Bryce Callahan
    Adrian Amos

That would be an outstanding FA class.
    /subscribe

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In 4 seasons he's accounted for 151 total tackles and 14 sacks. And he's never really been much of a starter in the league. I think Denver fans are higher on him than anyone else because we've seen him for 4 years. But he's probably more of a diamond in the rough guy than a top free agent available.
    And he grades well in all areas. As long as Shaq was the backup I was never worried about Ray or Miller going down. I really do hope we find a way to keep him around.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Give me;
    Juwaun James
    Ramon Foster
    K.J. Wright
    Navarro Bowman
    Bryce Callahan
    Adrian Amos

That would be an outstanding FA class.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    Shaq Barrett didn't even make honorable mention. Would have thought he'd have more value than Roby. Maybe he will not hear good offers and stay on the cheap.

In 4 seasons he's accounted for 151 total tackles and 14 sacks. And he's never really been much of a starter in the league. I think Denver fans are higher on him than anyone else because we've seen him for 4 years. But he's probably more of a diamond in the rough guy than a top free agent available.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    There's certainly some intriguing FA's out there, once DEN makes some cap moves, there's no reason why they cant land 3 key players.

Lot of money comes off the books after next year, so they can backload a couple contracts if need be.

Safety is a big posiiton of need, good group with Joyner, Thomas, Amos, Collins, Mathieu, Dix. But that also depends what the coaching staff thinks of the current safeties, in Cravens, Parks, Simmons and Thomas, i'm assuming Stewart is a cap casualty.

I hope Elway looks for a linebacker in free agency, not sure we have anyone on the current roster who can play in Fangio's system right now. Jordan Hicks, Barr, Kwon Alexander, Mosely (although i suspect Bal locks him up), KJ Wright, Buccanon.

Denver is at 44 mil under now, with some cap saving moves, there's no reason why they cant sign a S/CB/LB, three biggest needs on defense, then maybe a depth piece on the DL and draft one as well.

OL wise, Denver has been linked to Juwaun James in the past, just 26 years old, would fit great at RT. Ramon Foster played for Munchak last 5 years, and shouldnt break the bank at G if Denver lets Paradis walk. There should be no excuse why Elway doesnt add some key players, money isnt the issue especially with lots of money coming off the books.
    True Denver does have money finally, but there are still lots of teams with lots of money who will throw stupid money at free agents to try and win the offseason. Signing 3 of the top free agents may not end up being economically viable, and really you need to be careful on who you spend it on. Too many teams end up paying free agents big money for what they did for their last team, not what they will ever get from them.

Also back loading will be tough because players and agents want upfront money because the contracts aren't guaranteed. The more you try and backload it the more you're going to have to guarantee.

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Shaq Barrett didn't even make honorable mention. Would have thought he'd have more value than Roby. Maybe he will not hear good offers and stay on the cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey, if Baltimore signs Mosley, good on them! Wise choice. Love to have an ILB of that level here.
    It would a good thing... And can't blame Baltimore for working a deal with him.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Hey, if Baltimore signs Mosley, good on them! Wise choice. Love to have an ILB of that level here.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Mosley would be a great addition. But him and Baltimore will probably come to an agreement. A couple good cornerbacks would be a good idea me thunks....

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    There's certainly some intriguing FA's out there, once DEN makes some cap moves, there's no reason why they cant land 3 key players.

Lot of money comes off the books after next year, so they can backload a couple contracts if need be.

Safety is a big posiiton of need, good group with Joyner, Thomas, Amos, Collins, Mathieu, Dix. But that also depends what the coaching staff thinks of the current safeties, in Cravens, Parks, Simmons and Thomas, i'm assuming Stewart is a cap casualty.

I hope Elway looks for a linebacker in free agency, not sure we have anyone on the current roster who can play in Fangio's system right now. Jordan Hicks, Barr, Kwon Alexander, Mosely (although i suspect Bal locks him up), KJ Wright, Buccanon.

Denver is at 44 mil under now, with some cap saving moves, there's no reason why they cant sign a S/CB/LB, three biggest needs on defense, then maybe a depth piece on the DL and draft one as well.

OL wise, Denver has been linked to Juwaun James in the past, just 26 years old, would fit great at RT. Ramon Foster played for Munchak last 5 years, and shouldnt break the bank at G if Denver lets Paradis walk. There should be no excuse why Elway doesnt add some key players, money isnt the issue especially with lots of money coming off the books.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I tend to agree that we should look for D in FA, and be more O minded in the draft....however a bit of both would be fine too. All depends on the overall plan. But on D, if I had my way, I'd go get Mosley to seal up the middle, and also consider a DBack, possibly a Dliner. I think we should definitely look at QB in the draft, as well as an Oliner.

Some may not agree, but if we could even consider landing AB, I'm open for discussion. Imagine a team with a bright new, shiny QB, a really nice group of O weapons (though we really should find a productive TE), an upgrade on the Oline, a stud ILB and a couple of other alterations on D....and LOOK OUT!!!!!
    It looks like Mosley will be locked up by the Ravens. Reports are saying that they are working on an extension and both sides want to get it done, I think he is off the table. I do 100% disagree on Brown though. Not only is he a diva who can't handle the attention that Juju received this pastseason, the compensation would be too much for me. Adding players with large contracts, while giving up high draft picks at the same time rarely ends in a happy marriage. Plus, after hearing what his former teammate Ryan Clark had to say about him, I do not want him here, especially with a young quarterback he would pressure into feeding him the ball, no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I would be looking to spend some money at safety, cornerback, and linebacker, and focusing the early rounds of the draft on offense. I like LaMarcus Joyner at safety, Bryce Callaghan at cornerback, and Jordan Hicks at inside linebacker. All 3 guys give you versatility in coverage, are all under 28 years old, and money wise, I don't see any recent history to suggest that signing a safety or slot cornerback would be a huge cap blowout.
    I tend to agree that we should look for D in FA, and be more O minded in the draft....however a bit of both would be fine too. All depends on the overall plan. But on D, if I had my way, I'd go get Mosley to seal up the middle, and also consider a DBack, possibly a Dliner. I think we should definitely look at QB in the draft, as well as an Oliner.

Some may not agree, but if we could even consider landing AB, I'm open for discussion. Imagine a team with a bright new, shiny QB, a really nice group of O weapons (though we really should find a productive TE), an upgrade on the Oline, a stud ILB and a couple of other alterations on D....and LOOK OUT!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    What offensive players are you wanting to target in the early rounds? Even with the 3 signings you mentioned, id still want to draft a cb, ilb, olb, dt. Some of that depends on what happens and who we keep. Qb and o line are high on my list as well. My draft wants still havent changed that much but im not too familiar with how fangio/scangrello run things and who would fit.

Id still love this draft:
    1)greedy williams cb
    2)dexter lawrence dt (i doubt hes still there)
    3)rypien qb
    4)hakeem butler wr

Oline
    Lb

Plus FA
    I am a big fan of Cody Ford, he looks like a late first round tackle who could start from day 1, and be an upgrade immediately. I like T.J Hockenson, he is a tight end who can do it all, and I see him being one of the safest prospects in the draft, all around solid. Michael Dieter is a guard from Wisconsin who is very well rounded and rock solid in everything he does, I believe he could start day 1 also.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I would be looking to spend some money at safety, cornerback, and linebacker, and focusing the early rounds of the draft on offense. I like LaMarcus Joyner at safety, Bryce Callaghan at cornerback, and Jordan Hicks at inside linebacker. All 3 guys give you versatility in coverage, are all under 28 years old, and money wise, I don't see any recent history to suggest that signing a safety or slot cornerback would be a huge cap blowout.
    What offensive players are you wanting to target in the early rounds? Even with the 3 signings you mentioned, id still want to draft a cb, ilb, olb, dt. Some of that depends on what happens and who we keep. Qb and o line are high on my list as well. My draft wants still havent changed that much but im not too familiar with how fangio/scangrello run things and who would fit.

Id still love this draft:
    1)greedy williams cb
    2)dexter lawrence dt (i doubt hes still there)
    3)rypien qb
    4)hakeem butler wr

Oline
    Lb

Plus FA

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X