Mike Shanahan Scouting department!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shanahan Scouting department!

Let me guess, you opened this thread ready to tear me a new. However I won’t making this ludicrously grotesque suggestion!

Zach Bye and Brandon Stokely our suggesting that Mike Shanahan would be perfect to fill the void in the scouting department left by Gary Kubiak.

Every day I hear them read text message after text message from people usually starting out by saying “you guys are idiots”, I’ve always felt bad for them but now you realize why their listeners greet them with such discourtesy.

Dont they realize that Mike Shanahan a worse draft record than John Elway and it is because Mike found Kirk cousins.

In my opinion Kirk really isn’t even that good, in fact he’s no better than case Keenum maybe slightly but anyway that’s the suggestion that they are making at the current time and I thought I’d post it here to get the opinion of the forum, so have at it.

Elway needs to be exhausting every avenue and resource possible to assist him when it comes to the draft, he is not good at it, and the opinions of any successful and knowledgeable football mind can help in some capacity, I don't see it hurting at all. Maybe he can bring back some information from his son after the senior bowl to better assist the draft room come April.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Elway needs to be exhausting every avenue and resource possible to assist him when it comes to the draft, he is not good at it, and the opinions of any successful and knowledgeable football mind can help in some capacity, I don't see it hurting at all. Maybe he can bring back some information from his son after the senior bowl to better assist the draft room come April.
      a lot of folks credit Gary Kubiak for last years draft which just may be the case but I think the fact that the broncos had an up close and personal look at player in the senior bowl helped more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        a lot of folks credit Gary Kubiak for last years draft which just may be the case but I think the fact that the broncos had an up close and personal look at player in the senior bowl helped more than anything.
        Strongly agree, and I have been saying as such for a long time. People want to paint Gary Kubiak as some sort of drafting messiah, and in Houston he did have a really good track record, but when it comes to the quarterback position, the spot we need to identify, draft, and develop, Kubiak has no track record of success in accomplishing that. I am no Elway apologists, in fact I lean more to replacing him in the near future than keeping him, but Kubiak was the head coach when Paxton was drafted in the first round, and he deserves just as much blame for that failure as Elway, but no one acknowledges that.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          Strongly agree, and I have been saying as such for a long time. People want to paint Gary Kubiak as some sort of drafting messiah, and in Houston he did have a really good track record, but when it comes to the quarterback position, the spot we need to identify, draft, and develop, Kubiak has no track record of success in accomplishing that. I am no Elway apologists, in fact I lean more to replacing him in the near future than keeping him, but Kubiak was the head coach when Paxton was drafted in the first round, and he deserves just as much blame for that failure as Elway, but no one acknowledges that.
          Oh I agree, I’m a strong believer in what’s right is right. I won’t sugar coat or attempt to paint a different picture because of how much I like someone. Gary is a good man but that doesn’t mean he should be invincible to accountability.

Comment

Perfect, Mike knows nothing about drafting defense and Elway knows nothing about drafting offense, they will cancel eachother out.

Comment

Working...
            X