Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Raiders being greatly improved. improved maybe, but greatly improved is an over statement. they still have nothing on defense. and when they had Kalil mack they where an average defense at best. they are trash and need like 3-4 good players. basically for me to see them as greatly improved i'd need to see them hit on all there first rounders on the D. they need 2 pass rushers 2 cbs 1 safety and 3 linebackers. they need to upgrade everything except maybe 3 parts to have a functional D i believe.
    They also have 3 first round picks
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
      Chiefs twice, Chargers twice, Colts, Texans, Titans, Jaguars (with an actual quarterback this time), Bears, Packers, Vikings and Lions. The Lions and Raiders are the worst teams on our schedule, and both are greatly improved from a year ago. You're right, completely overreacting.
      Again teams change drastically from year to year and you can never assume they’ll repeat performances. An average of 3 new teams make the playoffs in both conferences every year. Meaning half of what you listed won’t be as strong as they appear now.

      For instance the packers and lions both sucked. So I’m not even sure why you would list that. You are assuming they’ll bounce back from the signings they made plus having Rodgers. But as of today that’s a very week opponent.

      Lions are eternally bad. They’ll have to prove it on the field before i believe it.

      Raiders have made nice moves but still have less talent than us. So that doesn’t count as tough strength of schedule.

      Even the chiefs will probably be good but their defense will be worse. And I doubt Mahomes is the first qb to repeat 50 TD seasons.

      Texans lost their secondary and I think we all know Roby isn’t the answer.

      Titans? Jaguars? Seriously?

      It’s like part of your argument you are basing on last years records assuming they will remain good. But then teams that sucked you are agenda basing your argument and are assuming they will be better.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        They also have 3 first round picks
        Great point. Unless they are complete idiots, and I don't think Mike Mayock is an idiot, they are going to have 3 great chances to improve big time on defense. It may not translate to stardom this year but they should be able to draft 3 starters easily and good ones for their defense if that is the direction they go with those picks.

        Comment


        • You all need to trust JE a little more and not worry about what he is saying about Flacco at this point. What else is he supposed to say? We plan on replacing him at our first opportunity?

          Elway went and got Flacco because he fits the mold of a Qb who can run the system we want. Someone who can spread the Defense to open the run game. Someone with a strong arm.
          Flacco is better than Keenum who honestly wasnt that bad but our OC thought he could plug him into any scheme and expect him to excel. Our new OC knows how to play to a QBs strengths. I expect us to get a strong arm Qb who has some good leadership skills and is mobile enough to move the pocket when needed. And would you look at that. DREW LOCK

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
            You all need to trust JE a little more and not worry about what he is saying about Flacco at this point. What else is he supposed to say? We plan on replacing him at our first opportunity?

            Elway went and got Flacco because he fits the mold of a Qb who can run the system we want. Someone who can spread the Defense to open the run game. Someone with a strong arm.
            Flacco is better than Keenum who honestly wasnt that bad but our OC thought he could plug him into any scheme and expect him to excel. Our new OC knows how to play to a QBs strengths. I expect us to get a strong arm Qb who has some good leadership skills and is mobile enough to move the pocket when needed. And would you look at that. DREW LOCK
            Well-Ive been calling for Lock for quite awhile. After reading an article sounds like Denver is looking at Flacco as being in his prime and having at least 4 good years. Now I'm not so sure Lock is the pick. Sounds like OL or maybep TE.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
              You all need to trust JE a little more and not worry about what he is saying about Flacco at this point. What else is he supposed to say? We plan on replacing him at our first opportunity?

              Elway went and got Flacco because he fits the mold of a Qb who can run the system we want. Someone who can spread the Defense to open the run game. Someone with a strong arm.
              Flacco is better than Keenum who honestly wasnt that bad but our OC thought he could plug him into any scheme and expect him to excel. Our new OC knows how to play to a QBs strengths. I expect us to get a strong arm Qb who has some good leadership skills and is mobile enough to move the pocket when needed. And would you look at that. DREW LOCK
              I want to believe you, I really do because I want a QB too. But, the longer FA goes and we dont sign an ILB the more I think we go that route high in the draft simply because of Vics past with the great players hes had. At this point I expect LB 1 and a QB in the 2nd

              Comment


              • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                Well-Ive been calling for Lock for quite awhile. After reading an article sounds like Denver is looking at Flacco as being in his prime and having at least 4 good years. Now I'm not so sure Lock is the pick. Sounds like OL or maybep TE.
                He cant exactly say "yeah, we decided the best thing for this team was to go and trade for a washed up old veteran"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  I want to believe you, I really do because I want a QB too. But, the longer FA goes and we dont sign an ILB the more I think we go that route high in the draft simply because of Vics past with the great players hes had. At this point I expect LB 1 and a QB in the 2nd
                  I'm not even sure in the 2nd for QB anymore. We need DT's like no other. Currently I don't think we have one that can play Fangio's schemes. In order to take advantage of our pass rush and secondary we'll need to collapse the pocket consistently.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

                  Comment


                  • https://fansided.com/2019/03/14/2019...ck-broncos/10/

                    This mock draft has Denver taking Drew Lock at #10. Sorry for the slide show...but that's what it is.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                      https://fansided.com/2019/03/14/2019...ck-broncos/10/

                      This mock draft has Denver taking Drew Lock at #10. Sorry for the slide show...but that's what it is.
                      As much as I would like to see a young franchise QB, not happening this year for two reasons. Some will disagree but here it is. Elway knows Flacco can't do his best looking over his shoulder worried about a rookie taking his job. Second, Vic needs an elite ILB. Looking for White or Bush at #10. IMO

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
                        As much as I would like to see a young franchise QB, not happening this year for two reasons. Some will disagree but here it is. Elway knows Flacco can't do his best looking over his shoulder worried about a rookie taking his job. Second, Vic needs an elite ILB. Looking for White or Bush at #10. IMO
                        Elway can't overlook the fact that Flacco will remain healthy for an entire season. With the list of of injuries he has had. One bad hit can have him miss a few games. I'm not a lock fan at all and don't want him at ten. But Elway will draft a Qb I feel within the first 4 rds latest 5th.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          Elway can't overlook the fact that Flacco will remain healthy for an entire season. With the list of of injuries he has had. One bad hit can have him miss a few games. I'm not a lock fan at all and don't want him at ten. But Elway will draft a Qb I feel within the first 4 rds latest 5th.
                          I Agree, a back up. Not a franchise QB.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
                            I Agree, a back up. Not a franchise QB.
                            I kinda agree if Haskins is there you take him period. But imo lock is not worth 10th pick.
                            Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 03-16-2019, 07:23 AM.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
                              As much as I would like to see a young franchise QB, not happening this year for two reasons. Some will disagree but here it is. Elway knows Flacco can't do his best looking over his shoulder worried about a rookie taking his job. Second, Vic needs an elite ILB. Looking for White or Bush at #10. IMO
                              Well, one cant overlook the fact there isnt another QB behind Flacco either. The backup position is just as important to a team. Flacco's contract can be wiped away at any moment with zero repercussions. He cost the team nothing by cutting him. Unless we see another QB signed in FA a QB being drafted is a 100% certainty, it's just a matter of what round

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                Well, one cant overlook the fact there isnt another QB behind Flacco either. The backup position is just as important to a team. Flacco's contract can be wiped away at any moment with zero repercussions. He cost the team nothing by cutting him. Unless we see another QB signed in FA a QB being drafted is a 100% certainty, it's just a matter of what round
                                I Agree, a strong Arm to carry the clipboard. Kubiac 2.0

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X