• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ McCarron

AJ McCarron released by Raiders

I think we should give him a look.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...on-in-oakland/
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

I wondered how fast this would happen after I saw he had been released. I would be interested as a backup, don't think he is starter material as some here thought last year.

Comment

Smh ever qb is not meant to play for Denver just bc he is released or is available. Smh
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Look at the QBs he was beaten out by in Buffalo. Not only did Nathan Peterman beat him out in Buffalo, but Oakland chose to keep Peterman over him.

Hard pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          Smh ever qb is not meant to play for Denver just bc he is released or is available. Smh
          Well, Joe Flacco is our starting QB.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
            Well, Joe Flacco is our starting QB.
            And Joe Flacco immediately makes the Broncos a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
              And Joe Flacco immediately makes the Broncos a better team.
              Agreed.
              But what if Elway fails to improve the OL enough and
              Flacco gets injured again but during Week 2, then what?

To the OPs point:

"AJ McCarron released by Raiders

I think we should give him a look."

We just had Keenum and now Flacco- under a tight cap,
              We need to kick every reasonable tire.

Comment

We've got Flacco and Garrett Grayson on the roster at QB. They should be looking at guys like McCarron right now. At least talk to his agent.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

a mid round QB would make as good of a back up as AJ mccarron and have more upside.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    a mid round QB would make as good of a back up as AJ mccarron and have more upside.
                    Mid round QB?

Who?
                    Round?
                    Will he be there?
                    You sure your nameless mid round rookie QB is going to be better than an experienced AJ McCarron?

I hope you are right as it would be a less expensive contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      We could use a vet QB on the roster. OTC says he made $900k last year. Bring him in to camp, it's a worthwhile risk.
                      Last edited by listopencil; 03-15-2019, 01:28 AM.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                        We could use a vet QB on the roster. OTC says he made $900k last year. Bring him in to camp, it's a worthwhile risk.
                        This is where I am.

We do not want to have zero NFL experience at QB should Flacco get hurt. Not like AJ has a lot of experience but in the past I did like what I saw from him.

AJ should come with a very reasonable price tag and looking at the list of QBs with experience this is the one I like the most. He did not do well in Buff but then against most QBs do not do well in Buff. I am willing to see what he does with our coaching staff.]
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by SeNEBronco View Post
                          I wondered how fast this would happen after I saw he had been released. I would be interested as a backup, don't think he is starter material as some here thought last year.
                          He looked starter material in Cincy. Almost no QB looks like starter material in Buff.

Comment

Noooo absolutely not. Hardest pass of any qb available.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              He looked starter material in Cincy. Almost no QB looks like starter material in Buff.
                              He lost the job to Nathan Peterman. The guy who can’t last more than a half before the coaches decide to put the other guy in.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X