Eric Berry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Berry

The chiefs release Eric berry. We still need a SS and this would be a great pickup. Even with his injury history we have young talent behind him. Plus what a slap in the face that would be. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-berry-9-years

I really am interested to see what kinda money he would cost. With his injury history it can’t be too much he is a top Safety when healthy

Comment

I would expect a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option for around $7-$8m. Older player coming off injuries. However, he comes back healthy he is a major steal. One of the few guys I’ve ever seen blanket and shutdown Gronk one on one.

Comment

Yup. That's exactly what I was thinking as well. And I would think that berry would want to come to a division rival after just being cut after 9 years.

Comment

I hope he comes to Denver his would be a great pick up.
          sigpic

Comment

If the money is right...bring him on!!!
            sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

He's played 3 games in two years and has played single digit games in four of his nine seasons. For the money he'll look for I'll pass.

Comment

No thanks, tired of bringing in players who we pay to not be on the field. We definitely have limited resources left in FA, I would prefer to be patient and use them elsewhere.
                Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-13-2019, 06:43 PM.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                  I really am interested to see what kinda money he would cost. With his injury history it can’t be too much he is a top Safety when healthy
                  Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                  If the money is right...bring him on!!!
                  Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                  I hope he comes to Denver his would be a great pick up.
                  Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  I would expect a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option for around $7-$8m. Older player coming off injuries. However, he comes back healthy he is a major steal. One of the few guys I’ve ever seen blanket and shutdown Gronk one on one.
                  Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  He's played 3 games in two years and has played single digit games in four of his nine seasons. For the money he'll look for I'll pass.
                  Hes been to the pro bowl 5 times in his 9 years with the team. So while he has been injured a lot, hes still been very productive otherwise.

Comment

We have $27 mil left to spend. It wouldnt cost a lot at all to acquire him because of his injury history. When healthy hes one of the best in the league. "For the right price" you've gotta consider him. It's like all the talk about peyton manning being done because of his neck surgeries and we sign him and he goes on and helps us to 2 superbowls.

Comment

Originally posted by daspeedster View Post
                      We have $27 mil left to spend. It wouldnt cost a lot at all to acquire him because of his injury history. When healthy hes one of the best in the league. "For the right price" you've gotta consider him. It's like all the talk about peyton manning being done because of his neck surgeries and we sign him and he goes on and helps us to 2 superbowls.
                      It would cost money plus a roster spot which could both be used better elsewhere.:2cents:
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Hes been to the pro bowl 5 times in his 9 years with the team. So while he has been injured a lot, hes still been very productive otherwise.
                        Great, is he 2016 Eric Berry? Because a player who's barely been on the field for 2 years and is 30 probably isn't going to be getting better.

Comment

Have you seen how much players are getting paid? The notion that he'll come cheap doesn't seem real at this point.

I would also say that When healthy he WAS one of the best int he league. But that was 3 years ago.

Comment

His play hasnt been the problem it's been his health.

Comment

He cannot demand a huge payoff because of his injury history. Denver can include protections into his contract where his contract wouldnt be a huge hit for us. Fact is, when hes healthy there arent any other FA safeties available that are better.

Comment

Working...
                              X