This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Has anyone heard a reason why Mack Wilson is falling so much? You had people like Benjamin Allbright have him going in the first. We don’t have a pick in the next round so I highly doubt we have a chance but I’m a little shocked.
    The only I could say is that teams just don’t value the hardnose middle linebacker as much as they did in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Let’s be real this is the Denver Broncos and our current starter is Joe Flacco. Drew Lock will not be on the bench for 2 years. I’d be surprised if he isn’t starting by week 12-13.

Obviously the goal is not to rush him. And hopefully Flacco can turn back the clock 6 years to prevent it. But most likely we will be eliminated by December and Elway will want to see what Lock can do. And fans will be clamoring for him the second Flacco has a bad 3 interception game.

I mean I hope our staff doesn’t cave to demands of fans. But what fans say today versus our tendency to be impatient with QBs in season will put a ton of pressure on Flacco.

We will be super lucky to have Flacco perform well enough to allow us to sit Lock for a year. And I’d be super shocked for him to not be the 2020 starter. Unless he is Lynch 2.0. Which i doubt.
      I actually believe Flacco will do well in our new system. He won't be an MVP by any stretch, but I truly think he can be an above average starter. I dont expect to see Lock in 2019 sans injury or something like that. I think Lock needs a full year at least to work out his issues. Next year I could see a legit competition though.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        Yeah, and lock would have made us a 13-3 team. LOL.

But then again, you might get an argument from every GM in the NFL that passed on drew lock. The fact is that he isn't a 1st Round talent.

Additionally, we are not "stuck" with Flacco. This Franchise just Traded for him and he hasn't played a down for the Broncos. I hate to break it to you, but Flacco IS our "future QB".
        You were the one putting all the faith in mock drafts and how much those professionals knew what they were doing. Everyone had him mocked in the 1st round, anywhere from top 10 to 28 by LA. Now, we get a 1st round talent in the 2nd.....I couldn't be happier

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          I actually believe Flacco will do well in our new system. He won't be an MVP by any stretch, but I truly think he can be an above average starter. I dont expect to see Lock in 2019 sans injury or something like that. I think Lock needs a full year at least to work out his issues. Next year I could see a legit competition though.
          Again I believe that’s the goal. I just don’t expect it to go that way. Honestly wouldn’t be a bit shocked to see fragile Joe knocked out at some point.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            You were the one putting all the faith in mock drafts and how much those professionals knew what they were doing. Everyone had him mocked in the 1st round, anywhere from top 10 to 28 by LA. Now, we get a 1st round talent in the 2nd.....I couldn't be happier
            Yeah he spent the better part of the month condescending everyone saying he felt John Elway knows better than all of us and has faith he knew what he was doing. Which is true but no need to be snarky about it.

But now because every other gm passed he suddenly isn’t a first round talent?

Drew Brees, Brady and Russel Wilson were all passed on a bunch too. But they were clearly all first round talents. Maybe perhaps sometimes the scouts and GMs and media all get it flat wrong too.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Again I believe that’s the goal. I just don’t expect it to go that way. Honestly wouldn’t be a bit shocked to see fragile Joe knocked out at some point.
              I think that's something to monitor. That said, I have a strong belief in Munchak and the system Scangs is implementing to help alleviate some of those injury concerns. However, you're right, I think Lock will get 1 or 2 games this year, for one reason or another.

Comment

• This all depends on the coaching, Lock’s willingness to improve, his desire to compete, the scheme, and the moving pieces around DL.

Lock has the size, the arm, and it appears... the intangibles.

If we recognize how quickly our new OC developed those 2 backup QBs in SF, and If we consider how fortunate it is for DL to serve as an understudy to a downfield passer like Flacco, with a similar skill set...

Man, you have to appreciate the value of this pick and the opportunity here.

Even Elway haters have to give the exec credit. He turned two 4th round picks and a 6th into a SB winning QB (with a solid post season history) and arguably top QB in this draft class. That’s a minor miracle.

Remember how sliding in draft helped motivate Brees, Wilson, Brady... here’s Lock on his fall:

“It added a whole lot of chips to the shoulder,” Lock said of the wait. “It’s more like a full Pringles bottle. There’s a lot of chips in it.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/nfl/2019/04/27/nfl-draft-2019-second-third-round-drew-lock-broncos-jawaan-taylor-jaguars-joejuan-williams-patriots
                Last edited by fraguela09; 04-27-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Added a young gunslinger out of the SEC (a la Stafford, Cutler, etc.) to the Bronco stable, and did it in the 2nd Round w/o panicking, and even got some offensive pieces (Fant & Risner) beforehand that will eventually be helpful to him. In the meantime, get some seasoning behind an SB-winning QB (Flacco), plus a good chip on his shoulder, etc. All good for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    I think our coaching and talent added so far will be better than what we have seen in the past. I am one of those holding high hopes that Munchak will essentially do for the team blocking what Alex Gibbs did for us under Shanahan. Alex Gibbs added value beyond the OL so that in my eyes is pretty big shoes to fill but I am hoping Munchak can do it.

On offense I think we will have some weaknesses that teams can expose and obviously at this point we will have depth issues as some of our holes were just too big to fix properly in 1 year.

Still I am liking what I am seeing. We are doing about as well as one could expect at this time imo
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      This all depends on the coaching, Lock’s willingness to improve, his desire to compete, the scheme, and the moving pieces around DL.

Lock has the size, the arm, and it appears... the intangibles.

If we recognize how quickly our new OC developed those 2 backup QBs in SF, and If we consider how fortunate it is for DL to serve as an understudy to a downfield passer like Flacco, with a similar skill set...

Man, you have to appreciate the value of this pick and the opportunity here.

Even Elway haters have to give the exec credit. He turned two 4th round picks and a 6th into a SB winning QB (with a solid post season history) and arguably top QB in this draft class. That’s a minor miracle.

Remember how sliding in draft helped motivate Brees, Wilson, Brady... here’s Lock on his fall:

“It added a whole lot of chips to the shoulder,” Lock said of the wait. “It’s more like a full Pringles bottle. There’s a lot of chips in it.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si....liams-patriots
                      I like pringles
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I swear...last bump

Comment

• if Drew Lock ends up being like Jay Cutler with out the Personality issues. then we may have got a steal of the draft.

that is all.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            if Drew Lock ends up being like Jay Cutler with out the Personality issues. then we may have got a steal of the draft.

that is all.
                            Bingo. Cutler- the player- was on a good trajectory (i.e. Pro Bowl) before all the McDaniels nonsense- and that was with him being a bit of a (ahem) “unique” personality. Lock seems to have a lot of the same tools, and experiences (both started tons of SEC games) as Cutler, w/more of a “traditional” NFL QB demeanor. We are being lauded for the pick in most places- and for good reason...

Comment

• Originally posted by Southern Bronco View Post
                              Bingo. Cutler- the player- was on a good trajectory (i.e. Pro Bowl) before all the McDaniels nonsense- and that was with him being a bit of a (ahem) “unique” personality. Lock seems to have a lot of the same tools, and experiences (both started tons of SEC games) as Cutler, w/more of a “traditional” NFL QB demeanor. We are being lauded for the pick in most places- and for good reason...
                              cutler the player was crazy talented. cutler the person was terrible. he just wanted the money and to party. i have a friend who worked at stadium when cutler was traded to bears. he showed up to practice hungover regularly. and was just there for the money. not there to actually play football.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Cutler was also thrown into the fire too early. Jake was kicked out too early. Hopefully, we don't see a similar situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X