Plan A, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan A, 2019

Let’s be honest.. nobody has a clue In hell on what Plan A is, and how our plan to both win now and invest in our future will pan out..

I side with those who feel that Flacco is merely the Keenum that Fangio wants. I don’t expect much production out of him, but won’t be surprised if he Orton’s out...

I feel that Flacco fulfills his new HC and OC’s safety net and that gives him cushion in Plan A...

What is Plan A??

My guess is Plan A is Lock.. at best we wait for Lock to fall for 10.. No trade ups.

In the event he doesn’t, Flacco gives our current coaching staff the veteran to roll with Plan B.

Plan B: BPA... Hopefully Devin White, or Greedy, or any other blue chip defensive player player.

Plan C: We get screwed out of a QB and top Defensive guy? We trade down...

Let’s not hope for Plan C..

What is Plan A for you?

My guess, its QB no matter what at 10

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      My guess, its QB no matter what at 10
      Doubt it, no general manager approaches the draft like this, not one that hangs around very long anyway. I believe you were saying this same thing a year ago ? Then Elway passed up on an obvious need for someone he thought was a better player, Chubb over Rosen and Allen. If Elway does end up taking a quarterback at 10, it will be because he believes that guy is the long-term answer, not just because he is a quarterback and is there at 10. Elway might be bad at drafting offensive players, but even I don't see him being so blatantly desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        Doubt it, no general manager approaches the draft like this, not one that hangs around very long anyway. I believe you were saying this same thing a year ago ? Then Elway passed up on an obvious need for someone he thought was a better player, Chubb over Rosen and Allen. If Elway does end up taking a quarterback at 10, it will be because he believes that guy is the long-term answer, not just because he is a quarterback and is there at 10. Elway might be bad at drafting offensive players, but even I don't see him being so blatantly desperate.
        I think he has a guy or 2 that he likes and I think he does what he needs to do to get one, jmo. Yeah, I thought he would have taken one last year.....so what obviously I dont have a crystal ball.

Bill's and Cardinals took the QBs you think are trash, did that make them desperate for taking them? They NEEDED a QB and snagged one. I say good for them for having the brass to take that chance.

Comment

OK, so we're talking about the Draft. Possibilities are: move up; move down; stay put; draft a QB; and, BPA. Are there other possibilities? Of course we have no clue which it is because letting everyone know the plan would be ill advised.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Plan A if if the QB Elways wants us available at 10 he takes him.

Plan B is trade down and let somebody come up for Murray or Jones, etc.

In Plan Bs scenario we trade back into the 20s and gain an extra 2nd this year and an extra 1st next year. I could see a team like Tennessee (thinking they’re only 1 player away) making a move like this. Then we get TJ Hockenson in the 20s and build the o-line in rounds 2-3. Armed with an extra 1st next year we move for Fromm, Tua or Herbert.

Comment

It's always going to be BPA AT A POSITION OF NEED. Elway has been pretty consistent with that philosophy. This Franchise has addressed the QB position, whether fans on a Message Board like it or not. So, if I were to guess, I'd guess a Tackle or a CB, because that's what Elway values. What I find interesting is to see if there is a run on QBs in the first 9 Picks (Haskins, Murray, and Lock) allowing a Top Talent to fall into our laps as Chubb fell to us last season.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I think he has a guy or 2 that he likes and I think he does what he needs to do to get one, jmo. Yeah, I thought he would have taken one last year.....so what obviously I dont have a crystal ball.

Bill's and Cardinals took the QBs you think are trash, did that make them desperate for taking them? They NEEDED a QB and snagged one. I say good for them for having the brass to take that chance.
                I have never referred to any players as trash, I don't do that. I didn't like Allen, I actually loved Rosen, he was the guy I would of took at 5. Last year is just an example though that if John Elway actually thought like you seem to believe, he would of made the move at quarterback. But maybe he knows that desperation in a search for a young quarterback in the draft is a recipe for failure, as he surely has seen league wide, and he has experienced himself. Also, those general managers made those picks at quarterback I bet because they liked that guy, not just because they played quarterback. This year though you have a much weaker group of options as well, making this thought process of just desperately taking a quarterback more unlikely.

Comment

I think plan A should be to build the trenches through the draft, preferably the oline but there is some insane talent in the interior pass rushing pool between Oliver, Gary, and Wilkins. Also some under the radar guys that may be available later like Zach Allen (I think his stock will soar as we get closer to the draft), Dexter Lawrence, Jeffrey Simmons, Gerald Willis, Rennel Wren, and even Raekwon Davis.

In most situations I’d advocate for swinging for a franchise QB but just like last year with Chubb, I don’t think you can pass up on a rare talent at another position unless it’s RB or WR.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    I have never referred to any players as trash, I don't do that. I didn't like Allen, I actually loved Rosen, he was the guy I would of took at 5. Last year is just an example though that if John Elway actually thought like you seem to believe, he would of made the move at quarterback. But maybe he knows that desperation in a search for a young quarterback in the draft is a recipe for failure, as he surely has seen league wide, and he has experienced himself. Also, those general managers made those picks at quarterback I bet because they liked that guy, not just because they played quarterback. This year though you have a much weaker group of options as well, making this thought process of just desperately taking a quarterback more unlikely.
                    Funny how you constantly refer to this class as weak and use desperate for a term if Denver drafts one. You or I have no idea If these kids will be busts or the best QB class ever. I think Elway does what he can to get Lock, there is just too much evidence hinting to it. We'll see if Elway is "desperate" come draft day

Comment

From a fan perspective, this one is tough to predict. I know we just traded for a QB, but unless one of the better ones fall a little (towards round 2), and we can trade up a little for him with our 2nd pick, I still see this as our #1 need. IF we are thinking long term...which for me, is the focus we should have.

If not....I'd love to land White, because we really need a quality ILB. Otherwise I would consider an Oliner.

But the offseason consists of two or more player acquisition processes.... the draft follows FA, and what we do in FA changes the mix, and yes, the needs. If for example we landed Mosley and an Oliner, I say QB for sure....followed by a CB. If no Oliner in FA, definitely one of our top 2 picks in the draft. But sure, get me Mosley, an Oliner, and maybe a CB in FA...and I am all over the best QB available....followed by BPA all the way!!
                      Last edited by CanDB; 02-21-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        From a fan perspective, this one is tough to predict. I know we just traded for a QB, but unless one of the better ones fall a little (towards round 2), and we can trade up a little for him with our 2nd pick, I still see this as our #1 need. IF we are thinking long term...which for me, is the focus we should have.

If not....I'd love to land White, because we really need a quality ILB. Otherwise I would consider an Oliner.

But the offseason consists of two or more player acquisition processes.... the draft follows FA, and what we do in FA changes the mix, and yes, the needs. If for example we landed Mosley and an Oliner, I say QB for sure....followed by a CB. If no Oliner in FA, definitely one of our top 2 picks in the draft. But sure, get me Mosley, an Oliner, and maybe a CB in FA...and I am all over the best QB available....followed by BPA all the way!!
                        I'm with ya, I want QB 1st and foremost but IF Elway passes AGAIN then I want White.....at least get the QB of the defense LOL

Comment

I think plan A is Lock ... either at 10 or trading up.

I think Elway will try to trade up for him if the cost isn't ridiculous otherwise he will take BPA.
                          sigpic
                          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Plan A should be to build along the line of scrimmage.

It seems that round one should be a defensive lineman.

Round two should be an offensive lineman.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I don’t think we trade up for Lock now that we have Flacco. If Lock falls to 10, Elway will take him, although I’d prefer to trade back with Dolphins or Redskins if we can snag their first this year and first next year if either are in love with Lock. That sets us nicely for a QB next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X