This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The likelyhood is that they won't. Statistically speaking, teams win a SB more often with a QB they drafted. The FA QB winning has happened only twice in the last 15 years, Manning and Brees.

Even more often than that does a team win a SB with a QB performing in the top tier of the position. We need a QB capable of that on the team. It has been a long time.
    How many times have the Broncos gone to the Superbowl? And how many of those times have the Broncos gone to the Superbowl with one of YOUR "Broncos-drafted" QBs?

End of story.

Comment

• In his prime means like Elway, Young, Brady, Manning all of whom kicked butt from 34 to 37. A wise QB is a Prime QB.
      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
        In his prime means like Elway, Young, Brady, Manning all of whom kicked butt from 34 to 37. A wise QB is a Prime QB.
        Exactly right!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          After Elways interview on NFL network I would put it at 9% not 90. Calling Flacco in his prime!! I would brace for another pass on a QB.....unfortunately
          yeah the Flacco in his prime is a head scratcher comment.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            yeah the Flacco in his prime is a head scratcher comment.
            Physically, Flacco is the same that he's always been. Mentally, and experience-wise, Flacco is most definitely in his "Prime".

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
              How many times have the Broncos gone to the Superbowl? And how many of those times have the Broncos gone to the Superbowl with one of YOUR "Broncos-drafted" QBs?

End of story.
              Really? A one team sample size vs an entire league? You're clearly incapable of a reasonable debate on the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                Physically, Flacco is the same that he's always been. Mentally, and experience-wise, Flacco is most definitely in his "Prime".
                Not at all. He has suffered a significant injury in each of the last four years. His knee, hip, shoulder, and back have all been injured. It would be difficult for an aging player to be considered "the same as ever" physically when his body is obviously not holding up like it used to and his quality of play is clearly deteriorating as he ages.

Comment

• Tell that to JE. Short term memories out here. John had his best 2 years after getting through a banged up rough patch, so did PFM, so will Falco!
                  2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• The one thing Elway should have learned by now. You just dont draft a QB because you think you need one or he meets the QB measurements. You draft a QB that you know can run your system, and will flourish in what you are trying to-do. You don't draft Lock because you need a QB you draft because you know his ability and what your trying to do on offense Lock fits, and you see him fitting in that system 2 years down the road. If you dont---dont draft the guy. QB is still the hardest position to draft.
                    So many teams have drafted a QB out of necessity instead of drafting the QB that works for their team.

Comment

• Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post
                      The one thing Elway should have learned by now. You just dont draft a QB because you think you need one or he meets the QB measurements. You draft a QB that you know can run your system, and will flourish in what you are trying to-do. You don't draft Lock because you need a QB you draft because you know his ability and what your trying to do on offense Lock fits, and you see him fitting in that system 2 years down the road. If you dont---dont draft the guy. QB is still the hardest position to draft.
                      So many teams have drafted a QB out of necessity instead of drafting the QB that works for their team.
                      Shouldn’t even draft him for the reasons you mentioned. You should draft him if you consider him the BPA at your pick.

A lot of people are worried about what Elway will do at 10 because they don’t buy the hype on Lock. But Elway passed on not 1, not 2 but 3 first round QBs a year ago because he did not consider them the BPA at 5.

I don’t see why people are afraid he won’t follow the same draft strategy at 10. Our veteran qb situation is arguably in better shape than it was a year ago when we passed. I don’t believe he will take lock simply because of need. I believe he thinks Flacco buys him the ability to pass if necessary. I truly do.

If Elway takes Lock at 10 I think he legitimately believes Lock is the BPA at 10. Not just a player that fits our biggest need. Regardless of what fans believe about Lock.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                        Tell that to JE. Short term memories out here. John had his best 2 years after getting through a banged up rough patch, so did PFM, so will Falco!
                        So the question is, do you think Flacco is more like the Elways and Peyton Mannings of the world or more like the rest of below average NFL QBs?

If you're lumping Flacco in with HoFers and expecting that sort of play, you've got some major disappointment coming

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          So the question is, do you think Flacco is more like the Elways and Peyton Mannings of the world or more like the rest of below average NFL QBs?

If you're lumping Flacco in with HoFers and expecting that sort of play, you've got some major disappointment coming
                          On the other hand, if we are "lumping Flacco in with" other Superbowl MVPs, like Manning and Elway, then we got a distinct step-up from CK with a QB who can perform when it matters.

Comment

• I like Daniel Jones from Duke the best. Accurate, studied under Peyton's QB coach. Seems like what we need. If we go QB, that is. Otherwise, go BPA, though I don't think we have huge needs at RB or WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Basing strength of schedule off the prior season is always a silly measure for the next season.
                              Chiefs twice, Chargers twice, Colts, Texans, Titans, Jaguars (with an actual quarterback this time), Bears, Packers, Vikings and Lions. The Lions and Raiders are the worst teams on our schedule, and both are greatly improved from a year ago. You're right, completely overreacting.
                              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                                Chiefs twice, Chargers twice, Colts, Texans, Titans, Jaguars (with an actual quarterback this time), Bears, Packers, Vikings and Lions. The Lions and Raiders are the worst teams on our schedule, and both are greatly improved from a year ago. You're right, completely overreacting.
                                Raiders being greatly improved. improved maybe, but greatly improved is an over statement. they still have nothing on defense. and when they had Kalil mack they where an average defense at best. they are trash and need like 3-4 good players. basically for me to see them as greatly improved i'd need to see them hit on all there first rounders on the D. they need 2 pass rushers 2 cbs 1 safety and 3 linebackers. they need to upgrade everything except maybe 3 parts to have a functional D i believe.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X