Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Yep. I was at Vandy grad school when Cutler was playing- and his off-field reputation wasn’t the greatest. Arrogant/aloof- and definitely liked to party hard with his clique. Don’t know about the “money” part- b/c that wasn’t really relevant then- though definitely assumed to be in his near future.

    The two ways I will defend Cutler though are that he was: (1) generally more popular, and respected by his teammates than given credit for by the media/public; and (2) that he is a tough hombre. The guy got absolutely killed at Vandy, and for most his CHI career. It was really only in DEN, and maybe an early season or two in CHI that he ever had a chance to play the game upright (don’t count MIA b/c IMHO he was basically a civilian in uniform lol)...
    Although he was a turnover machine I believe he had more talent as a quarterback than any other quarterback in the league and that includes cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers. One also have to consider that he was battling diabetes throughout the majority of his career.

    The fatigue from playing the game would strike him a lot sooner than most other athletes on the field.

    Not making excuses but the guy had his share of health issues while playing One of the most physically demanding positions in sports!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • the Hall of Fame game on Aug 1 will be circled on my calendar. I will very eagerly look to see how Lock farew in the pre-season opener.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        the Hall of Fame game on Aug 1 will be circled on my calendar. I will very eagerly look to see how Lock farew in the pre-season opener.
        I’m curious on how self explanatory the play book would be for Drew Lock.

        It just doesn’t seem like very much time for the young quarterback to understand the verbiage of a Mike Shanahan style offense in such little time.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          I’m curious on how self explanatory the play book would be for Drew Lock.

          It just doesn’t seem like very much time for the young quarterback to understand the verbiage of a Mike Shanahan style offense in such little time.
          I'd be surprised if they opened up the preseason with all of our complex plays.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            I’m curious on how self explanatory the play book would be for Drew Lock.

            It just doesn’t seem like very much time for the young quarterback to understand the verbiage of a Mike Shanahan style offense in such little time.
            That's why Elway and Fangio hired the "Quarterback Whisperer", Rich Scangarello. Lock seems to have about a 75 IQ point advantage over Paxton Lynch, and he appears to have some semblance of "Football Instincts" that were lacking in Osweiler. He'll be just fine with the playbook.

            Comment


            • When Lock came to Denver for the pre draft meeting Elway asked him if he was good at video games. Lock responded , no I suck at them . Elway said great your hired lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                I feel lock is a better qb then Hogan or greyson. But I do feel only way he sees the field is injury. Personally though I would rather put lock out there then either Hogan or grayson. I think Lock gives us the second best chance of winning.
                I don't disagree with this but it's complicated. Lock is probably better than Hogan/Grayson right now, but I want Lock to be better than Lock is right now. Part of that will come with playing time but part of that comes with absorbing the coaching and the film study. Luckily we have Scangarello who has shown an ability to develop QB's. So, in the end, I'll trust him and trust the process.

                Comment


                • Scangarello comes from a coaching tree that specializes in creating a system that can allow a QB to maximize their strengths, and down plays their weaknesses. If Lock has to start, I think he can be successful. That said, he needs work, and the longer he sits the more the playbook opens and the scheme gets better and tougher to defend. Lock will be the backup, as even though he has issues, a Scangs system makes it much less of an issue. He needs at least a year to work on things, and perhaps even 2 years.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

                  Comment


                  • I plastered these boards showing my desire to draft Lock. I finally got my wish { I got multiple phone calls when it happened } , but now that we have him, I don't want to screw it up. I'll trust the coaches......but this is why I wanted Lock to be 3rd string, cause if Flacco gets injured early in the year, letting Lock play too early may not be good for his development. I said from day 1, he needs development. Footwork, and reading NFL defense's......I stated "ride the pine for 1 or even 2 years" . Let Flacco show us what he's got . I have heard Elway state he's going the Farve / Rodgers mode, so it sounds like there is a plan....I hope they stick too it. Let Lock be 3rd string.

                    Comment


                    • I've been watching videos of Drew Lock to get a better feel what we are getting, this video below of his pro day gets me really excited!




                      It's great up to about the 28 min mark than starts talking about other prospects. At this point most felt he was going 6th to the Giants.
                      Last edited by MarshallMoss; 04-28-2019, 09:52 AM.
                      "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                        I've been watching videos of Drew Lock to get a better feel what we are getting, this video below of his pro day gets me really excited!




                        It's great up to about the 28 min mark than starts talking about other prospects. At this point most felt he was going 6th to the Giants.
                        Denver really lucked out getting him in the 2nd. He also really lucked out coming to Denver. It is arguably ththe perfect situation and offense for him to succeed in.

                        Comment


                        • Of the QBs, I wanted Lock, given Murray was not affordable. But he sounds like a good guy, with a good head, and a big arm....and athleticism. Gives me hope for our future, along with all the young guns we have in our lineup. They will grow together, and I predict, will be a big force for years to come!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            That's why Elway and Fangio hired the "Quarterback Whisperer", Rich Scangarello. Lock seems to have about a 75 IQ point advantage over Paxton Lynch, and he appears to have some semblance of "Football Instincts" that were lacking in Osweiler. He'll be just fine with the playbook.
                            Oh of course he will, but what I’m saying is can he absorb enough of it to be a comfortable starter by the start of the season.

                            If he’s a football junkie then he’ll dive right in with excitement but then again, I don’t want him to feel overwhelmed, start making mistakes, question his own abilities and then become ruined like so many others such as Marcus Mariotta, David Carr, Matt leinart etc.

                            A lot of folks think a QB should start right of way which I’m completely against but even as a backup in a place such as Denver could ruin a young QB. I just want him to be eased into the position and if he progresses faster then so be it we could add more to his learning process but if not I think he should handled delicately.

                            Also I agree, he is a project but nothing like Paxton Lynch or Body Odor I mean Brock Osweiler. Those two really stunk up the joint!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Oh of course he will, but what I’m saying is can he absorb enough of it to be a comfortable starter by the start of the season.

                              If he’s a football junkie then he’ll dive right in with excitement but then again, I don’t want him to feel overwhelmed, start making mistakes, question his own abilities and then become ruined like so many others such as Marcus Mariotta, David Carr, Matt leinart etc.

                              A lot of folks think a QB should start right of way which I’m completely against but even as a backup in a place such as Denver could ruin a young QB. I just want him to be eased into the position and if he progresses faster then so be it we could add more to his learning process but if not I think he should handled delicately.

                              Also I agree, he is a project but nothing like Paxton Lynch or Body Odor I mean Brock Osweiler. Those two really stunk up the joint!
                              The play calls in Scangarello's playbook are probably as long and complicated as all the other WCO ones. In a game, Lock gets the play in his ear. He needs to understand it and know how to get everybody lined up correctly. That's the basic part he'll do in PS games. Eventually he will need to make pre-snap reads to see if he needs to change anything. That will take more time. He should have plenty of time to learn since Flacco is the starter. Flacco will be a role model on how to go about preparing to play using an NFL weekly schedule.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                                Denver really lucked out getting him in the 2nd. He also really lucked out coming to Denver. It is arguably ththe perfect situation and offense for him to succeed in.
                                agreed

                                I know people say he is a 2nd round talent but for YEARS QBs have been getting drafted ahead of where people said their talent should merit drafting.

                                We got lucky getting him in the 2nd round. From what I have read other teams were looking at Lock and we had to make the trade we did.

                                Lock also seemed to be impressed with how the Broncos coaches were teaching him even in pre-draft interviews.

                                Who knows how all the many variables involved will pan out but at this point this looks like a good pick for both sides.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X