Contender Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contender Mock

Now that we know Flacco is our QB and that Case is getting axed. I think it’s time to start filling in the pieces to make us legit contenders.

We are currently sitting at $37 mill before the Flacco trade and I am not sure if that’s including the $10 mill increase from prior year but I’ll just say it is. We are going to be paying a total of $25 mill for QB by eating Case dead cap and Flacco’s $18 mill. So basically a $4mill increase from Case’s $21 mill we would have owed him if he played. So we are sitting at $33 mill. Time to make some money.

Cuts:
    Marshall: +$5 mill
    Stewart: +$3.6mill
    Leary:+$7.9 mill

Restructure:
    Wolfe: he is due $10.9 mill. Find a way to lower that or extend him to lower the cap to around $7-8 mill. Save around $+3 mill.

Sanders may need to restructure or take a pay cut. I am not sure if they will be able to so I am going to leave that blank for now.

Savings+ Cap+ = $52.5

Signings/ Re-sign:

S Amos
    CB Callahan
    RT James
    G Foster
    DL Shelby Harris

Not sure if they will have the money but if they can bring in Mosley that would be ideal. Since Vic loves his LB

Draft:
    1st: LB Devin White( if we get Mosley, I have a feeling we go Oliver or Greedy)

2nd: CB Julian Love( or can see them going OL Dalton Risner or WR “Hollywood” Brown. Which ever falls out of the first.)

Remaking rounds will be best player available.

This will hit on our needs:
    OL improved big time
    CB/S improved
    LB improved

Sprinkle in a DL and a WR and we may be legit contenders.
    Last edited by Murph2432; 02-14-2019, 02:19 PM.

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Now that we know Flacco is our QB and that Case is getting axed. I think it’s time to start filling in the pieces to make us legit contenders.

We are currently sitting at $37 mill before the Flacco trade and I am not sure if that’s including the $10 mill increase from prior year but I’ll just say it is. We are going to be paying a total of $25 mill for QB by eating Case dead cap and Flacco’s $18 mill. So basically a $4mill increase from Case’s $21 mill we would have owed him if he played. So we are sitting at $33 mill. Time to make some money.

Cuts:
    Marshall: +$5 mill
    Stewart: +$3.6mill
    Leary:+$7.9 mill

Restructure:
    Wolfe: he is due $10.9 mill. Find a way to lower that or extend him to lower the cap to around $7-8 mill. Save around $+3 mill.

Sanders may need to restructure or take a pay cut. I am not sure if they will be able to so I am going to leave that blank for now.

Savings+ Cap+ = $52.5

Signings/ Re-sign:

S Amos
    CB Callahan
    RT James
    G Foster
    DL Shelby Harris

Not sure if they will have the money but if they can bring in Mosley that would be ideal. Since Vic loves his LB

Draft:
    1st: LB Kevin White( if we get Mosley, I have a feeling we go Oliver or Greedy)

2nd: CB Julian Love( or can see them going OL Dalton Risner or WR “Hollywood” Brown. Which ever falls out of the first.)

Remaking rounds will be best player available.

This will hit on our needs:
    OL improved big time
    CB/S improved
    LB improved

Sprinkle in a DL and a WR and we may be legit contenders.
    i think the name your looking for here is Devin White not Kevin White
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      Hahaha you are absolutely right. Let me change that.

Comment

Flacco is not making us contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
          Flacco is not making us contenders.
          By himself, no. If you combine him with a good FA/draft class and our new coaching staff I think we could could contend for the playoffs.

Comment

I am thinking that our new coaching staff might be smarter than last seasons and build the team around Flacco and put in a system that plays to Flacco's strength. Once again, if we can keep the quality of our defense up, the defense can keep us in the game and Flacco can hit a few long passes and we can win 12 regular season games and 4 playoff games. Remember, we won our last Super Bowl game with a much worse offense than we will probably have with Flacco at QB.efense will keep us in the game and Flacco can hit on a few long TD

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              It’s actually Delvin White! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                It’s actually Delvin White! Lol
                LOL I spelled it wrong in another post... I if can get that kid look out our D will be nasty good!!!
                sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Is the Delvin better then Roquan or CJ? How would you rank those 3

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                    I personally would rank it CJ, White, and Smith. I am only putting White over Smith because of college stats. But all three are good

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                      Mosley is a top LBer in the league. the only backer i can think of that should be conversations with best in the nfl is keuchley with mosley. outside of Keuchley i can't think of a LBer better then mosley currently

Smith had a really good season .when i compare to Smith or White. i feel White has a Higher Ceiling But Lower FLoor. i also feel that SMith is more well rounded Technical with great athletic ability. but White is a complete freak but his technique is meh.

you would also have to sell me Smith ahs been the best MLB from the last class. that Should go to D. Leonard.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                      X