost blew it then too. We have a mother to thank for saving that
      Chiefs and Cowboys both were trying to get back into the 1st to get Paxton so let's not act like John was the only idiot that wanted him.

The reason he hasn't hit on a QB is because he hasn't been high enough in the land one of the drafts best. Yes, we were there last year but he had no shot at the 2 he wanted, Browns and Giants weren't moving. The top 5 teams drafting this year don't need a QB so if he really wants QB A or QB B he can do so.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Chiefs and Cowboys both were trying to get back into the 1st to get Paxton so let's not act like John was the only idiot that wanted him.

The reason he hasn't hit on a QB is because he hasn't been high enough in the land one of the drafts best. Yes, we were there last year but he had no shot at the 2 he wanted, Browns and Giants weren't moving. The top 5 teams drafting this year don't need a QB so if he really wants QB A or QB B he can do so.
        So he was one of three idiots ? I think people also forget that Gary Kubiak was the head coach at that time, and you would imagine that Elway put a lot of trust in his opinion when it came to that selection. I am not a John Elway apologist, or even a fan of his work here as of late, but Gary escapes all blame for the Paxton pick, while at the same time getting all the credit for this most recent draft class. Houston had a lot of good drafts with Kubiak in charge, but one position Kubiak has never drafted and developed is quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Never said that he was only one and i never called them idiots...said they had bad scouting and decision making based on that scouting. I never cared for paxton pick and i didnt care for the os pick either but that was more of when they picked him than who it was.

Its not as simple as draft position in my opinion. Like i said you have to know who will work in your system and how the coaches can and will get the most out of that player. Do they have the mental fortitude to understand the offense and translate that to the field? Do they have the work ethic and desire to lead your offense? They are multimillion dollar investments and these are some of the questions id want to know long before id find out what draft range they are in
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            Never said that he was only one and i never called them idiots...said they had bad scouting and decision making based on that scouting. I never cared for paxton pick and i didnt care for the os pick either but that was more of when they picked him than who it was.

Its not as simple as draft position in my opinion. Like i said you have to know who will work in your system and how the coaches can and will get the most out of that player. Do they have the mental fortitude to understand the offense and translate that to the field? Do they have the work ethic and desire to lead your offense? They are multimillion dollar investments and these are some of the questions id want to know long before id find out what draft range they are in
            I think it's a combination of where you are or where you can get to paired with who is available. It really is as simple as that. Every draft gives you 1 or 2 QBs that pretty well fit any system. I have to believe that Elway and Co. have at least 2 guys in this draft that they'll feel comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              So he was one of three idiots ? I think people also forget that Gary Kubiak was the head coach at that time, and you would imagine that Elway put a lot of trust in his opinion when it came to that selection. I am not a John Elway apologist, or even a fan of his work here as of late, but Gary escapes all blame for the Paxton pick, while at the same time getting all the credit for this most recent draft class. Houston had a lot of good drafts with Kubiak in charge, but one position Kubiak has never drafted and developed is quarterback.
              People make excuses for him. You dont have to be in the 10 ten to get in the top ten. Last I check k.c was not in the top 10 but made the trade to do it. Elway has had the same chance no excuse.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
              X