John Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Ross

The Bengals are shopping John Ross. I'm not huge on him but with a lot of people wanting us to draft a deep threat anyway, what would be a fair trade? I'd consider a 6th, maybe a 5th for him.

I agree with the compensation you listed. A 6th rounder seems like it would be worth the risk. Could be convinced to do a 5th. We badly need a guy who can take the top a defense, especially with Flacco and his arm.
    sigpic

Comment

He's the first player I trade for in Madden. lol

I would offer a 4th and conditional 5th next year.

Lindsay and Ross' elite speed would elevate Denver's O.

Then add Marquise Brown and Parris Campbell in the draft.

I can dream, right?

Sutton
      Ross
      Brown
      Campbell
      Lindsay

Comment

May not be too far off if they do decide to release sanders.

Comment

In two seasons (although he missed most of 2017) he has 21 catches for 210 yards. Yes there's 7 touchdowns, but how can you start 10 games and only have 21 catches?

I'd take a chance on him on a minimum contract if released, but I wouldn't give up anything for him, especially with his contract that he currently has. He's shown nothing to say he deserves that.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            In two seasons (although he missed most of 2017) he has 21 catches for 210 yards. Yes there's 7 touchdowns, but how can you start 10 games and only have 21 catches?
            Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton. Enough said lol. Jk yea that’s not a good look.

Comment

I'd offer DeMarcus Walker for John Ross if Fangio and Donatell believe Walker will continue to be a bad fit in their 3-4 scheme.

Walker is a hard worker according to LB Brandon Marshall, just can't find a position in the 3-4, and he was a very productive 4-3 DE in college. The Bengals might have had a pretty good grade on him and he's a perfect fit for their 4-man front as a base DE that can move inside on obvious passing situations, pretty much like Robert Ayers. I believe Walker should have played as a DE/DT on our nickel defense [which is a 4-man front] last season, but the damage is done and we have no idea what Fangio thinks about Walker's fit in his defense.

Ross caught 7 TDs last season. That's Demaryius Thomas and Sanders' TD production combined for the Broncos last season. The Broncos are looking for a speedster at WR, Scangarello learned a more aggressive version of the Shanahan/Kubiak offense from Kyle Shanahan and Flacco is more of a deep passer than a rhythm passer, so Ross is a player that makes sense for the team. Not to mention that the Broncos met with Ross before the 2017 draft and it looked like Elway was interested in him.

Swap players that need a fresh start and can still become productive and live up to their draft hype in the right situation.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                I'd offer DeMarcus Walker for John Ross if Fangio and Donatell believe Walker will continue to be a bad fit in their 3-4 scheme.

Walker is a hard worker according to LB Brandon Marshall, just can't find a position in the 3-4, and he was a very productive 4-3 DE in college. The Bengals might have had a pretty good grade on him and he's a perfect fit for their 4-man front as a base DE that can move inside on obvious passing situations, pretty much like Robert Ayers. I believe Walker should have played as a DE/DT on our nickel defense [which is a 4-man front] last season, but the damage is done and we have no idea what Fangio thinks about Walker's fit in his defense.

Ross caught 7 TDs last season. That's Demaryius Thomas and Sanders' TD production combined for the Broncos last season. The Broncos are looking for a speedster at WR, Scangarello learned a more aggressive version of the Shanahan/Kubiak offense from Kyle Shanahan and Flacco is more of a deep passer than a rhythm passer, so Ross is a player that makes sense for the team. Not to mention that the Broncos met with Ross before the 2017 draft and it looked like Elway was interested in him.

Swap players that need a fresh start and can still become productive and live up to their draft hype in the right situation.
                Rod.....good to see ya!!

Comment

John Ross is an interesting player. He definitely has the speed to take the top off and Flacco has the arm to make defenses legitimately fear the deep ball. In theory it should open up lanes underneath for Sutton as they’ll almost certainly have a safety shading over Ross. If they play the CB off to have the safety help elsewhere then the short routes should be open. It should also open up running lanes particularly if we run a lot of playaction.

But this is also likely want the Bengals were thinking when they drafted Ross at 9. Although considering Scangarello had Goodwin in San Fran I could see Ross being a player he is interested in and someone that Sanders can really take under his wing and turn him into a dangerous receiver if he can stay healthy

Comment

My first thought is...why are they looking to part ways with a 9th overall pick 2 years in?

We parted ways with a 20ish pick 2 years in and he was an epic failure, is Ross?
                    sigpic

Comment

Flacco aint Dalton, but he ain't Rodgers. To me the move only makes sense if we are letting EM walk. But that is a lot of faith you are asking from a young receiver core with no proven vets on it. It would make sense, we are adding a need and filling a hole while eliminating EM's salary. We could also feel better about not having to use picks on WR, which I am all for cause I think with our current line up that is the least of our needs. However, my biggest worry would be the lack of experience and proven production going into the the year with Flacco and no vet WR to help the younger guys. This would be a huge concern of mine. I also would only do it if it were for a 5th or later. Not enough production to warrant any more.

The idea of Walker is intriguing, but I would prefer to keep him and see what the new staff can do with him. I think the old staff wouldn't know how to use Reggie White if they had him.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        My first thought is...why are they looking to part ways with a 9th overall pick 2 years in?

We parted ways with a 20ish pick 2 years in and he was an epic failure, is Ross?
                        My first thoughts exactly. But then I remembered, "its the Bengals and Mike Brown". It could be the new regime coming in or problems with the receiver after the old regime left. Could be many things. I definitely wouldn't be giving a hole bunch for him.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

According to NFL insider Benjamin Allbright, the Broncos plan on adding a speed demon wide receiver this offseason, to help take the top off of defenses.

Comment

Ross caught 36.2% of the targets he had this year. That's insanely bad. In his career he has 21 receptions on 60 targets. And for all of the speed he has, he averaged 10 yards per reception.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              Flacco aint Dalton, but he ain't Rodgers. To me the move only makes sense if we are letting EM walk. But that is a lot of faith you are asking from a young receiver core with no proven vets on it. It would make sense, we are adding a need and filling a hole while eliminating EM's salary. We could also feel better about not having to use picks on WR, which I am all for cause I think with our current line up that is the least of our needs. However, my biggest worry would be the lack of experience and proven production going into the the year with Flacco and no vet WR to help the younger guys. This would be a huge concern of mine. I also would only do it if it were for a 5th or later. Not enough production to warrant any more.

The idea of Walker is intriguing, but I would prefer to keep him and see what the new staff can do with him. I think the old staff wouldn't know how to use Reggie White if they had him.
                              Why are you letting me go?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X