No announcement yet.

Malik Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver needs to cut Wolfe and Sanders to save the $18m. According to MHR we are sitting at $36m. Make the two cuts and sign Malik and Crowder as their replacements. Both of them together will cost around $10m. You could use the remaining on a star player. Malik, Crowder, and Callahan all for about the saving of the two. Plus, we still have the $36m to sign more impact players( Mosley, Amos or a Tackle)

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      Denver needs to cut Wolfe and Sanders to save the $18m. According to MHR we are sitting at $36m. Make the two cuts and sign Malik and Crowder as their replacements. Both of them together will cost around $10m. You could use the remaining on a star player. Malik, Crowder, and Callahan all for about the saving of the two. Plus, we still have the $36m to sign more impact players( Mosley, Amos or a Tackle)
      They’ve already picked up Wolfe’s option I’m not so sure about Sanders but As it stands right now they should have pretty close to 90 million in Space for the 2020 season so it’s not like they can’t find somebody cheaper this year and back load the contract next year however I know that’s treading dangerous grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        They’ve already picked up Wolfe’s option I’m not so sure about Sanders but As it stands right now they should have pretty close to 90 million in Space for the 2020 season so it’s not like they can’t find somebody cheaper this year and back load the contract next year however I know that’s treading dangerous grounds.
        The option was for $1m. He is due $2.6 regardless in guarantees. So it doesn’t mean much that we picked up his option

Comment

Jackson isn't as good against the run as Wolfe and his contract would probably be for at least the same amount as Wolfe. I think it's unrealistic to think he'd sign for $5 million.

And you have to remember there are 31 other teams looking to upgrade in various positions, lots with more money then the Broncos. So there's no way they're getting all of those players, maybe 1 if they're lucky 2, but no way they would be able to get all 5. So you release Wolfe and Sanders and all of a sudden you don't get those players, now you've got more holes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Jackson isn't as good against the run as Wolfe and his contract would probably be for at least the same amount as Wolfe. I think it's unrealistic to think he'd sign for $5 million.

And you have to remember there are 31 other teams looking to upgrade in various positions, lots with more money then the Broncos. So there's no way they're getting all of those players, maybe 1 if they're lucky 2, but no way they would be able to get all 5. So you release Wolfe and Sanders and all of a sudden you don't get those players, now you've got more holes to fill.
            I just threw those names out there. There are others you can fill in for blank that would be a good option without breaking the bank still. I think you’ll be surprise when you see how much Malik will get in open market. There’s zero change at almost 30 he is getting a deal for $11m like Wolfe. I would bet anything that if we released Wolfe he doesn’t get near the $11m he is getting now. That’s why he needs to take a pay cut or we should release him. I don’t want to pay a guy $11m just because he is good at stopping the run. Even though he got destroyed last year in the run game.

Comment

Wolfe is going to be here for the remainder of his contract as others have pointed out. Im hoping for an increase in productivity across the board as last coaching staff wasnt very good at using players strengths and putting them in a position to succeed. It was pretty well known that wolfe was only really expected to take on as many blockers as he could. Hopefully this staff doesn't follow in those same footsteps
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

All said and done, in 7 years Jackson made 48 million to Wolfe's 40 plus upcoming 9. So I say sure, bring Jackson back for a 1 yr min, so it works out money wise, to be equal to Wolfe. If Jackson leaves and comes back having earned more than if he would have stayed, that's lame.

And stat wise they are very comparable, so in the end, I ask Wolfe what he says, because he needs to be respected for the deal he gave us. With Gotsis here, I really dont see a need for Jackson.
                2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                  All said and done, in 7 years Jackson made 48 million to Wolfe's 40 plus upcoming 9. So I say sure, bring Jackson back for a 1 yr min, so it works out money wise, to be equal to Wolfe. If Jackson leaves and comes back having earned more than if he would have stayed, that's lame.

And stat wise they are very comparable, so in the end, I ask Wolfe what he says, because he needs to be respected for the deal he gave us. With Gotsis here, I really dont see a need for Jackson.
                  Gotsis is nothing special. Malik knows how to generate pressure which is what we need more. More sacks in less games and snaps. Plus he will be cheaper. With an upgrade at LB we won’t lose much in the run gm. How did Wolfe even do this year in the run game? We weren’t that good. I know in the past he was real good.

Comment

Signing for the Eagles 3 year 30 million deal
                    Last edited by 15thebeast; 03-11-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Well, we can close this thread down now....would have be nice fit here...no way we were going to pay 10 a year for him
                      GOD BUILT FOOTBALL AROUND DENVER

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                        Signing for the Eagles 3 year 30 million deal
                        Bennett left
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post

Well neither was a good as Harris, I know that much. Hopefully he sticks around.
                          2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

I just threw those names out there. There are others you can fill in for blank that would be a good option without breaking the bank still. I think you’ll be surprise when you see how much Malik will get in open market. There’s zero change at almost 30 he is getting a deal for $11m like Wolfe. I would bet anything that if we released Wolfe he doesn’t get near the $11m he is getting now. That’s why he needs to take a pay cut or we should release him. I don’t want to pay a guy $11m just because he is good at stopping the run. Even though he got destroyed last year in the run game.
                            11m vs 10m there is not a huge difference there.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

And then you replace him with who? With the transition to a 2 gap base defense it makes sense to keep players that excel in 2 gap situations (which Wolfe has) because they're not easy to find. And Wolfe isn't being paid $11 million, that's his cap number, he's being paid $8.55 million, which is reasonable and in this market he would get at least that if he were a free agent today.

You've got a guy who's had weight problems in the past, and who was given up on for a third round pick a year ago (SF also gave up a 5th with him) become the highest paid lineman in the league because he had a decent year protecting a QB with an extremely quick release. If that doesn't tell you the market is crazy nothing will.

Comment

Working...
                              X