Late Round Qb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    Part of me hopes that Scangarello can be better play out of Hogan. I would definitely love to see a UDFA than a pick used late in the draft on one. Flacco and Hogan is a solid start.
    Wouldn't Kevin Hogan need to be re-signed? I don't think he's under contract at the moment. I think he's a RFA which makes it a little easier for the Broncos to keep him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      Honestly after Finley and Rypien there isn't much chance of a franchise QB in my opinion.
      I also think both of these guys are safe middle round picks with a floor of being great backups. Both are intelligent players, both have some physical flaws when it comes to arm strength, but both have proven to be competitive guys, with athleticism, and could eventually be contributors in the future. I think both will be available a bit later in the process, and if we don't go quarterback in round 1, which I hope we don't, then I think both would be great acquisitions. I also don't see a significant talent drop off from someone like Daniel Jones to these guys, not enough to warrant where they will probably be drafted. I honestly think both Rypien and Finley have superior tape to Jones, but the process and the infatuation with measurables and who your coach is, benefits Jones unfortunately for Rypien and Finley.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Wouldn't Kevin Hogan need to be re-signed? I don't think he's under contract at the moment. I think he's a RFA which makes it a little easier for the Broncos to keep him.
        He is an RFA. Just believe he comes back on the cheap. I think that depends upon if we go first 2 rounds or not. If someone signs him to a deal we cant match, I'll be shocked.
        2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Talked to a couple fans from CCSU who are a little shocked Dolegala is a prospect to watch. Said at times he was not the best player on the team, have a great WR also available who may be a better prospect, but said he is a big dude with a huge arm, and felt they blew a chance to put themselves on the map this year. Felt they combo was the best they've ever had, and were too Conservative on offense. So great fit.
          Last edited by conannilsen; 02-25-2019, 05:11 PM. Reason: Typos
          2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

McSorley... if he were 2-3" taller.
            Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
              McSorley... if he were 2-3" taller.
              Love McSorley......he is a really good player and only needs to show the ability to take snaps under center. He had a bit of a down year from his Jr season, but he also lost a ton of offense to the NFL. Barkley, Hamilton and Gesicki were a huge part of that team and dominated the snaps at their positions.

He is one of the smartest QBs this draft, an incredible competitor, and far more athletic than I think people are expecting. If he shows improvement taking snaps at the combine and at PSU pro day, he will be going much higher than current projections.

Comment

Working...
              X