Zach Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Brown

Dang it Elway sign somebody. This dude is rated by PFF as the #3 LB and can probably be had for less than 5 mill per year. I am sick and tired of ILB being neglected, do something already. The Skins just released him, go get him.

It could very well be that White or Bush or Wilson are a legitimate target in the draft. With Fangio at the helm I guess I'm not quite so concerned if we dont sign a top free agent. I also am a big Jewell fan too so I think we only need one guy to go along side him

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      It could very well be that White or Bush or Wilson are a legitimate target in the draft. With Fangio at the helm I guess I'm not quite so concerned if we dont sign a top free agent. I also am a big Jewell fan too so I think we only need one guy to go along side him
      Yeah I’m thinking more and more that it looks like we will be getting white or bush and go QB next year. Ride it out with Flacco

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Originally posted by Montoya View Post
        Yeah I’m thinking more and more that it looks like we will be getting white or bush and go QB next year. Ride it out with Flacco
        White won’t be on the board for us without a trade up. So they can’t assune they can get their guy via draft.

That said the OP needs to be patient. Two major signings have already occurred. Not everything is filled via free agency.

The team cap is blow $20 mil and $10 of that is reserved for rookies. So we don’t have much left to spend.
        sigpic

Comment

If Over the Cap is correct we currently have $23 mil including the Kareem Jackson contract.

But it doesn’t subtract Bmarsh or add Juwann James. The difference is about $4 mil and not in our favor.

Which leaves about $19 mil once free agency officially opens this afternoon and numbers become official.

They can still sign someone else but it’s not much space to do damage.

A lot of times those lower tier signings that the OP is referencing don’t occur until several days after the new league year begins as the non elite players don’t tend to rush into their next contracts as fast.
          sigpic

Comment

I just want us to fill some holes so we can be flexible during the draft. Going into the draft with multiple needs is a bad strategy. I guess living in Ohio and being surrounded by Browns fans has me anxious. Their GM is absolutely killing it, while ours is not. Lot of great players signed on affordable contracts at positions of need.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              I just want us to fill some holes so we can be flexible during the draft. Going into the draft with multiple needs is a bad strategy. I guess living in Ohio and being surrounded by Browns fans has me anxious. Their GM is absolutely killing it, while ours is not. Lot of great players signed on affordable contracts at positions of need.
              They also have the cap space to back that up too

Comment

An ILB? Every year it's the same thing on this Board. "Spend a #1 pick on an ILB " when everyone knows that Elway doesn't value that position over QB, CB, Tackle, and pass rusher. And every year the "fans" are disappointed.

If White is available at #10, and if Elway believes this guy is the BPA at a less valuable position, maybe this will be the year for those fans!

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                  An ILB? Every year it's the same thing on this Board. "Spend a #1 pick on an ILB " when everyone knows that Elway doesn't value that position over QB, CB, Tackle, and pass rusher. And every year the "fans" are disappointed.

If White is available at #10, and if Elway believes this guy is the BPA at a less valuable position, maybe this will be the year for those fans!
                  No one in here is clamoring for an ILB at 10. The thread title is for an ILB via free agency. And someone simply said that may not happen in free agency is the brass is eyeing certain guys in the draft.

To which I replied would be a mistake for them to assume they’ll be available at 10.

But the original OP idea is to solve it via free agents not draft.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    Generally teams with as many holes as ours do not fill all the holes in one offseason. You can only do so much in free agency and then have to do your best to fill the remaining holes via draft.

But it’s very likely we will go into the season with some big holes at some positions. Every team does that. The Browns have made some major moves but it’s going to take way more than Sheldon Richardson to fix that nosebleed defense. Especially after giving up Peppers and their first round pick. And not landing Earl Thomas.

You ask me the Browns got better on offense but the same or worse on defense. And don’t have a first round pick either.

That said it’s Fangio and the staffs job to strategize a way to mask the remaining holes after the draft. Belichek is notorious for successfully doing this by December with what appears to be massive nosebleeds in September.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      White won’t be on the board for us without a trade up. So they can’t assune they can get their guy via draft.

That said the OP needs to be patient. Two major signings have already occurred. Not everything is filled via free agency.

The team cap is blow $20 mil and $10 of that is reserved for rookies. So we don’t have much left to spend.
                      I agree, Tampa will take White at 5. We could get Devon Bush but I think we should trade back with the redskins at that point and try to secure an extra first for next year but Elway most likely isn’t thinking that far ahead.

The skins want to move up, what better way to get another first in a QB heavy draft next season!!
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-13-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        I agree, Tampa will take White at 5. We could get Devon Bush but I think we should trade back with the redskins at that point and try to secure an extra first for next year but Elway most likely isn’t thinking that far ahead.

The skins want to move up, what better way to get another first in a QB heavy draft next season!!
                        Can’t see us getting an extra first next year for them to move up 5 spaces will most likely be a third this year if they was to do it

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                          Can’t see us getting an extra first next year for them to move up 5 spaces will most likely be a third this year if they was to do it
                          Not saying you are doing this but people have to quit looking at the trade value charts when discussing potential trades. Teams needing to move up almost always have to give up more than the trade charts suggest to move up. Especially when targeting a qb.

Just because the trade charts don’t suggest it doesn’t mean a team wanting to go up 5 spots won’t offer an additional first to go up and get their guy. Especially if it’s a bidding war with Miami.

We may not garner their 2020 first round but I gaurantee it would be more than their third. I would think it would cost them their 2019 second round pick if I’m being honest.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd like us to go get Brown mostly because I want to target Lock at 10

Comment

Sometimes you just have to wait it out. A Lot of teams have blown their cash, so there is not much left for teams to spend. However, waiting another week you can get some good players on thous 1 year incentive deals. And Brown might be just one of those guys we get for like 2mil base guarantee the 2mill but a chance to earn 8mill with incentives.

Comment

Working...
                              X