This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    No he is the qb of the present you expect him to last longer then a year or two it will be disappointed
    You mean just like all those people who said that Lock would be our Franchise Quarterback of the future are now "disappointed"?

John Elway is reported to have said that he expects Flacco to be our QB for the next 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      Yeah, and lock would have made us a 13-3 team. LOL.

But then again, you might get an argument from every GM in the NFL that passed on drew lock. The fact is that he isn't a 1st Round talent.

Additionally, we are not "stuck" with Flacco. This Franchise just Traded for him and he hasn't played a down for the Broncos. I hate to break it to you, but Flacco IS our "future QB".
      Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      You mean just like all those people who said that Lock would be our Franchise Quarterback of the future are now "disappointed"?

John Elway is reported to have said that he expects Flacco to be our QB for the next 4 years.
      I am saying I think that is stupid and will get Elway fired. I still we have one of the least talented qb rooms in the NFL. I feel we need 2 pieces a QB and a back up qb. Flacco may be able to start for a year or 2 but he needs to improve from how he has been playing recently or we are looking for a qb next draft also. Hell we are probably still looking for one this year.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

If Denver has Lock ahead of Haskins, then they are the only people who do. And remember, Denver had Osweiler ahead of Dak Prescott. Just look at the QBs that this FO has taken. It's been pathetic. Moving up in the Draft to take Lynch? How far did that set this Franchise back? And Lynch had a "large frame and a big arm", too. From top to bottom, they have been terrible. So when I hear the suggestion that everybody has Haskins as the #1 QB, and that the Broncos have Lock ahead of Haskins, pardon me for not having a good feeling about that.

With that being said, I will support whoever ends up being the 2019 QB as we all know that EVERY college QB taken in the Draft is a complete and total crap-shoot.
        Brock Osweiler and Dak Prescott were NOT in the same draft. Osweiler was 2011 and Prescott was 2016. I assume you are referring to Paxton Lynch, and Yes, every team probably had Lynch ahead of Prescott. Prescott had off-field issues at Mississippi State that got him suspended for a few games.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          Hence the, "if the Giants didn't fall in love with the Jones/Manning/Cutcliffe connection, we only see 2 quarterback selected in the first round" comment. Meaning, if that didn't happen, I think only 2 quarterbacks would of been taken in the first round. So like, with the 3 guys taken in the first round, if you minus that 1 player my comment outlined, it would then equal 2 ....
          Not sure that stands though, rumors were that Beliechick liked Jones. He might have grabbed him at 32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            With 2 2nd round picks they could easily move up and grab Lock if they want him. But, at this point, they are probably best going all in on Flacco. They have a lot of holes they need to fill and the 3 picks tomorrow can help with that.
            The disappointing thing for me, with regards to what you're suggesting, is that the OL talent was SERIOUSLY depleted in the first round. Bradbury, Dillard, Williams, Lindstrom, McGary. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers and toes that Risner is still there at 41, but it just seems so unlikely. Maybe we package our second rounders and move up for Risner. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
              The disappointing thing for me, with regards to what you're suggesting, is that the OL talent was SERIOUSLY depleted in the first round. Bradbury, Dillard, Williams, Lindstrom, McGary. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers and toes that Risner is still there at 41, but it just seems so unlikely. Maybe we package our second rounders and move up for Risner. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.
              I disagree, the offensive line talent available right now is great. I'm looking at Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, Dalton Risner, and Greg Little sitting there with 1st round grades, and at one point during the process, that is where they were ranked. I am a big believer that guys should be drafted according mostly to where their on field play positions them, and all these guys at the start of the pre-draft process were rated higher than they are now. The combine, measurables, media hype, etc. all play a large role in the movement of guys up and down after the season finishes, but these guys available can really play. You probably don't care what I think, but I would of been just fine with Cody Ford or Jawaan Taylor being picked at 20, I've done my research, both are immediate upgrades.

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
              Not sure that stands though, rumors were that Beliechick liked Jones. He might have grabbed him at 32.
              Wasn't Greir also rumoured to be in serious contention at the back end of round 1 ? Also, Haskins and Lock were pretty much assured to be gone by 10, both were there. Rumour also was that Lock to Denver at 10 was pretty much guaranteed, after all it was reported by everyone, Denver passed on him at 20. This quarterback class was weak, I've been saying that I felt the talk of quarterback runs and 5 or 6 guys going in round 1 wouldn't happen, and the NFL just acknowledged that with only 3 guys going in the top 32 picks. For what it's worth, the New York media is killing the Giants for the Jones pick, horrible move by them in my opinion, and I don't see anyone adding him in the first round outside them considering how Haskins and Lock "fell".

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                I disagree, the offensive line talent available right now is great. I'm looking at Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, Dalton Risner, and Greg Little sitting there with 1st round grades, and at one point during the process, that is where they were ranked. I am a big believer that guys should be drafted according mostly to where their on field play positions them, and all these guys at the start of the pre-draft process were rated higher than they are now. The combine, measurables, media hype, etc. all play a large role in the movement of guys up and down after the season finishes, but these guys available can really play. You probably don't care what I think, but I would of been just fine with Cody Ford or Jawaan Taylor being picked at 20, I've done my research, both are immediate upgrades.

Wasn't Greir also rumoured to be in serious contention at the back end of round 1 ? Also, Haskins and Lock were pretty much assured to be gone by 10, both were there. Rumour also was that Lock to Denver at 10 was pretty much guaranteed, after all it was reported by everyone, Denver passed on him at 20. This quarterback class was weak, I've been saying that I felt the talk of quarterback runs and 5 or 6 guys going in round 1 wouldn't happen, and the NFL just acknowledged that with only 3 guys going in the top 32 picks. For what it's worth, the New York media is killing the Giants for the Jones pick, horrible move by them in my opinion, and I don't see anyone adding him in the first round outside them considering how Haskins and Lock "fell".
                What if we get them both in round 2?

Comment

• Drew Lock is a 3rd round prospect. I have Stidham,, Grier and Finley rated higher than him. Lock has the elite arm, but he is inconsistent,and has small hands.

I would rather wait to the 3rd round to take Drew Lock

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    I still wouldn’t be surprised to see Denver draft him in the second
                    Yeah but i don’t think as many people would be upset now as if it had been at 10. We could even do it with the Steelers pick.

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    So when do we “lock” this thread?

Probably not until he is off the board.
                    sigpic

Comment

They could still draft Lock today....

Comment

• No point drafting a QB today if he is not going to be the long term solution. The Broncos should pass on Lock. Maybe pick up a QB in the late rounds, 6th or 7th round that can be stashed on the practice squad.

Comment

• If Greedy Williams is still available, take him and move Harris for some picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            If Greedy Williams is still available, take him and move Harris for some picks.
                            Wouldn’t Murphy be a better fit?

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              If Greedy Williams is still available, take him and move Harris for some picks.
                              Byron Murphy and then move CHJ to the jets for Darron Lee!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                Ears2dastreet is prob thrilled rn lmao. No Murray or Haskin lmaooooo
                                No mlb, either lmao
                                In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Working...
                                X