No announcement yet.

D.K. Metcalf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buccaneers will take this guy IMO. With Jackson and Humphries exiting the building, Metcalf and Evans would be awesome for the Bucs. With Howard emerging at TE, it would be a killer receiving combo for Winston.
    www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post
      Buccaneers will take this guy IMO. With Jackson and Humphries exiting the building, Metcalf and Evans would be awesome for the Bucs. With Howard emerging at TE, it would be a killer receiving combo for Winston.
      Good let them. He is slow when he makes cuts. Not a good route runner anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        my biggest worry with MEtcalf right now. with those number he should have been the best WR in at college and he wasn't and his production is really lacking in college.
        He was hurt his Freshman year and halfway through his senior year. Recovering from injuries is a process that can take time and game snaps to fully recover from. His sophomore year he had middling production but last year before he was hurt he was producing fairly solid numbers and big plays for being paired with another nfl wr prospect taking looks.
        Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Johnson is 6'5 238. Metcalf is 6'3 228. Johnson also ran a 4.33. So Metcalf is a little smaller, but the same speed. Not many guys their size can run that fast.
        First thing I thought of back when seeing dk was the cj comparison. And I agree that there is simply not very many humans that are that big/strong and can run that fast. Rare Alpha of alpha athlete.
        Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
        He is a very linear athlete, but I'm not on board with anyone who would lose to time brady in a 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. This shows his issues with starting and stopping and changing direction.

He would be my first pick in the, first guy off the bus, draft...
        For what its worth bradley chubb also had a poor 3 cone(7.37) and caused concern for many. Pff said something like “almost all elite nfl pass rushers had a 6.8 or under 3 cone”

A bit of apples to oranges but still illustrates that while dk’s 3 cone is something to consider, it isnt the concluding factor to say he wont be able to make cuts and change direction effectively. Also I believe Antonio Brown had a 3 cone nearly identical to Tom Brady so that kind of proves my point.

I like DK alot and think he will turn out to be special. I think he has a high floor as a decoy,big play threat, space opener. He has the upside of Julio or CJ...guys that get double covered and still come away with the ball. He complements what we have in the wR room perfectly.. we have an established reliable veteran reciever in sanders, sutton has the jump ball,big play threat aspects of the position down already (stupid fast 3 cone 6.5 as well), daesean was widely seen as the best rr in last years class, tim patrick is emerging and would finish out a gnarly top 5 players to roll with. Pair that with our young rbs and we have an exciting offense waiting for when we get that franchise qb.

I still would lean towards devin white or ed oliver but dk is right in the mix along with the tackles taylor and williams.

Comment

Working...
        X