Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with 2 first round picks now and Odell gone, the Giants very well might be targeting a QB high. Maybe Lock or Haskins.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      "INSANITY" - doing the same thing, over and over, hoping the results will be different.

- Albert Einstein

John Elway is no "Einstein", but I'm betting that he's learned his lesson. In fact we have last years Draft as evidence of that. Elway could have moved up, or he could have Drafted Josh Rosen. He didn't do either.
      So his lesson learned is to never draft a QB again? Sounds fun, let's just sign over the hill rentals every other year.....

Comment

• Not sure it its Lock, but I am thinking Giants will be going qb early.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          That's what worries me. These "seasoned' vets who are more likely to get injured. Yes, I can see a rookie, like Lock, stepping onto the field before the season ends. In that regard, this may be another "rebuild" season, but I'm all for it if we can find our future QB, and build a solid team on both sides of the ball. And that includes starting next week, with a healthy FA period. Cmon Elway, we got some money to spend. Lets land some quality players for a reasonably good price.
          These past "rebuild" seasons felt especially bad because we had nothing to look forward to. A rebuild with a promising rookie Qb would be much easier to stomach

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            So his lesson learned is to never draft a QB again? Sounds fun, let's just sign over the hill rentals every other year.....
            If they win us a Superbowl, like Manning did, I couldn't agree more! It's better than seeing another Tim Tebow, Brock Osweiler, Trevor Siemian, or Paxton Lynch. Or ANY QB that the Denver Broncos have EVER Drafted in their history. 38 Drafted Broncos QBs, and not a single one has amounted to anything. THAT is the "lesson".

Comment

• I think the Giants are going to tank next year.
              The dead cap hit for that trade is huge. A bunch of teams wish it was the 2020 draft that want a QB

Comment

• Giants may be going Metcalf round 1 tho.
                2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Exactly
                  Get the side pieces this year then grab one of big 3 next year.

Let Eli have his swan song year

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                    Exactly
                    Get the side pieces this year then grab one of big 3 next year.

Let Eli have his swan song year
                    They also have 16? To get Lock or Jones though.

Comment

• 2 picks in the top 16 anyway. I think Cle gave em 16 anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                        They also have 16? To get Lock or Jones though.
                        Haskins.......
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Either way they can target both QB and WR in Round 1. Or wait for Herbert or Lawrence.

Comment

• Helps us at 10 too maybe if they go WR first.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              If they win us a Superbowl, like Manning did, I couldn't agree more! It's better than seeing another Tim Tebow, Brock Osweiler, Trevor Siemian, or Paxton Lynch. Or ANY QB that the Denver Broncos have EVER Drafted in their history. 38 Drafted Broncos QBs, and not a single one has amounted to anything. THAT is the "lesson".
                              Players like Manning and Elway hardly ever become available. Indeed, those two were about 30 years apart. It's true that Denver has a poor history of drafting QBs. So did the Browns and Chiefs, but look at them now. Each now has a young franchise QB. It may be incredibly difficult, but eventually Denver has to draft their own franchise QB. Either that or wait 30 years for the next Manning or Elway. Or settle for the Case Keenums of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                                Either way they can target both QB and WR in Round 1. Or wait for Herbert or Lawrence.
                                Wait for the QBs that we wont have a shot at?

Comment

Working...
                                X