Pre-Free Agency Mock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Free Agency Mock!

So, after the Keenum move I have the Broncos sitting at roughly 40 mill in cap space.

Free Agent Signings;

WR Adam Humphries (3 yrs 15 mill)
    We have already been linked to him. I think Elway wants to give Joe Cool a safety valve in the slot with Sanders and Sutton outside, then Hamilton will serve as the #4 guy.

RT Ja'Waun James (4 yrs 32 mill)
    Again, we've been linked to him. I think Munch can make a LT out of Bolles and he showed flashes last year. James will give us the RT we've been missing.

NT Johnathan Hankins (1 yr 4 mill)
    We sign him to a 1 year "prove it" type deal. Our defensive line with him, Harris, Wolfe, Gotsis, and Walker should be pretty stout. We currently don't have a true NT, Hankins fills that role.

ILB Jordan Hicks (5 yrs 50 mill)
    Mosely goes back to Baltimore so we settle for Hicks. He will be a definite upgrade over Marshall or Davis. Hicks is a smart, sideline to sideline LB who excels in coverage. He is the anchor of our defense for the next 5 years.

S Adrian Amos (4 yrs 28 mill)
    It looks like this is going to happen. Amos gives us a smart, instinctive safety manning the middle who knows Fangio's defense. The polluted safety market drives his value down a little, we get him at a bargain.

So after those signings we have roughly 7-8 million left in cap space. We might need to get creative to sign our draft class. Heading into the draft we still need; QB, TE, G, CB badly.

Draft;

*TRADE*
    The Tennessee Titans fall in love with WR D.K. Metcalf and have to have him, so they give up a King's ransom to slide into our spot to nab him.

Tennessee gets;
    Our 2019 1st (#10)

Denver gets;
    Tenn 2019 1st (#19)
    Tenn 2019 2nd (#51)
    Tenn 2019 4th (#122)
    Tenn 2020 2nd (TBA)

After this trade, here is how we draft;

1. (#19) TE T.J. Hockenson (Iowa)
    Scangarello gets his guy. George Kittle made the 49ers offense go and Hock is a clone of Kittle. Big, fast, strong, great hands, and a solid blocker. Hockenson is the total package. Great pick here by Elway!

2. (#41) ILB Mack Wilson (Alabama)
    We get an absolute steal here. When this pick rolls around and Wilson is still available Fangio pounds the table and Elway suffices. Him and Hicks will form an elite duo for the next 5 years to go with Von and Chubb on the outside, look out.

2. (#51)* CB Julian Love (Notre Dame)
    This is the guy Elway wanted at 41, but he's still available at 51. We neglected the CB position in FA but start to address it here. Harris, Love, and Yiadom make for a solid trio.

3. (#72) G Michael Dieter (Wisconsin)
    Can't go wrong with a Badger linemen. Deiter can come in and compete with Turner right away for that starting RG spot, assuming McGovern remains at Center.

4. (#122)* CB Rock Ya-Sin (Temple)
    Elway double dips on CB and grabs another talented but overlooked guy in Sin. I will be very confident in what we have if we can nab him and Love in this draft.

4. (#126)* QB Clayton Thorson (Northwestern)
    Could see this kind of pick here. Elway seems convinced Flacco is his guy for at least this year. We need a #2 QB and someone to groom behind Joe, Thorson is smart and will pick up the playbook quickly. Reminds me of a more athletically gifted version of Trevor Siemien, and I will take that as my #2 QB any day.

5. (#149) OT Bobby Evans (Oklahoma)
    We add o-line depth here. Evans has traditionally played tackle but has the strength to move inside if needed.

5. (#157)* ILB Tre Watson (Maryland)
    After neglecting this position for years Elway over-compensates and goes hard for it. Watson will be a valuable ST guy and eventually replace Davis as our #3 ILB.

6. (#183) NT Daylon Mack (Tex A&M)
    Doubt he falls this far, but an absolute steal if he does.

7. (#239)* QB Kyle Shurmur (Vanderbilt)
    Someone to compete with Hogan for that #3 spot on the roster.

There ya go. We address every hole and build an absolute elite defense. If Thorson or Shurmur just don't look the part we are armed with an extra 2nd rounder in 2020 to help us sell the farm for Fromm, Herbert, or Tua.

I personally want Lock @ 10. HOWEVER.......you double dipped @ QB and I'm liking what you did and who you did it for. You also double dipped @ ILB which I actually believe WIIL HAPPEN ! If Lock and Taylor are gone @ 10.....then I agree with a trade back..... and Hockenson is a great choice @ 19....provided he's there. {ps, I feel we have a nice tight end hiding on IR from last year} Hockenson would be great for Flacco and the Oline. My only real issue here......is we need a QUALITY corner to pair up with Chris. Jury is out on Yiadom, he hurt his shoulder {separated} and..... hopefully he greatly improves on his rookie year. Showed promise, but did make a number of whiffs. I'm not great at knowing schemes and I'm not that knowledgeable on how/what Fangio and Donetell expect from their corners......but I gotta believe we need more than an aging but great corner in Chris.....a questionable 2nd year corner coupled with a Notre Dame rookie. Other than that criticism.....I think you've done well. Wait, I see you double dipped at corner too. Who knows....maybe you nailed the whole thing :-)
    Last edited by skeeter01; 03-09-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I really like it even though I don’t believe in drafting TE in the first. Julian Love pick will be a steal. That being said, our CB depth would be very weak unless love shines right away.

Comment

Don't think we'll be able to get Juwan James for 8 million per year.

I'd be ecstatic with that FA class, and draft, though.

Comment

I dont mind te at 19. I just would have my doubts about a team giving up 4 picks for a wr. I like the quality and quantity of holes being filled

Is there good punter in the draft we can bring in for competition? I wasnt impressed with it last year
          Last edited by armedequation; 03-09-2019, 06:11 PM.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Honestly, if this happened, I would be over the moon, incredible job on this one in my opinion. Firstly, free agency, reasonable contract for Hankins, he fills a hole and makes us better. James, I wouldn't sign him, I'd prefer a rookie tackle, but again, he fills a hole and improves the team. Hicks, I wouldn't sign him for that much, but again, he fills a hole, and makes us better. Amos, I'll repeat myself, he fills a hole and makes us better. I don't know if we could sign all five of those guys, but I would be happy with Hicks, Amos, and Hankins, they would drastically give us the infusion of talent we need on defense.

On the draft, I won't complain to see Hockenson added to this team at any spot, he is the safest pick in my opinion, and I think he is a top 10 tight-end for the next decade. The next legit 4 picks, again, I would be over the moon with. Michael Dieter is going to be a stud in my opinion, he has everything you want in a guard, and I think he could be a surprise 1st round pick come April. I love addressing cornerback and linebacker with talented prospects in those middle rounds as well, I love it, all of it, best mock I have seen.

Comment

Cant deiter play either guard or center too or am i thinking of someone else?
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

That is him, also has experience at left tackle, but he is a great guard. He is the ideal guy to have on the team in my opinion, he has so much versatility, and in the case of injuries, he would be a great piece to have. I think he is a day 1 starter, and a day 1 immediate impact player in the NFL, he ticks every box in my opinion. Hockenson, and Dieter are my 2 favourite prospects available in this draft.

A 54-game starter at Wisconsin, Deiter made 24 starts at left guard, 16 at center and 14 and left tackle but his best fit at the next level comes at guard where his mobility and play strength is maximized but his lack of length is less of a concern. Showing steady improvement throughout his career, Deiter capped his career numerous accolades including being named the Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2018. Given his experience in a pro-style system and technical refinement, Deiter has the makings of an early starter in the NFL that is productive in every aspect of the position.

Comment

Instead of Humphries I would go get Jesse James who has experience with Munchak. Love the rest of free agency though. I’m not a big fan of mock drafts involving trades but love Hockenson
                  sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                  UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

I'd like Lock at 10 but as a hawks fan I'd love Hockensen in the 1st. If we dont go Qb in the 1st though I'd like to get Stidham in the 3rd if he is still there
                    Edit: or trade for Rosen if he really is on the trade block
                    Last edited by Orangecrush21; 03-10-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      That is him, also has experience at left tackle, but he is a great guard. He is the ideal guy to have on the team in my opinion, he has so much versatility, and in the case of injuries, he would be a great piece to have. I think he is a day 1 starter, and a day 1 immediate impact player in the NFL, he ticks every box in my opinion. Hockenson, and Dieter are my 2 favourite prospects available in this draft.
                      Yeah hes one id love to pick up. Especially with paradis being up in the air and how our line has been
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Prefer Greedy Williams or Baker CB at 19 over a TE.

Will also like to see a Center taken in the 2nd or late first round.

Comment

I think ILB is one of our biggest needs. There are very few ILB in the draft worth taking in the first 2 or 3 rounds. I was wondering what you thought of converting a safety to ILB. Craven and Carter both are bigger safeties and both would have better coverage skills than Davis or Jewell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                            I think ILB is one of our biggest needs. There are very few ILB in the draft worth taking in the first 2 or 3 rounds. I was wondering what you thought of converting a safety to ILB. Craven and Carter both are bigger safeties and both would have better coverage skills than Davis or Jewell.
                            I convert Cravens to LB on Madden and it works out fine.
                            I end up releasing him the following year but he's serviceable for the year. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X