Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Regarding FA 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If this happens, I really believe we go Lock in one. Filing some voids in FA/Trades sets you up for the future in the draft (that is, beyond year one), and QBs are the future not the now, with a few exceptions.

    Then again....Elway sure is "Raven" about Mr Flacco!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      If this happens, I really believe we go Lock in one. Filing some voids in FA/Trades sets you up for the future in the draft (that is, beyond year one), and QBs are the future not the now, with a few exceptions.

      Then again....Elway sure is "Raven" about Mr Flacco!!
      Possibly. If we do get Darron Lee, it would be for a one year rental. So the question would be whether or not the FO is satisfied with Lee at the position, or if they'll still need to draft an elite replacement like Bush, or a developmental prospect like Cashman in the later rounds.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        Possibly. If we do get Darron Lee, it would be for a one year rental. So the question would be whether or not the FO is satisfied with Lee at the position, or if they'll still need to draft an elite replacement like Bush, or a developmental prospect like Cashman in the later rounds.
        I like to think that we can land a good ILB by round two. Maybe move up a shade to secure one of the better ones.

        You make a good point though.:thumb:

        Comment


        • If we get Lee, I like the thought of Lock in round 1 and Mack Wilson at #41. We still need to find space for a guard and NT though.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            If we get Lee, I like the thought of Lock in round 1 and Mack Wilson at #41. We still need to find space for a guard and NT though.
            Can we consider waiting on an Oliner til 3 and a NT next? I am not a huge fan of interior Dliners early, because they are often a 2-3 year project.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              If this happens, I really believe we go Lock in one. Filing some voids in FA/Trades sets you up for the future in the draft (that is, beyond year one), and QBs are the future not the now, with a few exceptions.

              Then again....Elway sure is "Raven" about Mr Flacco!!
              I think Bradbury becomes a dark horse at #10 if we trade for Lee. Plug and play starter that fixes a huge hole.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • I would love to grab Lee for a 5th MAYBE a 4th. I almost died laughing right now on Reddit where jets fans they are talking Lee for Von.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Possibly. If we do get Darron Lee, it would be for a one year rental. So the question would be whether or not the FO is satisfied with Lee at the position, or if they'll still need to draft an elite replacement like Bush, or a developmental prospect like Cashman in the later rounds.
                  i feel if you trade for lee you have to pick up the option. so 2 year rental.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    Allbright hinting that Denver may be trying to trade for Darron Lee

                    He'd be a good pick up!! I wont say great because he did take a step back last year and was suspended but he is great in coverage. Plus, hed only cost Denver around 1.8 mil this season....dirt cheap
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RandyNWK View Post
                      I would love to grab Lee for a 5th MAYBE a 4th. I almost died laughing right now on Reddit where jets fans they are talking Lee for Von.
                      Some of those guys were too hopeful haha. General consensus is that he sucks and a 5th or 6th sounds realistic.

                      Lots of speed and young. Hopeful our coaches can do something with him. We seem to do a good job unearthing LBs for a while here in Denver though. Should be interesting.
                      You've got to know when to sack em...

                      Comment


                      • IMO I don’t think Denver isnt thinking about QB at 10. You say Flacco is hitting his prime and has many years left to play. The way Elway was drooling at the press conference makes me think he doesn’t view Flacco as a short term/ bridge QB. Plus, I can’t see them telling Flacco how he’s the guy then draft his replacement with the 10th. Elway is in win now mode for the next 3 years. I see him going DL if we land Lee. That would complete this defense.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                          IMO I don’t think Denver isnt thinking about QB at 10. You say Flacco is hitting his prime and has many years left to play. The way Elway was drooling at the press conference makes me think he doesn’t view Flacco as a short term/ bridge QB. Plus, I can’t see them telling Flacco how he’s the guy then draft his replacement with the 10th. Elway is in win now mode for the next 3 years. I see him going DL if we land Lee. That would complete this defense.
                          Either that or perhaps he’s filling as many holes as he can now so he can trade this years first for a first next season.

                          Two first in next years draft would be huge!


                          Also I will say, depending on what Tampa does at 5 will determine whether Devin White or Ed Oliver falls to 10 but one of them will fall to 10.
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-19-2019, 07:19 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Who do we have at ILB right now? Jewell and anybody else? Do we still have Todd Davis? I can't even keep straight who has left and who hasn't.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
                              Some of those guys were too hopeful haha. General consensus is that he sucks and a 5th or 6th sounds realistic.

                              Lots of speed and young. Hopeful our coaches can do something with him. We seem to do a good job unearthing LBs for a while here in Denver though. Should be interesting.
                              Good coverage LBs are hard to find and Lee is good in coverage, I think he could fetch a 4th. The kid has only played LB for 5 years as he was a QB in high school. He’s still putting everything together as a LB. He’s actually pretty similar to Devin White in that regard.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
                                Who do we have at ILB right now? Jewell and anybody else? Do we still have Todd Davis? I can't even keep straight who has left and who hasn't.
                                Todd Davis
                                Josey Jewell
                                AJ Johnson
                                Kieshawn Bierria
                                Joe Jones
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X