• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver bringing in Amos and James?

Sources close to Elway say:

#38 Horace Richardson
    #70 Sam jones

Have been asked to change numbers.

Does that pave the way for Adrian Amos (#38) and Ja'Wuan James? (#70)

Those would be two great signings!!!

Comment

I don’t get the love for Amos... he is a middling safety that might get way over paid in FA. Yes he has had success in the coach’s system.. and could mentor players on it.. but I would hate to overpay a safety that’s doesn’t bring a lot of upgrade.

Maybe the old vet safeties on the free agent market will soak up money and he will be cheaper..

And James? A RT that has been injured 3/4 years? He has been graded as middle-of-the-pack with respect to run blocking over his career ranking 16th best since 2016. He wants top money meaning 10 /year.

I say no sir.
      Last edited by EddieMac; 03-08-2019, 09:50 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

It would be a good start to the free agency period. Better than theyve had in quite some time.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I hope they can cover the OL and DL in free agency and use the draft to get a good MLB and CB or two. Losing Roby and Langley will hurt our CB group.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            I don’t get the love for Amos... he is a middling safety that might get way over paid in FA. Yes he has had success in the coach’s system.. and could mentor players on it.. but I would hate to overpay a safety that’s doesn’t bring a lot of upgrade.

Maybe the old vet safeties on the free agent market will soak up money and he will be cheaper..

And James? A RT that has been injured 3/4 years? He has been graded as middle-of-the-pack with respect to run blocking over his career ranking 16th best since 2016. He wants top money meaning 10 /year.

I say no sir.
            No different than Stewart, was never elite but a good enough support the team, Amos is just a younger version
            Last edited by EddieMac; 03-08-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Adrian Amos looked fantastic last season. He graded out as a top 10 safety across the board by all ranking sites, so I don't see why we wouldn't want him here. He probably isn't going to cost as much as most think based on how saturated the S market is this year, and he's also familiar with Fangio's defense. I say sign more Bears defensive players if you get the chance. Callahan and Lynch - let's get them here.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

I say no sir.
                Of the 80 games he could have stated, James missed 18 of them. I don't see him as injury prone as you do either, he has been injured 2 years out of his 5 year playing, and in those two years he still started 7 and 8 games each.
                Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-08-2019, 10:14 AM.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Adrian Amos looked fantastic last season. He graded out as a top 10 safety across the board by all ranking sites, so I don't see why we wouldn't want him here. He probably isn't going to cost as much as most think based on how saturated the S market is this year, and he's also familiar with Fangio's defense. I say sign more Bears defensive players if you get the chance. Callahan and Lynch - let's get them here.
                  Agreed - Amos is really good in coverage and can hit. He knows the defense and it would be huge to have someone direct the rest of DBs who knows the system. Out of all players we can get in Free Agency, Amos makes the most sense by a mile.
                  sigpic

Comment

Amos is so underrated imo. Plus since he knows Vic system he can be a leader on the D on what his teammates assignments are and what Vic is expecting. It would be a good signing.

Comment

A visit from Mosely should already be lined up. We need him more than either of these guys.

Comment

I have always wanted Amos....

Comment

If we dont get Amos or any of the other top safeties Tashaun Gipson has just become a free agent and is still a solid player could be had for about 3-4 mill a season

Comment

Let's hope so.

Adding these 2 plus Mosley and a CB!

-GB2

Comment

Osemele let go today by Raiders by chance? He's a 70.
                              2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X