Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Landon Collins be a good FA signing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    No we don't. Cravens shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, he is heartless, soft, and never proven to be even a decent player in the NFL, he is a bust. Simmons, he is athletic, but has made a couple flash plays in what, 3 years ? The guy struggles to tackle in the open field, he is constantly out of position, he needs to be a lot better to continue to enter off-seasons as the locked in starter. And then Parks, I have a lot of hope for. He has that aggressive make up of a safety I like, he can tackle, he is athletic, but hasn't really got a chance in the NFL as anything more than a part time player. I hope Parks gets a shot to play under Fangio, but outside of him, I don't like our safety group at all.
    This is an honest analysis of how these players stand today. The only one of the three listed players that has shown anything to build on is Parks. Simmons is athletic but he consistently blows coverage assignments at the safety position and is a weak tackler as the last line of defense. He may be better suited as a CB.

Cravens has shown nothing to this point and shouldn't be considered a solution to covering Tight Ends until he can show it on the field. I would love Collins here but I think he is going to cost too much. I absolutely think we need to add an impact safety in FA or the draft.
    Last edited by JW7; 03-06-2019, 12:27 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Stewart was released. I think we all saw this coming. Saves $3.6m on the cap this year.

Comment

I think Collins is the second best Safety in this FA class. However, with the amount of safeties out there....this is a sit and wait for who is left due to supply relative to demand. I think we could wait till after the Draft and end up signing Eric Weddle for cheap. The teams that are going to pay the most are the teams that bite on Collins, Earl Thomas and maybe honeybadger. I think the rest aren't going to sign early unless a team overpays for them...when they shouldn't since the supply outweighs the demand.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

6yrs 84mil to the Skins

Comment

well the skins over pay for collins.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
            X