This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He isnt married to Flacco at all, the fact that they aren't reworking his deal tells me they are still looking at QB in the draft, or possibly trade. Joe is on a year by year deal that Elway can walk away from at any point and it cost him nothing. If Joe was a 3 year commitment they would redo his deal and give him some guaranteed money
    Why would he rework his deal? He is making $18m with zero guarantee. His contract is on a friendly deal compared to prob what he could have gotten. Maybe a little bit more but with guarantee. I see $18-$22 over the next couple years as a steal if we can build the pieces around him to help him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      Why would he rework his deal? He is making $18m with zero guarantee. His contract is on a friendly deal compared to prob what he could have gotten. Maybe a little bit more but with guarantee. I see $18-$22 over the next couple years as a steal if we can build the pieces around him to help him.
      I would think he would want some guaranteed option. We can cut him at any point and he makes nothing.....not a very appealing option if I were a player.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        I would think he would want some guaranteed option. We can cut him at any point and he makes nothing.....not a very appealing option if I were a player.
        I'm fairly certain that his contract is a major reason we traded for him. We can Draft a rookie and cut him next season if we want with no drawbacks.
        If we had waited until he was released he would have a new contract with guaranteed money

Comment

• Drew Lock and Haskins to be brought in for a meeting .

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
            Drew Lock and Haskins to be brought in for a meeting .
            Doing their homework but I believe this is to make other teams believe we are interested in drafting a QB to possibly do some trading.

Comment

Doing their homework but I believe this is to make other teams believe we are interested in drafting a QB to possibly do some trading.
              We should be looking into drafting a qb is Garrett grayson your long term option after Flacco's leaves. We have no qb of the future so if Elway likes one he should bring him in we need youth and talent at the qb position asap.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                We should be looking into drafting a qb is Garrett grayson your long term option after Flacco's leaves. We have no qb of the future so if Elway likes one he should bring him in we need youth and talent at the qb position asap.
                Yea true. I’m not too concerned. Denver doesn’t develop QBs. Their 3 SB come off trading another team or in FA for a QB. Just look at recent history with Flacco, Orton, Manning, Jake Plummer.

Not saying we haven’t had QBs that we drafted that tried to developed: Tebow, Oz, Lynch, Cutler, Sieman. We just haven’t had success. Yet we are still usually a winning organization. Had one of the highest win percentage of all teams a couple years ago.

Comment

I dont think do. I believe Washington will wait for Smith and Miami will wait for next year. They will do this the right way.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Lol whats the "right way"?

If theres no prognosis for alexs return, you cant wait around. Highly doubt miami waits until next year. They could have kept tannehill if that were the case
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Yea true. I’m not too concerned. Denver doesn’t develop QBs. Their 3 SB come off trading another team or in FA for a QB. Just look at recent history with Flacco, Orton, Manning, Jake Plummer.

Not saying we haven’t had QBs that we drafted that tried to developed: Tebow, Oz, Lynch, Cutler, Sieman. We just haven’t had success. Yet we are still usually a winning organization. Had one of the highest win percentage of all teams a couple years ago.
                      i think we have had struggle with developing players in recent years regardless of position. i think QB has also been really hurt by our lack of Quality Linemen recently and alot of misses there. or bad coaching scho was a bad OT but he is a really good OG. i don't think we ever tried him there.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

• Pro Day is going on right now on NFL Network.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          I dont think do. I believe Washington will wait for Smith and Miami will wait for next year. They will do this the right way.
                          Washington is not going towait for Smith. There’s a lot of talks his career is over. He’s going to be 2 years out of football and coming off an injury. The dude is done. Dolphins are in full tank mode. So I expect them not to take a QB this year.

Comment

Washington is not going towait for Smith. There’s a lot of talks his career is over. He’s going to be 2 years out of football and coming off an injury. The dude is done. Dolphins are in full tank mode. So I expect them not to take a QB this year.
                            I think Rosen goes to Washington if the Cardinals take Murray

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              i think we have had struggle with developing players in recent years regardless of position. i think QB has also been really hurt by our lack of Quality Linemen recently and alot of misses there. or bad coaching scho was a bad OT but he is a really good OG. i don't think we ever tried him there.
                              Nope. Elway can’t draft a QB if his life depended on it. It’s been far too long. I’d rather have Scangarello pick one than Elway flopping time and time again.

Comment

• Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                                Nope. Elway can’t draft a QB if his life depended on it. It’s been far too long. I’d rather have Scangarello pick one than Elway flopping time and time again.
                                I don't get what you disagreeing with. He has not drafted well at all period. The amount of picks on the roster between 2011 and 2017 shows that. Plus we where putting a qb in behind a line that few will succeed with any way.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X