John Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In two seasons (although he missed most of 2017) he has 21 catches for 210 yards. Yes there's 7 touchdowns, but how can you start 10 games and only have 21 catches?

I'd take a chance on him on a minimum contract if released, but I wouldn't give up anything for him, especially with his contract that he currently has. He's shown nothing to say he deserves that.
    beyond the injury the first season, it could be the other guy in town took a lot of the targets, I was a huge Calvin Johnson fan too but when he left Detroit, Stafford distributed the ball way better. Maybe that is the case with Green in cinci too?
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Speed is a little overrated for receivers. Don't get me wrong, if you just want a guy to run go routes, then yes speed is a must. But a slow receiver who runs great routes and can get in and out of his breaks quickly is way better than a guy with pure speed who runs poor routes.

A good example of that is Jerry Rice, he ran a reported 4.71 in his 40, but he ran terrific crisp routes and no one ever thought of him as a slow receiver.
      This is definitely true, I think I remember reading some stupid stat about Jerry that he could run the exact same 40 split in pads as he could out of pads... Whereas guys like lelie ran a blistering 40 and then slowed down quite a bit in pads, and couldn't catch lol.
      GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Speed is a little overrated for receivers. Don't get me wrong, if you just want a guy to run go routes, then yes speed is a must. But a slow receiver who runs great routes and can get in and out of his breaks quickly is way better than a guy with pure speed who runs poor routes.

A good example of that is Jerry Rice, he ran a reported 4.71 in his 40, but he ran terrific crisp routes and no one ever thought of him as a slow receiver.
        The difference between a 4.5 player and a 4.3 player at 40 yards is negligible. Fluid hips are important for running routes. I don’t think Ross ran the 3 cone but he posted a pretty bad shuttle time considering his size. This might be why he’s been so unproductive

Comment

Joe Flacco was at his best when he had the option of throwing it deep to Jacoby Jones, maybe John Ross could fill that role in the offense ? I know one thing, if Drew Lock is drafted, he loves to try and take the top of the defense, and he relies on the deep ball, so adding a legitimate deep threat would be very beneficial to his potential development if he was the pick. Emmanuel Hall, Locks Missouri team mate should be available in the middle-late rounds also, that is an option I would be more interested in though.

Comment

John Ross for late round pick sounds good. But if we don't get him I would love to have Andy Isabella in the draft. I think this guy is going to be really special.

Comment

Working...
            X