Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To draft a QB this year, or next?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To draft a QB this year, or next?

    Hearing a lot of bad things about this year's QBs. Do you guys think waiting a year is viable? Of course, this is speculating we're going to be drafting a QB.

  • #2
    Both years.

    Comment


    • #3
      It’ll depend on who is around when we want to draft.

      I never put a lick of stock in what the “experts” say.

      There have been plenty of incorrect projections on qbs. Both saying some would be hits and others would be misses. And the experts were wrong.

      Jamies Winston and Marietta were supposed to be sure fire things and both are pretty much busts.

      I don’t believe you pass just because media says there isn’t a quality pick. You scout and take a guy if you think he is the best value.

      Last year was supposed to be a star studded draft for qbs and so far Baker looks like the only one truly capable of being great. Lamar made playoffs but more as a runner than as a passer. Darnold has his moments but threw a ton of picks.

      You never truly know until they are drafted and developed.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        There are 4 or 5 1st round QBs in this draft. Take one.

        1a. Grier
        1b. Lock
        3. Haskins
        4. Murray
        5. Jones

        Comment


        • #5
          There isn't much difference between the top five quarterbacks in this years draft, they all have problems. At least wait until the 2nd day to draft one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            It’ll depend on who is around when we want to draft.

            I never put a lick of stock in what the “experts” say.

            There have been plenty of incorrect projections on qbs. Both saying some would be hits and others would be misses. And the experts were wrong.

            Jamies Winston and Marietta were supposed to be sure fire things and both are pretty much busts.

            I don’t believe you pass just because media says there isn’t a quality pick. You scout and take a guy if you think he is the best value.

            Last year was supposed to be a star studded draft for qbs and so far Baker looks like the only one truly capable of being great. Lamar made playoffs but more as a runner than as a passer. Darnold has his moments but threw a ton of picks.

            You never truly know until they are drafted and developed.
            ALL of the QBs (except maybe Jackson) drafted in the first round are BETTER than what we have and all of them have huge upside potential. Most QBs get drafted into inferior team situations. Lets see how those guys make out over time. I'll take Allen and Rosen's arm over anything you see in Keenum. I don't have a crystal ball on any of those guys, but with decent coaching and playcalling they will ascend whereas Keenum will keep us below 500.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              It’ll depend on who is around when we want to draft.

              I never put a lick of stock in what the “experts” say.

              There have been plenty of incorrect projections on qbs. Both saying some would be hits and others would be misses. And the experts were wrong.

              Jamies Winston and Marietta were supposed to be sure fire things and both are pretty much busts.

              I don’t believe you pass just because media says there isn’t a quality pick. You scout and take a guy if you think he is the best value.

              Last year was supposed to be a star studded draft for qbs and so far Baker looks like the only one truly capable of being great. Lamar made playoffs but more as a runner than as a passer. Darnold has his moments but threw a ton of picks.

              You never truly know until they are drafted and developed.
              I wouldn't call Mariota a bust yet....he has still shown the ability to get the job done on numerous occasions. Just not consistent from what I've seen. I think Allen in Buffalo has developed well and should be considered a hit. They just need to draft some O-linemen and a few RB's. Not sure how Rosen developed, he didn't look so good against us. As far as the draft this year.....I'm intrigued by both Murray and Lock.......BUT, would prefer to nab Greedy , Devin White or ....Oliver and try to move up in the back end of the 1st for Grier or even wait and try Stidum {SP?} in later rounds....Even if we draft a QB this year, doesn't mean we shouldn't draft another one next year. Just random thoughts of mine

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                There isn't much difference between the top five quarterbacks in this years draft, they all have problems. At least wait until the 2nd day to draft one.
                Every QB every year will have issues unless your name is John Elway or Andrew Luck. That once in a lifetime QB just doesn't come around. Denver will be signing free agents or "settling" on the draft forever. You just have to take that QB and take a chance. If we can land a kid out of this draft and he has a Matt Ryan or Stafford type of career.....isnt that what we are all really thirsty for?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                  ALL of the QBs (except maybe Jackson) drafted in the first round are BETTER than what we have and all of them have huge upside potential. Most QBs get drafted into inferior team situations. Lets see how those guys make out over time. I'll take Allen and Rosen's arm over anything you see in Keenum. I don't have a crystal ball on any of those guys, but with decent coaching and playcalling they will ascend whereas Keenum will keep us below 500.
                  Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                  I wouldn't call Mariota a bust yet....he has still shown the ability to get the job done on numerous occasions. Just not consistent from what I've seen. I think Allen in Buffalo has developed well and should be considered a hit. They just need to draft some O-linemen and a few RB's. Not sure how Rosen developed, he didn't look so good against us. As far as the draft this year.....I'm intrigued by both Murray and Lock.......BUT, would prefer to nab Greedy , Devin White or ....Oliver and try to move up in the back end of the 1st for Grier or even wait and try Stidum {SP?} in later rounds....Even if we draft a QB this year, doesn't mean we shouldn't draft another one next year. Just random thoughts of mine
                  My overall point was I don’t buy into what the experts are saying. They don’t know any better than any of us do.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    My overall point was I don’t buy into what the experts are saying. They don’t know any better than any of us do.
                    I agree, most of them had Baker Mayfield projected In the mid to late first round behind and in this order Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield and Jackson.

                    They also said it was a weak class and Darnold would take years to develop, however those same “experts” say the 2019 class is no where near the talent of last years.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-19-2019, 12:48 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      draft a QB every year till we have a talented back up and starter. we need a talent infusion at this position
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have the utmost distrust for every quarterback in this years draft. Only Haskins receives a legit first round grade from most and I dont like him either. Fromm, Tua, Herbert. Even Trevor Lawrence in 2021 is a better prospect.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                          I have the utmost distrust for every quarterback in this years draft. Only Haskins receives a legit first round grade from most and I dont like him either. Fromm, Tua, Herbert. Even Trevor Lawrence in 2021 is a better prospect.
                          Lawrence shouldn't even factor into the equation, too much can happen in 2-3 years... can't bank on getting a guy that far out.
                          sigpic
                          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                            I have the utmost distrust for every quarterback in this years draft. Only Haskins receives a legit first round grade from most and I dont like him either. Fromm, Tua, Herbert. Even Trevor Lawrence in 2021 is a better prospect.
                            Disagree with all of those except TL
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't know which QB in the draft would turn out to be a good one, but I would like to see a GOOD effort made to evaluate character and personality, rather than ooohing and ahhhing over arm strength to the apparent exclusion of everything else.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X