Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 Prospects 2019

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-nfl-draft-20

It's a bit lengthy, so I will not print the entire 50 Top Prospects, but I will add some higher level comments:

FTR, the top 10 are as follows:
    1) Nick Bosa Edge
    2) Quinnen Williams DT
    3) Josh Allen Edge
    4) Christian Wilkins DT
    5) TJ Hoskenson TE
    6) Josh Jacobs RB
    7) Ed Oliver DT
    8) Rashan Gary Edge
    9) Devin White LB
    10) Andre Dillard OT

But if DJ's list is fairly solid, some things stand out:

1) Pass Rushers (Edge) are looking strong, including the most of any position in the top 50 (9), with 3 alone in the top 10.
    2) DTs are clearly available as well, with 6 overall, but like Edge, 3 in the top 10.
    3) There are 7 OTs, but only 3 in the top 38 picks.
    4) There are 6 CBs in the top 50, but not one until #24....which is pretty late given the usual strength of the position. There are but 3 Safeties as well, none in the top 26, which translates to a decent but not overwhelming year for Dbacks.
    5) Not really a strong skill position draft, with 4 QBs, 4 WRs and just 3 RBs (only 1 in the top 42 slots). Mind you there are 3 TEs, all in the top 25. And Kyler Murray is DJ's top ranked QB, which makes for a very interesting draft!
    6) Only 3 LBs (which adds to the value of Devin White). He will be sought out.

These comments only reflect the top 50, so it is unfair to characterize the depth and strength of any position. Top 50 is not even 2 rounds of talent. And we all know, a later 2nd rounder, or players in the next few rounds can be stars, or at least starters. Heck, even Undrafted players can make the grade.....and make it big!

But overall, if I stick to the positives.....if you are looking Edge, or DT, this could be a great year! DJ ranks those positions combined to having 10 of the top 22 players!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-nfl-draft-20

It's a bit lengthy, so I will not print the entire 50 Top Prospects, but I will add some higher level comments:

FTR, the top 10 are as follows:
    1) Nick Bosa Edge
    2) Quinnen Williams DT
    3) Josh Allen Edge
    4) Christian Wilkins DT
    5) TJ Hoskenson TE
    6) Josh Jacobs RB
    7) Ed Oliver DT
    8) Rashan Gary Edge
    9) Devin White LB
    10) Andre Dillard OT

But if DJ's list is fairly solid, some things stand out:

1) Pass Rushers (Edge) are looking strong, including the most of any position in the top 50 (9), with 3 alone in the top 10.
    2) DTs are clearly available as well, with 6 overall, but like Edge, 3 in the top 10.
    3) There are 7 OTs, but only 3 in the top 38 picks.
    4) There are 6 CBs in the top 50, but not one until #24....which is pretty late given the usual strength of the position. There are but 3 Safeties as well, none in the top 26, which translates to a decent but not overwhelming year for Dbacks.
    5) Not really a strong skill position draft, with 4 QBs, 4 WRs and just 3 RBs (only 1 in the top 42 slots). Mind you there are 3 TEs, all in the top 25. And Kyler Murray is DJ's top ranked QB, which makes for a very interesting draft!
    6) Only 3 LBs (which adds to the value of Devin White). He will be sought out.

These comments only reflect the top 50, so it is unfair to characterize the depth and strength of any position. Top 50 is not even 2 rounds of talent. And we all know, a later 2nd rounder, or players in the next few rounds can be stars, or at least starters. Heck, even Undrafted players can make the grade.....and make it big!

But overall, if I stick to the positives.....if you are looking Edge, or DT, this could be a great year! DJ ranks those positions combined to having 10 of the top 22 players!
    Devin White looks like a good pick at #10 to me.
    sigpic

Comment

Devin White to me is like taking a quarterback you like based on solely potential, for example the big arm. Devin White athletically is a great prospect, but his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired, and as much as he looks like he could be a perennial pro-bowler if everything clicks, I could just as easily see him struggling to find the field initially out of the gates. Also interesting to see a guy a lot of people want at 10 being rated number 34 in Greedy Williams. I strongly agree with that rating as he leaves way to much to be desired on the football field in terms of tackling, competitiveness, and consistency, I am really hoping we stay away from cornerback with that number 10 overall pick. Not shocked though to see quarterbacks rated at only 14, 18, 26, and 32 inside the top 32. We will see if the desperation of teams forces them to overdraft the guys at the top of this class, or they go where their true talent positions them amongst their peers.

Comment

Working...
      X