This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Save your thumbs the effort bro, most of the people here only see hindsight. Most of them also call Simeian a bad draft pick like a 7th rounder was supposed to save the franchise
    A 7th round pick who was invited to the pro bowl, hard to call that a miss. He was even flipped for a 5th? That was one of Elway’s good picks at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
      1) 10 TDs vs 10 turnovers earned that contract?? You could have plugged in any QB off the street and got similar, if not better production. Oz did his best to destroy HF advantage before he was finally benched in that week 17 game. That was a horrible contract offer.
      2) Sure we were trying to find a young QB. That doesn’t mean you have to get desperate and pick the WORST QB of the draft.
      3) Keenum is a backup QB at best. Just because the starter market is slim, doesn’t mean you sign a backup QB to a ridiculous contract. Trading cheap, backup QBs for more expensive backup QBs is not the answer. Lynch, Oz or Siemian probably give us similar production to Keenum, at a much cheaper cost. Then you take the extra cap and build around them. Lynch was a big miss, but Elway only made the issue worse by panicking and signing a more expensive backup QB. Cousins got a hefty contract, but he’s at least a starter level talent.
      1.) Yes. You groomed him for 4 years and he won some huge games for us. Without him we don't win the super bowl. It was seen as a good move at the time when the Texans stole him from us by offering more money.

2.) Hindsight. Lynch was unanimously looked at as the #3 QB in the draft with incredible physical tools. Looking back it is the worst Broncos pick of all time but was applauded at the time it was made.

3.) What do you want Denver to do here? Keenum got mid-tier starting QB money and it didn't work out. It was a two year deal. We have a lot of dead money but at least Elway is trying to fix the position. I'd much rather have less of a commitment to a player like Keenum than to break the bank for Cousins.
      Last edited by JW7; 03-26-2019, 09:11 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        1.) Yes. You groomed him for 4 years and he won some huge games for us. Without him we don't win the super bowl. It was seen as a good move at the time when the Texans stole him from us by offering more money.

2.) Hindsight. Lynch was unanimously looked at as the #3 QB in the draft with incredible physical tools. Looking back it is the worst Broncos pick of all time but was applauded at the time it was made.

3.) What do you want Denver to do here? Keenum got mid-tier starting QB money and it didn't work out. It was a two year deal. We have a lot of dead money but at least Elway is trying to fix the position. I'd much rather have less of a commitment to a player like Keenum than to break the bank for Cousins.
        He’s wasn’t groomed into anything more than a 2nd/3rd string QB. He didn’t do anything special for us during his run. Sure he “won” some games, but with the support of an all time great defense. He has 10 TDs and 10 turnovers, he ended up getting a contract that far outweighs his abilities. The Texans ended up having to pay a premium draft pick to get out of that huge contract. What “earned” him that contract was sitting behind one the GOAT QBs in Manning for years, giving hope that he learned how to play the game at a starting level. Without that defense we don’t win that SB, there are a ton of other QBs that could have produced Osweiler’s poor stats with that defense behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          You don’t like Haskins?
          I do like Haskins, I just think the FO likes Lock more.

Comment

• my line on QBs right now i feel looks like this

Murray
            Haskins
            Lock
            Jones
            Geier
            Finely
            Rypien

i think the top 3 i would be fine at with 10. lock is the most boom or bust to me. murray i think short and long term would be joe for the starting the job. and Haskins could be an elite QB but he may end up putting us in Ryan Tannehill land. good QB but never great. either waiting for him to make the next step or replace him.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

He’s wasn’t groomed into anything more than a 2nd/3rd string QB. He didn’t do anything special for us during his run. Sure he “won” some games, but with the support of an all time great defense. He has 10 TDs and 10 turnovers, he ended up getting a contract that far outweighs his abilities. The Texans ended up having to pay a premium draft pick to get out of that huge contract. What “earned” him that contract was sitting behind one the GOAT QBs in Manning for years, giving hope that he learned how to play the game at a starting level. Without that defense we don’t win that SB, there are a ton of other QBs that could have produced Osweiler’s poor stats with that defense behind them.
              Not sure if you remember the regular season snow game against the Patriots but he made some huge throws. We don't win that game without his play and we don't get home field without that win. The team went 5-2 under him. To say he had nothing to do with it is ridiculous.

Osweiler was a better QB than Manning that year. Since you seem to be a big stats guy, go ahead and look at the stats. Also make sure to include fumbles lost like you did with Osweiler.

It's disingenuous to say he was groomed to be a 2nd or 3rd stringer. He was picked in the 2nd round and the team invested 4 years into him.

Staying on course, I really hope we don't trade up for a QB. The only trade up I would be happy with is if Quenten Williams or White are around pick 8 and you flip a 3rd. I don't think Lock is worth going up to 3.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                Wont happen bc no one is trading up for lock imo
                Who said trading up for Lock?

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  I would be okay with Lock @10. I am not thrilled at all about trading up for him if we do that.

Comment

• There are so many smoke screens going up this time of year, I try to ignor them all. lol It will be interesting to see what is next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                      There are so many smoke screens going up this time of year, I try to ignor them all. lol It will be interesting to see what is next.
                      Yes there are.....I love it.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        I did. It's my belief that he is Denver's #1 QB and probably one of their top players overall. You don't wait around to see if someone like that falls to you, if you have them rated like that you trade up.

I would prefer Lock at 10, there's a ton to like about him. I started the offseason pretty men on him but the more I've watched of him, the more I've been swayed. There really were an absurd amount of TDs dropped by his receivers in relation to other top QB prospects. I know the "what if" game is pretty useless, but he was a few sets of stone hands away from 35+ TDs in his first year in a more pro-style offense. After their 3-0 start, there were almost 2 TDs dropped per game, it's nuts.

[1] Against #2 Georgia, TE Albert Okuwegbunam fumbled the ball into the end zone which was recovered by UG. Lock also hit Johnathon Johnson in stride down the sideline for what should have been a TD..the ball bounced off of his chest and into a DB's hands. #1 WR Hall was hurt.

[2] Against South Carolina, the heartbreaker with the weather delay, both Johnathon Johnson and Albert Okwuegbunam dropped touchdown passes, again. Hall still hurt. Also, of note, Lock drove the team down to kick the go-ahead field goal, taking the lead with 1:18 left on the clock. The defense let up a Gamecock FG in that final minute. #2 WR Brown was hurt in this game.

[3] Against #1 Alabama, mizzou was missing their top two WRs. Not a good game, though the first of his two INTs was a ball that went through the hands of his receiver before getting to the DB.

[4] Against Memphis, Mizzou again was missing their top two WRs.

[5] Against then #12 Kentucky, Mizzou was yet again missing Hall and Brown. Brown would not return. The game was lost on a last second TD pass. A 51-yard TD pass was called back by a questionable block in the back penalty.

[6] Against then #13 Florida, Emannuel Hall returned! Florida's pass defense was top 10 in the country at the time, allowing only 170 yards per game. Lock's 250 yards, 3 TDs, and 75% completion was a notable win against a top tier opponent. #1 TE Albert Okuwegbunam was injured in the win. Lock also passed Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow on the SEC passing TDs list.

[7] In the win over Vanderbilt, #1 TE Okuwegbunam was out.

[8] In the win over Tennessee, #1 WR Hall dropped a 41 yard TD. #3 WR Richaud Floyd was injured in the game and #1 TE Okuwegbunam was out once more.

[9] In the win over Arkansas, #3 WR Richaud Floyd and #1 TE Okuwegbunam were out. John Blanton dropped a 20+ yard possible TD. John Elway was in attendance with Gary Kubiak to see Lock's 4 total TDs including this beauty to Emmanuel Hall https://www.cbssports.com/video/play...r-a-67-yard-td Elway and Kubes left immediately after that play, they had seen all they needed to.

[10] In the Bowl game against OKST, #1 WR was again injured after hauling in one of Lock's 3 TD passes. #1 TE Okuwegbunam was also out.

I guess it doesn't help that #1 WR Emmanuel Hall missed a bit of time

I like Lock. I think he is Denver's guy. And if you have to trade up to get your guy... make it so.

You'd be better off watching the games, but if you can't here are some recaps that go over what I described.

[1] https://www.rockmnation.com/2018/9/2...-football-2018

[2] https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...outh-carolina/

[3] https://www.columbiamissourian.com/s...076e54ccd.html

[4] https://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...af01c3a5a.html

[5] https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...220743205.html

[6] https://www.columbiamissourian.com/s...9074af2ab.html

[8] https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...221847125.html

[9] https://www.rockmnation.com/2018/11/...38-0-drew-lock
                        https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...222122325.html

[10]https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...8-liberty-bowl
                        Last edited by Papa-pwn; 03-27-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• I would be more than happy to trade up for Lock if someone else is trying to jump us for him. I have him as the best Qb in this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            I did. It's my belief that he is Denver's #1 QB and probably one of their top players overall. You don't wait around to see if someone like that falls to you, if you have them rated like that you trade up.

I would prefer Lock at 10, but if you have to trade up to get your guy... make it so.
                            Yes I agree , that post was directed at Ear2dastreets. On that note if Elway and Co. feels that Lock is a Qb that can fill that void for 10 yrs or so then you get him . If that means trading up then so be it . It depends on how they feel .

Comment

• I have a gut feeling Denver isn’t going QB round 1 I feel this is a smokescreen people thinking Denver going in for Drew Lock but we shall see. I love the draft so many things can happen in real time and quickly.
                              sigpic

Comment

1) 10 TDs vs 10 turnovers earned that contract?? You could have plugged in any QB off the street and got similar, if not better production. Oz did his best to destroy HF advantage before he was finally benched in that week 17 game. That was a horrible contract offer.
                                2) Sure we were trying to find a young QB. That doesn’t mean you have to get desperate and pick the WORST QB of the draft.
                                3) Keenum is a backup QB at best. Just because the starter market is slim, doesn’t mean you sign a backup QB to a ridiculous contract. Trading cheap, backup QBs for more expensive backup QBs is not the answer. Lynch, Oz or Siemian probably give us similar production to Keenum, at a much cheaper cost. Then you take the extra cap and build around them. Lynch was a big miss, but Elway only made the issue worse by panicking and signing a more expensive backup QB. Cousins got a hefty contract, but he’s at least a starter level talent.
                                Oz won us big games and played better than Manning. We were good with Manning a d we should have been better with Oz. (So the theroy went at the time)

2. Many people were very high on pax, worst qb in the draft would have been laughable at that time

3. Case Keenum would have been fine If the coaches had played to his strengths rather than pretend he could be plugged into any scheme

Comment

Working...
                                X