No announcement yet.

Devin White @ 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are fortunate to have a higher pick than Indy and Cleveland as they would select white in the first round IMO. Collins is unlikely to be franchised by the Giants. Same with Mosley. Two big time LB's in FA and where they land will likely determine the path we take in the draft. I'd take Metcalf at 10 if White is off the board.

Collins to Indy and Mosley to Denver or Cleveland. Surely you would still steer clear of the Raiders, regardless of the $$$ on offer?
    www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post
      We are fortunate to have a higher pick than Indy and Cleveland as they would select white in the first round IMO. Collins is unlikely to be franchised by the Giants. Same with Mosley. Two big time LB's in FA and where they land will likely determine the path we take in the draft. I'd take Metcalf at 10 if White is off the board.

Collins to Indy and Mosley to Denver or Cleveland. Surely you would still steer clear of the Raiders, regardless of the $$$ on offer?
      Collins is a safety.....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
        Why? We have other needs we should adress with our 1st pick.
        to get 2 very good prospects at ILB. I agree that we have other needs but Devin White looks like the best player to me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
          I'd rather get the best player available that fits a need or get a franchise QB
          I agree... cps
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            Fangio makes the statement that Denver "needs a new inside backer or 2"......then a meets with White at the combine today.

I know they will meet with all kinds of 1st round talent while in Indy but his ties to great LBs everywhere hes been makes this one seem more serious to me
            Fangio being a LB guy and then having Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and possibly Devin White to work with? Holy smokes.

Not a guarantee of anything, I get the concerns brought up in this thread. We also have to address the future at QB. Flip a second this year and pick up an extra 1st next year? That'll give us ammo for a franchise QB. Either way, should be fun to see.
            You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

I am a Michigan fan as well as a Broncos fan. What does White do better then Bush? I personally want Devin Bush in a trade back. One other intersesting fact is Vic was on Harbaughs staff in SF. So I am sure he knows exactly what he would be getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdtimm View Post
                I am a Michigan fan as well as a Broncos fan. What does White do better then Bush? I personally want Devin Bush in a trade back. One other intersesting fact is Vic was on Harbaughs staff in SF. So I am sure he knows exactly what he would be getting.
                better length and he sheds blockers better. i'd rated bush as a better tackler.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Thank you for the insight. I read that Bush was a better tackler as well. I guess I don't see after the combine a huge difference between the two. One comparison I read said White had higher ceiling as he is just learning the position. While Bush had the higher floor. Either way I hope Denver goes Defense with first pick, too much high end talent.

Comment

Imagine being an ILB in the upcoming draft knowing you have Miller, Chubb and Fangio to work with? You'd be foaming at the mouth to go to the Broncos!
                    www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by Pdtimm View Post
                      Thank you for the insight. I read that Bush was a better tackler as well. I guess I don't see after the combine a huge difference between the two. One comparison I read said White had higher ceiling as he is just learning the position. While Bush had the higher floor. Either way I hope Denver goes Defense with first pick, too much high end talent.
                      if white goes top 5. bush may end up in the 10-15. Fangio has worked with smaller Lbers and succeeded with them AKa Sam Mills. he also values tackling so i wouldn't rule out bush at all. plus Bush's tape is really good i feel. White is still a work in progess and a bit of a work out warrior. Bush actually looked really good and was a natural leader at Michigan. i am not sure i can say the same with White.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                        I have seen the video and agree that it is very good. My other concern with White is that ILB is not a premium draft spot or pay for most teams. If we pick someone at #10, I hope it is not a guy that has several attributes "that need to be coached out of him"

I don't think White will be a bust, although there is always a possibility. I think there is a legitimate chance he will be average or below average. If we pick an ILB at #10 we need him to be a perennial pro bowler. I would take almost any other position before ILB given our needs across the board. I think we could use an upgrade at almost every position (Edge rusher an obvious exception).
                        Brett Kollman also thought Brock Osweiler was going to be a franchise QB with the Texans, so there's that for his "in-depth" analysis. He makes a lot of observations, but how relevant they are to the overall picture hasn't been proven.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                          What are some of the sources you've looked at? I honestly hadn't heard those criticisms of him. Here's one report that is sort of the opposite.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019dwhite.php
                          Weaknesses

Instincts are very average
                          Can be fooled by key fakes and misdirection
                          Coaxed out of position two different times by the same run play versus Alabama
                          Diagnosis can run behind
                          Too many false steps in initial movement
                          Gets caught behind climbing linemen and doesn't always fight to disengage
                          Not a natural knee-bender in space
                          Running backs consistently finish under his pads
                          Take-on technique needs plenty of work
                          Uses shoulder challenges with hands as an afterthought
                          Misses tackles when footwork and scrape balance get too loose
                          Hard flows to sideline lack leverage and patience
                          Relatively unchallenged as a coverage option

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/devin-...e-8aace4ba0d48

Comment

Strengths

Shorter legs, longer torso improves center of gravity
                            Well put together with excellent musculation throughout his limbs
                            Unorthodox, but finds the football
                            Voracious student of the game
                            Major spikes in production over last two seasons
                            Quick-twitch trigger with big burst to close
                            Shoots gaps looking to makes plays into the backfield
                            Quick sink and drive for effective change of direction
                            Agility to sift from gap to gap to track bouncing runners
                            Lose upper body to spin and pivot around moving blocks
                            Weight-room champ with impressive strength numbers across the board
                            Pursuit speed closes the gap allowing for additional tackle opportunities
                            Aggressive and purposeful in tugging the ball loose from running backs
                            Active hands in space to challenge throws in space
                            sigpic

Comment

Devin White is still learning to play LB, you have to remember he was a RB coming to college. He still reads plays like a RB and that’s where a lot of his weaknesses come from

Comment

Well, crap. After that speed in the 40 at the combine I'm worried that he wo't be there at #10. And it's not like I've got a draft crush on the guy. I just thought he'd be good value at our pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X