Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we all agree we need a QB. I just like the QB's next year or the year after. The knock on Lock, ha, is inconsistency. I don't want to trade up or even commit the #10 pick for him. I don't hate him, I just don't see him in the top half of the first round.

Comment

• I dont know why people hate on Lock so much. These are college kids . You cant expect them to look and have numbers like top pro QBs right now . Look at the top NFL QBs past and present college #'s. Very few are stellar. People talk about consistency but raise up other QBs who only had 1 year as a starter. Locks college career .

Comp% TD INT Rating
      2015. 49 4 8 90.5
      2016 54.6 23 10 133.3
      2017 57.8 44 13 165.7
      2018 62.9 28 8 147.7

Wins total 24
      Loss total 24

The wins increased every year and losses decreased . Playing in the toughest conference in college with not a top recruiting school .

I dont know why it crammed all together . It was spaced out good on my cell phone.

Comment

• I think Drew Lock put up some pretty respectable stats in College. I wouldn't be disappointed if we got him at 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          I think Drew Lock put up some pretty respectable stats in College. I wouldn't be disappointed if we got him at 10.
          Respectable won't cut it with the current OL. He has a big frame? Good - put him on the line and let him block because no one else is doing that job. Until we get a functional OL the QB question is moot. Jake Plummer at least had the sense to start running before even considering looking downfield.

Comment

• Actually they were a little better than respectable stats. We have Joe Flacco for as long as we need him.
            Let Drew Lock be the Back up. Improve the offensive line, which Mike Munchak will do, and he will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
              I dont know why people hate on Lock so much. These are college kids . You cant expect them to look and have numbers like top pro QBs right now . Look at the top NFL QBs past and present college #'s. Very few are stellar. People talk about consistency but raise up other QBs who only had 1 year as a starter. Locks college career .

Comp% TD INT Rating
              2015. 49 4 8 90.5
              2016 54.6 23 10 133.3
              2017 57.8 44 13 165.7
              2018 62.9 28 8 147.7

Wins total 24
              Loss total 24

The wins increased every year and losses decreased . Playing in the toughest conference in college with not a top recruiting school .

I dont know why it crammed all together . It was spaced out good on my cell phone.
              I like what I see .....improvement every year, yet was force fed new coordinators / schemes every year. Looking at his win / loss......someone had me google Elway....he was almost exactly the same coming out of Stanford. He even struggled his first few years in the NFL, but had a big arm and he was EXTREMELY competitive. Not sure if Lock has that EXTREMELY aspect, but enough of it. I really wanted Allen last year, but will settle for Lock this year. I even think Lock is a step up from Allen. I've seen the excitement in the Buffalo fans first hand as I'm fairly local. I want that excitement. I am fully well aware of Lock's issues, but don't we have a young QB guru as our coordinator ? Don't we have a proven Vet to lead us for 2 years if need be while Lock develops or rather corrects those issue's.? Lock is going to fall right into our lap. I would be cool with Haskins, but look. We don't even know what his issues are. He only has 1 year, 1 system, 1 coordinator. He hasn't had to face adversity. Will the AFC West defensive line destroy the confidence he has ? Will he crumble ? We don't know how he's going to handle any of these more than likely issues that are sure to rise. I'll even support a QB later in the draft.....but I want Lock. 9 more hours, lets get to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                Playing in the toughest conference in college with not a top recruiting school .
                The SEC is not as great as many think. At the top Bama is amazing, and then you have LSU who are always competitive, but then come Auburn who's gone back to being average now Cam Newton is gone. Georiga, who are good but haven't really done anything. Florida, who's nothing after Meyer. Then you have trash that gets overrated and over ranked because of ESPN being in bed with the SEC. Lock has a few good wins, but most came against FCS teams and doormat SEC teams that haven't won anything since color TV was invented.

My issue with Lock is accuracy and pre-snap decisions. Mizzu went into the SEC and kicked ass after being a mid-tier B1G12 school. The SEC thing means nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                  The SEC is not as great as many think. At the top Bama is amazing, and then you have LSU who are always competitive, but then come Auburn who's gone back to being average now Cam Newton is gone. Georiga, who are good but haven't really done anything. Florida, who's nothing after Meyer. Then you have trash that gets overrated and over ranked because of ESPN being in bed with the SEC. Lock has a few good wins, but most came against FCS teams and doormat SEC teams that haven't won anything since color TV was invented.

My issue with Lock is accuracy and pre-snap decisions. Mizzu went into the SEC and kicked ass after being a mid-tier B1G12 school. The SEC thing means nothing.
                  Whether you agree that the sec is the toughest division in college or not doesnt negate the fact that this kid improved every year . I know it's a team sport and hes not solely responsible for the wins but hes not solely responsible for the losses either . Its difficult to have different offensive schemes every year and produce good numbers which he did .

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    What are you going to do when the Broncos don't take a QB in round 1? You're like Lavar Ball, trying to speak something into existence.
                    Hahahahaha “so it is written so it shall be done” in this case “so he’s said it so it shall be done”!

I don’t believe Elway is settling for just another QB if he isn’t 100 percent sold on that guy.

Not saying he won’t do it I’m just saying he shouldn’t do it if he isn’t 100 percent sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Hahahahaha “so it is written so it shall be done” in this case “so he’s said it so it shall be done”!

I don’t believe Elway is settling for just another QB if he isn’t 100 percent sold on that guy.

Not saying he won’t do it I’m just saying he shouldn’t do it if he isn’t 100 percent sold.
                      I think Elway loves Lock, he has scouted him a ton....more than any other prospect. Imo, Lock is the reason why he didnt draft a QB last year. He stated the other day they scout the current and next years draft class. Once Mayfield and Darnold were gone he set his eyes on Lock because he didn't like Rosen or Allen. If Lock is available at 10 I fully expect him to pull the trigger. Although, I dont expect a trade up either. If anything, its Lock or trade down
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        I think Elway loves Lock, he has scouted him a ton....more than any other prospect. Imo, Lock is the reason why he didnt draft a QB last year. He stated the other day they scout the current and next years draft class. Once Mayfield and Darnold were gone he set his eyes on Lock because he didn't like Rosen or Allen. If Lock is available at 10 I fully expect him to pull the trigger. Although, I dont expect a trade up either. If anything, its Lock or trade down
                        Elway also reportedly told Lock he wouldn't make it past pick 10. I think we all know who has the 10th pick tonight...

https://247sports-com.cdn.ampproject...l-129152808%2F

Comment

• Sorry, I'll stop bumping this .....soon. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                            Sorry, I'll stop bumping this .....soon. :-)
                            I'll bump it for ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                              Elway also reportedly told Lock he wouldn't make it past pick 10. I think we all know who has the 10th pick tonight...

https://247sports-com.cdn.ampproject...l-129152808%2F
                              He told him he would be a top 10 pick....huge difference. If hes picked 10 then he is still a top 10 pick
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                                What are you going to do when the Broncos don't take a QB in round 1? You're like Lavar Ball, trying to speak something into existence.
                                If Denver does that I will be very surprised, well, IF they intentionally pass. It will be one of the few times I couldn't guess where their heads were at in round 1. More likely, if they don't go QB it will be because another team took the one(s) we wanted before we had a chance, like last year.

Really every move Denver has made thisn offseason screams "we're going QB early" and every QB move they've made screams "Drew Lock is the favorite" just like Mayfield last year. Fans and media just tend to overthink things when the simplest and most obvious answer is usually the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X